'They'll always complain': Danger slams AFLX critics

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Dinny Navaratnam
Jan 18, 2019 1:18PM

PATRICK Dangerfield doesn't have any time for critics of AFLX.

"They were the same sceptics last year that complained that the best players weren't playing," Dangerfield told reporters at Geelong on Friday.

"They're the same ones that are now saying, 'Oh, this is a terrible format'. They'll always complain about something. You just can't buy into it."

The new format sees eight players on a rectangular field, with games consisting of two 10-minute halves.

There will be four teams, with Dangerfield captaining the Bolts, Fremantle superstar Nat Fyfe leading the Flyers, Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt the skipper of the Rampage, and Adelaide maestro Eddie Betts in charge of an all-indigenous line-up called the Deadlys.

They will draft players on to their teams before the matches take place in a one-day event on Friday, February 22.

The innovation has been criticised by some who fail see the point of it.

"Whenever you're initially trying something new, there's always going to be scepticism around it," Dangerfield said.

There's always going to be a few different things that you need to tinker with, but I think the concept itself is really promising

"It's faster, it's that shorter format.

"I think it engages kids probably a little bit better than what we do with AFL games because they go for so long.

"Combining that with the fact it's in summer, it's a little bit warmer. I think it will be well received."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-18/t ... lx-critics
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: 'They'll always complain': Danger slams AFLX critics

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:35 am
Dinny Navaratnam
Jan 18, 2019 1:18PM

PATRICK Dangerfield doesn't have any time for critics of AFLX.

"They were the same sceptics last year that complained that the best players weren't playing," Dangerfield told reporters at Geelong on Friday.

"They're the same ones that are now saying, 'Oh, this is a terrible format'. They'll always complain about something. You just can't buy into it."

The new format sees eight players on a rectangular field, with games consisting of two 10-minute halves.

There will be four teams, with Dangerfield captaining the Bolts, Fremantle superstar Nat Fyfe leading the Flyers, Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt the skipper of the Rampage, and Adelaide maestro Eddie Betts in charge of an all-indigenous line-up called the Deadlys.

They will draft players on to their teams before the matches take place in a one-day event on Friday, February 22.

The innovation has been criticised by some who fail see the point of it.

"Whenever you're initially trying something new, there's always going to be scepticism around it," Dangerfield said.

There's always going to be a few different things that you need to tinker with, but I think the concept itself is really promising

"It's faster, it's that shorter format.

"I think it engages kids probably a little bit better than what we do with AFL games because they go for so long.

"Combining that with the fact it's in summer, it's a little bit warmer. I think it will be well received."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-18/t ... lx-critics
Another guest appearance from the great beatup!!!! Good work pal. And once again it's defend, defend, defend the great god fumble at all costs.

In this case it's actually hard core fumble fans, commentators and ex-players who have lambasted, laughed at and derided this freak show. It doesn't need any help from anyone else. This laughing stock idiocy will be played for one day this year and will never be heard of again.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Excuse me, where did I even comment or as you put it... “defend, defend, defend”?

Go on Terry, please explain.

Perhaps going forward you could learn to read what’s actually posted and be informed before you hit the reply button you imbecile.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .
Let me guess how this goes

Ring ring..hello..dangerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr herrrrrrrrre. ooops I've dropped the ph ..
Um hello ..oops I've dropped it again ..
Yeh I'm right now ..Im wearing my grip glove so I don't drop things .

Hi Danger your esteemed cult leader Gilty the great here .
We have a small problem ..well ..seeing as I'm not talking to the brainwashed masses I'll be straight.
We have a huge fucking problem ...
It seems AFLX is not that popular ..in fact the majority hate it ..laugh at it . Don't want it .
It's a hard one .
I can't hire any more freaks ..I've got them all now .thats not working.

I can't lie about this like my MASTERSTROKE catering tents lie in China .
This is at home ..freak show central ...

So I want you ..as your boss .& supreme leader to talk it up
Ive already told the media they have to print a positive story or gilty will make life hard .
So hard ..you don't have a job ...just like the fucking Grant Thomas ...how dare he tell the truth & show us up .

Think you can do it son .

Yes boss

Ok just to be sure I've emailed you the script .
Don't deviate from it ..or else .

Thanks boss
No thank you servant .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Beaussie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:56 am
Excuse me, where did I even comment or as you put it... “defend, defend, defend”?

Perhaps going forward you could learn to read what’s actually posted and be informed before you hit the reply button you imbecile.
Gee pal, I looked at the thread and golly gee whizz it was posted by......ahhhhhhh…….oh yeah...…. YOU!!!!!!! And it is a story defending the x freakshow in light of the universal panning it's been getting.

So being the highly intelligent individual I am, I concluded that once again you are blindly defending the idiotic rubbish!!!!! Call it perception, understanding, cognitive awareness. It's a thing smart discerning people can do. I don't expect you will understand!!!

So there ya go pal...….all explained. Your now excused!!!!!
These users liked the author Terry for the post:
King-Eliagh (Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 pm)
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

Going buy the several threads already made up by the bumbling baffoon league fans, AFLx has em running scared!

Pretty funny as it’s a trial of a shits and giggle pre season tournament
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Rinse repeat
Rinse repeat .

So what are all the afl fans who are are trashing this circus running scared from .????

🤣
Xman wrote
notaleaguefan
Banned
Team: AFL
Been liked: 25 times

Post by notaleaguefan »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:07 pm
Rinse repeat
Rinse repeat .

So what are all the afl fans who are are trashing this circus running scared from .????
League fans dweeb, are hysterical over aflx
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

That's not what I asked
DEFLECTOR

What are the afl fans running scared from ....& there's many many many who are trashing it ?

Please answer without deflecting onto RL .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:18 pm
That's not what I asked
DEFLECTOR

What are the afl fans running scared from ....& there's many many many who are trashing it ?

there's a big difference between criticising the concept and making thread after thread, and post after post about it :wave:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

NlolRL wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:12 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:18 pm
That's not what I asked
DEFLECTOR

there's a big difference between criticising the concept and making thread after thread, and post after post about it :wave:
Considering it’s all just a kick and giggles pre season filler concept, it’s funny to see how obsessed RL fans seem to be. Perhaps they fear if the concept ever did take off, their regularly half empty rectangular NRL stadiums would be at risk of being taken over by the AFL. :lol:
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear
The forum idiot is supported by the boss idiot .
Afl fans ..great for the comedy .
Not so great with common sense

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Terry wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:06 pm
Beaussie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:56 am

Gee pal, I looked at the thread and golly gee whizz it was posted by......ahhhhhhh…….oh yeah...…. YOU!!!!!!! And it is a story defending the x freakshow in light of the universal panning it's been getting.

So being the highly intelligent individual I am, I concluded that once again you are blindly defending the idiotic rubbish!!!!! Call it perception, understanding, cognitive awareness. It's a thing smart discerning people can do. I don't expect you will understand!!!

So there ya go pal...….all explained. Your now excused!!!!!
:lol:

Beaussie, common now, admit it. You were defending aflx big time! :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Gees, imagine the total meltdown from leaguies if this concept proved successful. 😂
''Open-minded' Fyfe admits to nerves about AFLX debut
Travis King
Jan 21, 2019 4:23PM

SUPERSTAR Nat Fyfe admits to "some nervousness" being involved in a restyled AFLX, but says the opportunity to play alongside the League's elite was too good to pass up.

Fyfe conceded the four AFLX captains – including Patrick Dangerfield, Eddie Betts and Jack Riewoldt – were putting their reputations at risk by fronting the new format, which will be unveiled at Marvel Stadium on February 22.

The Fremantle skipper understands the skepticism but believed the concept – featuring eight players per side on a rectangular field – had potential and could develop into a franchise-style tournament played overseas.

"I couldn't really see anything wrong with getting involved," Fyfe said.

"I didn't get to do AFLX last year. I'm keen to have a go at the concept.

"I've got some nervousness around it like everyone else does, but I think we would be missing an opportunity if we didn't try to venture into new avenues in our game.

"Maybe this format will suit me, maybe it won't. I'm really open-minded about it and keen to give it a go.

"If I try, it sucks, I'll write it off, but I'm open-minded at this stage."

Fyfe was partly sold by the chance to select his own team, nicknamed the 'Flyers', from the cream of the AFL crop.

He nominated the likes of Marcus Bontempelli, Patrick Cripps, Scott Pendlebury, Kade Simpson, Joel Selwood and Elliot Yeo as potential targets in the draft early next month.

But his chances of playing alongside fellow Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin appear slim.

"I bumped into Dusty in Costa Rica in the off-season actually and asked him if he was getting involved, and he was a little bit skeptical at that stage, so hopefully we can get him over the line and playing," Fyfe said.

Some have questioned why State of Origin can't be revived if players, who will be paid for their involvement, can put their hands up for AFLX.

Fyfe, a "fence-sitter" about State of Origin, believed the risk of injury was significantly lower in the new format.

"I think State of Origin died a natural death because the best players weren't playing because it was a full-length game, there was that standard injury risk," he said.

"The idea with AFLX, I think players are going to only be playing about 30 minutes of footy in this concept.

"There won't be a lot of contact. I won't be telling my team to be tackling, going back with the flight of the ball, or even doing those really hard, long chase-outs.

"It's more about skill, it's about structure, it's about the high marks, the freakish goals – the stuff you wouldn't see at a stock-standard, regular-season AFL game.

"The smaller numbers opens the door, potentially, to start the discussion around the State of Origin footy again at some stage."

Fyfe revealed his charity for AFLX was the Royal Flying Doctor Service, with the winning team set to donate $30,000 to a selected cause. The runner-up will donate $10,000 with the remaining two teams distributing $5000 each to their preferred charities.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-21/ ... aflx-debut
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:20 am
Gees, imagine the total meltdown from leaguies if this concept proved successful. 😂
''Open-minded' Fyfe admits to nerves about AFLX debut
Travis King
Jan 21, 2019 4:23PM

SUPERSTAR Nat Fyfe admits to "some nervousness" being involved in a restyled AFLX, but says the opportunity to play alongside the League's elite was too good to pass up.

Fyfe conceded the four AFLX captains – including Patrick Dangerfield, Eddie Betts and Jack Riewoldt – were putting their reputations at risk by fronting the new format, which will be unveiled at Marvel Stadium on February 22.

The Fremantle skipper understands the skepticism but believed the concept – featuring eight players per side on a rectangular field – had potential and could develop into a franchise-style tournament played overseas.

"I couldn't really see anything wrong with getting involved," Fyfe said.

"I didn't get to do AFLX last year. I'm keen to have a go at the concept.

"I've got some nervousness around it like everyone else does, but I think we would be missing an opportunity if we didn't try to venture into new avenues in our game.

"Maybe this format will suit me, maybe it won't. I'm really open-minded about it and keen to give it a go.

"If I try, it sucks, I'll write it off, but I'm open-minded at this stage."

Fyfe was partly sold by the chance to select his own team, nicknamed the 'Flyers', from the cream of the AFL crop.

He nominated the likes of Marcus Bontempelli, Patrick Cripps, Scott Pendlebury, Kade Simpson, Joel Selwood and Elliot Yeo as potential targets in the draft early next month.

But his chances of playing alongside fellow Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin appear slim.

"I bumped into Dusty in Costa Rica in the off-season actually and asked him if he was getting involved, and he was a little bit skeptical at that stage, so hopefully we can get him over the line and playing," Fyfe said.

Some have questioned why State of Origin can't be revived if players, who will be paid for their involvement, can put their hands up for AFLX.

Fyfe, a "fence-sitter" about State of Origin, believed the risk of injury was significantly lower in the new format.

"I think State of Origin died a natural death because the best players weren't playing because it was a full-length game, there was that standard injury risk," he said.

"The idea with AFLX, I think players are going to only be playing about 30 minutes of footy in this concept.

"There won't be a lot of contact. I won't be telling my team to be tackling, going back with the flight of the ball, or even doing those really hard, long chase-outs.

"It's more about skill, it's about structure, it's about the high marks, the freakish goals – the stuff you wouldn't see at a stock-standard, regular-season AFL game.

"The smaller numbers opens the door, potentially, to start the discussion around the State of Origin footy again at some stage."

Fyfe revealed his charity for AFLX was the Royal Flying Doctor Service, with the winning team set to donate $30,000 to a selected cause. The runner-up will donate $10,000 with the remaining two teams distributing $5000 each to their preferred charities.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-21/ ... aflx-debut
Lol poor old Bea
Flogging a dead horse .

So this bloke is prob the same as dagman.
Handed a script by Gilty to read .
Talk it up son
Talk it up .

Lol & you can bet the AFL will screech
SUCCESSFUL
Just like last year .
Just like the China game .
When reality shows they were far from successful .
Lol & you being the braindead cult follower will believe it

🤣
Xman wrote