PACIFIC NATIONS

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: PACIFIC NATIONS

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Bhaaaaaa
Insecure fumbler comes into RL thread .
How's afl going in the pacific .
TLPG 🀣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🀣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:57 pm
Bhaaaaaa
Oh.....sorry I thought this was a fight club i didnt realise that this particular thread is for RL people only. Lol you silly, i didnt make any claim AFL is taking the Pacific islands like a rampaging panzer through poland. You guys made that claim whilst ignoring the traditional sporting code of that area. Good luck to RL I honestly hope it goes well. But you are placing a team in a country of 898,000 people (WA Pop is 2.58 Mil/SA is 1.66Mil and the average sallary is $13800 US (Australias is $78,000 WA is $88,000/SA is 73,300 ) and flying time from Fiji to Australia 4 1/2 hrs. But by almeans dont let these little facts get in the way of your world wide domination dreams for RL! HAHAHA.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Swans4ever wrote: ↑Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:11 pm
Bhaaaaaa
Oh.....sorry I thought this was a fight club i didnt realise that this particular thread is for RL people only. Lol you silly, i didnt make any claim AFL is taking the Pacific islands like a rampaging panzer through poland. You guys made that claim whilst ignoring the traditional sporting code of that area. Good luck to RL I honestly hope it goes well. But you are placing a team in a country of 898,000 people (WA Pop is 2.58 Mil/SA is 1.66Mil and the average sallary is $13800 US (Australias is $78,000 WA is $88,000/SA is 73,300 ) and flying time from Fiji to Australia 4 1/2 hrs. But by almeans dont let these little facts get in the way of your world wide domination dreams for RL! HAHAHA.
common swannies, get your act together...

the NRL is placing a team in FIJI in the NSW CUP COMPETITION>>> not the NRL>>>

why because it will bring in more avenues to the game.
being player development out of FIJI and more fans to the game>>

the Model will be in place like what PNG have done>>
which is a great set up.

who said anything about world domination>>
having these countries = a great match to watch.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: ↑Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:32 pm
Bhaaaaaa

which is a great set up.

From other threads Pusscat in particular (KE as well to a lesser extent) have insinuated that very proposition. No doubt like PNG being in the state league is a possitive but the next level will require at least 10 - 15 mil to run a 1st class club. Given that Tonga and Fiji have very low standards of living and small populations I am just pointing out that this MAY be beyond an NRL club operating out of there (aside from the possibility that other clubs will want to be reimbursed their travel costs ala Perth Reds). Facilities, support and infrastructure is a daunting task without RU fighting back which they will.
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Swans4ever wrote: ↑Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm

which is a great set up.

From other threads Pusscat in particular (KE as well to a lesser extent) have insinuated that very proposition. No doubt like PNG being in the state league is a possitive but the next level will require at least 10 - 15 mil to run a 1st class club. Given that Tonga and Fiji have very low standards of living and small populations I am just pointing out that this MAY be beyond an NRL club operating out of there (aside from the possibility that other clubs will want to be reimbursed their travel costs ala Perth Reds). Facilities, support and infrastructure is a daunting task without RU fighting back which they will.
there will never be an NRL club out of Samoa or Tonga...

I can See PNG >> but they would need a few big things to change>> big companies hoping on board.
And Government support, which would happen as they are dieing to have a team in Australian Comp

Fiji while the population is only 1 million (it is enough to support a team)
but they are along the same lines of PNG

would need a fair few things put in place>> the min wage also does not help..

i couldnt see a Fiji team in the NRL and wouldnt want it either..
but at international level it is great for the game.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

which is a great set up.

O'god what did I say, I hope I didn't offend you Sarge.

Anyone in there right mind would know there was a bit of tongue in cheek involved. World dominance isn't scheduled for another 10 years.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote: ↑Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:50 am

which is a great set up.

Anyone in there right mind would know there was a bit of tongue in cheek involved. World dominance isn't scheduled for another 10 years.
Sorry Pussycat I know you out of everyone likes to have free licence with exaggerating, and am certainly not offended. But you might want to be carefull what you wish for, after all Australia has only 25 mill people half of which dont follow RL. If 10 percent of America follow and play RL Australia may never win a RLWC again! But I dont think you have to worry about that for some time.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Swans4ever wrote: ↑Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:57 am
pussycat wrote: ↑Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:50 am

Sorry Pussycat I know you out of everyone likes to have free licence with exaggerating, and am certainly not offended. But you might want to be carefull what you wish for, after all Australia has only 25 mill people half of which dont follow RL. If 10 percent of America follow and play RL Australia may never win a RLWC again! But I dont think you have to worry about that for some time.
An increase in participants would lead to an increase in quality of matches - financial increases and that would leading to even further participation. It can only be bad for the AFL =D

Going by Australia's sporting history on the world stage I wouldn't be so quick to rule the Kangaroo's out.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

New Pacific Championship to give nations regular Tests

Pacific nations are set to play in a regular end-of-season tournament, possibly including Australia and New Zealand, while they may also host Tests against Great Britain during the 2019 Lions tour.

The RLIF recently appointed Jeremy Edwards, the 2017 World Cup tournament director, to the newly-created role of southern hemisphere general manager. One of his main tasks is to develop a Pacific Championship to provide regular games for Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.

Establishing the Pacific Championship;
Developing greater parity in Test payments, and;
Creating a five-year international calendar.

Among the key events on the international calendar will be the re-introduction of Lions tours, with Great Britain planning to travel to the southern hemisphere in 2019 to play Australia and New Zealand.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Mark this day down>>

13th October Australia v Tonga
it is a history making event. that has guaranteed a sell out in Auckland.
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

Bhaaaaaa
Mate we are still waiting for AFL to get a team outside Australia or get another country to even notice your sport lol..

Meanwhile I'll let you enjoy a Toronto Wolfpack game. Rugby League has a professional club in a city of 2.8 million in a nation bigger than Australia.
Where is AFLs overseas teams???

Toronto Wolfpack vs Toulouse Olympique

RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

While the NRL season is over>> we turn our attention to 2 tests matches.
with sell outs across the tasman

Aus V NZ

Aus v Tonga.. which is sure to be a massive hit ( and a history making first)

IT’S ON! AUSTRALIA TO PLAY TONGA IN HISTORIC TEST
THEY were the story of last year’s World Cup.Now Tonga are on the verge of being handed a ticket to deliver one of rugby league’s greatest upsets by beating world champions Australia.

while N.Z head over to England in a 3 test series.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

SOLD OUT
SOLD OUT

AUS V TONGA

HISTORY MAKING TEST MATCH>> SATURDAY 5:30pm

THE PACIFIC TIDE IS TURNING
NRL&NFLweLaughATafl
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles and Huddersfield Giants
Been liked: 13 times

Post by NRL&NFLweLaughATafl »

A sellout too.
RUGBY LEAGUE 28 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 5 COUNTRIES
πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ πŸ‡«πŸ‡· πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
AUSSIE RULES 18 FIRST GRADE CLUBS IN 1 COUNTRY
πŸ‡­πŸ‡²
Rugby League in Canada (Toronto Wolfpack)
http://www.torontowolfpack.com

UK Rugby League
http://www.rugby-league.com
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

gotta say i was disappointed Channel 9 shafted the Australia v Tonga game to GEM is SD

with rise of TONGA it has finally got International footy back on the agenda...

Weird Fact>>

Australia will only play 3 tests this year, where as NZ will play 5

be great to see the big 3 nations playing 8+ games a year
and pacific nations 5+