NRL boss Todd Greenberg declares off-season a 'train wreck'

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: NRL boss Todd Greenberg declares off-season a 'train wreck'

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .
Can't be bothered ..
Translation .
I lied ..I got caught ..again....I'll post some deflective nonesense .

Simple fact . No RL fan on here has denied it's been a terrible off season .
Yet that's what you claimed .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
SportCapital
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm-Essendon Bombers-Melbourne Victory
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by SportCapital »

As Neville fucking Bartos so eloquently put it.
"There's no cash here. Here, there's no cash. Cash. No!

A "complete train wreck" of a code.

NRL warned of sponsor exodus over stream of off-season scandals
Full financial cost of scandals yet to be seen
Jack de Belin remains in State of Origin contention
Australian Associated Press

Thu 14 Feb 2019 09.30 AEDT

A sports marketing expert has warned the NRL faces a financial fallout for years to come as a result of rugby league’s scandal-plagued off-season. The code has stumbled from one ugly headline to the next over the summer and some are tipping that it may result in a backlash from sponsors and exodus of money from the game.

The NRL will, as expected, announce a profit when it unveils its financial results at its annual general meeting later this month. But Ben Parsons, founder of the Ministry of Sport, said recent controversies would be leading companies to question their investment in clubs and the game in the months to come.

NRL player Jack de Belin pleads not guilty to alleged rape

“You’ve got to remember the way planning cycles happen for clients,” Parsons said. “They don’t wake up and go ‘I want to sponsor a team’, it doesn’t happen like that. It’s at best a quarter away, at best, normally a year. All your missed opportunity, you see the problem in six-to-12 months. If you look at the Westpac group, their plans are four years out, they’ve got plans for 2022 already.”

Cronulla have already lost three major sponsors in Opal Solar, Bang and Olufsen, and Martec while the Andrew Fifita and Josh Dugan podcast scandal forced a prospective backer to pull out of a five-year deal worth $6m.

Parsons accused the NRL of not pressing home to players their responsibilities as brand ambassadors. “No-one’s actually showing [the players] what good brand is, the NRL are hopeless,” he said. “I put them in my top five worst administrators for brand and reputation management for individual athletes.”

Parsons said basketball’s NBA exemplified a winning approach. “And the reason is because they understand ... LeBron [James] doesn’t go just because you play well on the field [that behaviour doesn’t matter]. They’ve got a very holistic attitude on what the player signs into.”

Meanwhile, NSW are refusing to draw a line through Jack de Belin’s name for the Blues’ State of Origin defence as he fights against a rape charge. The NSWRL said on Wednesday they had not made a decision on the St George Illawarra lock’s eligibility and wouldn’t consider the issue until closer to the series kick-off.

Ben Barba banished from NRL after domestic violence video

De Belin on Tuesday pleaded not guilty to the aggravated sexual assault of a 19-year-old woman in a Wollongong apartment in December. The matter has been adjourned until 17 April however a swift resolution is unlikely with similar cases regularly spanning 12 to 18 months.

The issue will undoubtedly raise its head should coach Brad Fittler select De Belin for the 5 June series opener in Brisbane, though that may be unlikely. Fittler is known to be wary of having any avoidable distraction compromise his side. Last year he warned said he would blacklist any player whose contract negotiations threatened to upset team harmony, lamenting the fact nine members of the losing 2017 squad were involved in talks with clubs at the time.

But the NSWRL say it would be premature to not consider the 27-year-old. NSWRL chief executive Dave Trodden said the state’s governing body did not have an opinion on the issue this far out, and it would only be considered by the board if De Belin was picked by Fittler and his selection panel. “We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. It’s hypothetical at the moment,” Trodden told AAP.

De Belin has been cleared to continue training and playing with the Dragons, with the NRL saying he is entitled to the presumption of innocence. The Rugby League Players Association also warned against pre-judging the incumbent Blues back-rower amid a growing debate about whether he should be allowed to continue turning out for the Dragons.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

it has been a shocker no doubt.. no excuses. and got little to say about it...

Finally the NRL will come down on this mess... FINALLY!
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Yep. Been a disastrous off season. It will be interesting to see how the tv ratings hold up. If there was ever a reason for them to dip this is it.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Yep test will come tonight with the 1st Rugby League Game.

with fresh Media with bad press & Big bash Game
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

SportCapital wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 pm

A sports marketing expert has warned the NRL faces a financial fallout for years to come as a result of rugby league’s scandal-plagued off-season. The code has stumbled from one ugly headline to the next over the summer and some are tipping that it may result in a backlash from sponsors and exodus of money from the game.

The NRL will, as expected, announce a profit when it unveils its financial results at its annual general meeting later this month. But Ben Parsons, founder of the Ministry of Sport, said recent controversies would be leading companies to question their investment in clubs and the game in the months to come.

“You’ve got to remember the way planning cycles happen for clients,” Parsons said. “They don’t wake up and go ‘I want to sponsor a team’, it doesn’t happen like that. It’s at best a quarter away, at best, normally a year. All your missed opportunity, you see the problem in six-to-12 months. If you look at the Westpac group, their plans are four years out, they’ve got plans for 2022 already.”

Cronulla have already lost three major sponsors in Opal Solar, Bang and Olufsen, and Martec while the Andrew Fifita and Josh Dugan podcast scandal forced a prospective backer to pull out of a five-year deal worth $6m.

Parsons accused the NRL of not pressing home to players their responsibilities as brand ambassadors. “No-one’s actually showing [the players] what good brand is, the NRL are hopeless,” he said. “I put them in my top five worst administrators for brand and reputation management for individual athletes.”

Parsons said basketball’s NBA exemplified a winning approach. “And the reason is because they understand ... LeBron [James] doesn’t go just because you play well on the field [that behaviour doesn’t matter]. They’ve got a very holistic attitude on what the player signs into.”

Meanwhile, NSW are refusing to draw a line through Jack de Belin’s name for the Blues’ State of Origin defence as he fights against a rape charge. The NSWRL said on Wednesday they had not made a decision on the St George Illawarra lock’s eligibility and wouldn’t consider the issue until closer to the series kick-off.

De Belin on Tuesday pleaded not guilty to the aggravated sexual assault of a 19-year-old woman in a Wollongong apartment in December. The matter has been adjourned until 17 April however a swift resolution is unlikely with similar cases regularly spanning 12 to 18 months.

The issue will undoubtedly raise its head should coach Brad Fittler select De Belin for the 5 June series opener in Brisbane, though that may be unlikely. Fittler is known to be wary of having any avoidable distraction compromise his side. Last year he warned said he would blacklist any player whose contract negotiations threatened to upset team harmony, lamenting the fact nine members of the losing 2017 squad were involved in talks with clubs at the time.

But the NSWRL say it would be premature to not consider the 27-year-old. NSWRL chief executive Dave Trodden said the state’s governing body did not have an opinion on the issue this far out, and it would only be considered by the board if De Belin was picked by Fittler and his selection panel. “We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. It’s hypothetical at the moment,” Trodden told AAP.

De Belin has been cleared to continue training and playing with the Dragons, with the NRL saying he is entitled to the presumption of innocence. The Rugby League Players Association also warned against pre-judging the incumbent Blues back-rower amid a growing debate about whether he should be allowed to continue turning out for the Dragons.
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
What a mighty effort it’s buy the NRLOL this off season @ all of the bogans involved
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Nrlolol wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:38 pm
SportCapital wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 pm

:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
What a mighty effort it’s buy the NRLOL this off season @ all of the bogans involved
Pal, I can,t understand what you say when you post in pidgin English. Can you please translate. Ta!.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Ch7 news just reported Gil McLaughlin was a guest speaker at an NRL CEO conference

The NRL is in the midst of a public relations crisis. Club chief executives will meet in Melbourne on Friday with player behaviour at the top of their agenda. AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan will be the guest speaker, many in his code no doubt privately enjoying rugby league’s woes. https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... c9c6a7ada1

Desperate times indeed....
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol maybe privately they are asking GIl

How do you sweep things under the rug .
How,do you get the media onside
How do you get to do a hush hush deal with the cops .

I'm sure GIl won't tell them .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:07 pm

They wouldn't have invited him if they werent interested in learning from him
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Well he is learnt off Vlad who was the best at the above sweeping deals .

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

And things in the nrlol don’t get swept under the rug and noncash payments are ever made! :(/
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

NlolRL wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:56 pm
Ch7 news just reported Gil McLaughlin was a guest speaker at an NRL CEO conference

The NRL is in the midst of a public relations crisis. Club chief executives will meet in Melbourne on Friday with player behaviour at the top of their agenda. AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan will be the guest speaker, many in his code no doubt privately enjoying rugby league’s woes. https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... c9c6a7ada1

Desperate times indeed....
Finally, the NRlilL will receive some intelligent guidance on how to run a league.
I just hope Gill can hold back his laughter.
Oh, who am I kidding. Of course he will. He's professional!
These users liked the author SportCapital for the post:
notaleaguefan (Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:14 pm)
SportCapital
Coach
Coach

Post by SportCapital »

In a massive win for the purists.
With the Sharks losing their Jersey front, back and sleeve sponsors the players will be almost ad free.
A great initiative. More clubs should adopt this. It a great look for the players.

Watch this space.
Other clubs could be forced to follow.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Nrlolol wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:41 am

And things in the nrlol don’t get swept under the rug and noncash payments are ever made! :(/
Please show where this has happened in the NRL .
Please show where hush money has been paid to a victim of criminal behaviour.
Lol I've asked before .
You can't seem to provide any.

🤣
Xman wrote