State of the Game: 2018 TV Ratings

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: State of the Game: 2018 TV Ratings

Post by pussycat »

Great stuff Wookie.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Very precise. Very factual. Well done Wookie.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:20 pm
to be honest, disappointed a the level of information provided in the NRL report.
What other information should there have been Wookie??
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Next the mongos will come in going blah blah blah about touch footy and yet still use ozkick numbers.

You can't use touch footy it's not rl waaaaaaaaaaaaah when infact touch and tag rl are a hellava lot older than ozkick is and has been national for decades longer.

Truth again (btw not having a go at this thread which breaks it all down well, just getting in first).
These users liked the author ParraEelsNRL for the post:
King-Eliagh (Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:36 pm)
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:52 am
Next the mongos will come in going blah blah blah about touch footy and yet still use ozkick numbers.

You can't use touch footy it's not rl waaaaaaaaaaaaah when infact touch and tag rl are a hellava lot older than ozkick is and has been national for decades longer.

Truth again (btw not having a go at this thread which breaks it all down well, just getting in first).
Thick shit, out of every 3rd party data collection taken for sporting participation rates shows the afl numbers to be decades ahead of league

Btw this is a tv ratings thread :(/
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

No, RL is a much bigger sport than girtbysea ball.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:24 pm

Im hoping to do particpation figures when I next have free time. Wont be this weekend - moving to Tassie over the weekend.

I tend to use both a combined NRL & Touch number, as well as separate figures for both. Keeps everybody happy. (same as I did with NRL crowd numbers last year reporting both traditional and new NRL methods of counting double headers).
Great Work Wookie>>
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Im hoping to do particpation figures when I next have free time. Wont be this weekend - moving to Tassie over the weekend.

I tend to use both a combined NRL & Touch number, as well as separate figures for both. Keeps everybody happy. (same as I did with NRL crowd numbers last year reporting both traditional and new NRL methods of counting double headers).
Very fair Wookie. Some of the most exciting players in the NRL have honed their skills in touch footy. A very important component of the overall game.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Terry wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Very fair Wookie. Some of the most exciting players in the NRL have honed their skills in touch footy. A very important component of the overall game.
To add to that point>> as the Game of Rugby League can be so brutal on the body and limited to certain athletes.
it is always going to be so limited in regards to player registrations...

alot of footy lovers are playing the game they love but in a non contact way.
where skills are just as good but in a slightly different way.

I myself would no longer play tackle rugby league anymore, and i resort to playing touch comps.
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

ParraEelsNRL wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:09 am
No, RL is a much bigger sport than girtbysea ball.
Yes
All the facts and figures point the opposite as to what your opinion is :(/
Every area points to afl is a much bigger spot, unless you have some exclusive facts and figures the world has net seen as yet
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Umm RL is played professionally in at least 6 countries, Australia, NZ, PNG (Hunters are fully pro in the qld cup) England, France and Canada with Wales having two semi pro teams in the English lower divisions where they can be promoted if they win right up to Super League. I'd say RL is way bigger than AFL. Also there are plans to put to the vote in a few weeks about admitting a second Canadian team and New York with Jacksonville and Boston murmuring about joining. Then we have the Balkan Super League which is growing each year that has clubs from 8 nations taking part. Those nations are Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia Herzegovina, Turkey, Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece and Italy. Probably have Russia in there somewhere shortly too.

Oops, forgot to mention Fiji joining the NSW cup next season :) You can bet they'll be fully pro too just like the Hunters from PNG.

What's the afl got again?

I also know that it's not just in TV ratings and player numbers that RL beats AFL too because unlike afl, RL isn't stuck in one country only and having only one professional comp.

So, what have ya got this time dumbo, blah blah blah it's not true blah blah blah?

Need some links or should I do what you do and provide ziltch, zero, nutta?
Last edited by ParraEelsNRL on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked the author ParraEelsNRL for the post:
leeroy*NRL* (Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:37 am)