AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by Terry »

Well sports fans the great Wookie has been on the job again so tracking the TV ratings this week is easy. And for the fumbling game the disaster continues in this annus giganticus horribilius lololololololol!!!!!!

R18 in 2017 was the 2nd lowest rating round for the year so you would expect this year the broken game might make up some of the lost millions of viewers. Well unfortunately you would expect wrong lololololololol!!!!!!!

Yep......it's another slow motion car crash for Gilty and the crew. 2017 R18 3.785M. 2018 R18 3.319M. That is a catastrophic 466k dropping off the cliff in just ONE round. Geronimooooooooo lolololololo!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily Gilty and the boys have given the junior female staffers a bit of respite and are busily trialling a plethora of new rules to fix up the ugly mess. Here's hoping they can keep their hands off the staffers long enough to come up with something to save the broken game lololololololol.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

No surprise. No Thursday game, no Saturday game into Melbourne and Adelaide, no prime time game in Perth on Saturday and the Friday game included another cellar dwellar side in the saints.

While ratings are off like many other sports worldwide the attendance stats look to be heading for a record season
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:58 pm
No surprise. No Thursday game, no Saturday game into Melbourne and Adelaide, no prime time game in Perth on Saturday and the Friday game included another cellar dwellar side in the saints.

While ratings are off like many other sports worldwide the attendance stats look to be heading for a record season
SEVEN’S AFL: SATURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Seven Network 484,000 22,000 276,000 19,000 114,000 53,000

(Cats v D'S into melbourne)
100 - 98

276k watched in melbourne

114k watched in Adelaide the Crows v Lions Game
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Yep. Nothing to see here lololololololol!!!!!!! Problem is the game is losing 100k's of viewers each and every round. And ratings in many sports are down - except the NRL.

And your crowds are very good indeed. However an intelligent study shows the crowds in the new Perth stadium are driving the slight increase overall. Without this they would also be down.
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

you can add to that>>
the overall increase over the last few years was due to

Crows & Port at Adelaide Oval.. bumping up the figures now the Perth Stadium is doing it again..
which is helping the overall figure in Crazy mad SA AND WA AFL States.

i would like to see the Melbourne figures only..
how they are holding up
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

But, But, But. surprise, surprise. It's LOL and he's got more excuse. You didn't have a Thursday game last year either [-(

Adelaide Crows v Melbourne live into Perth .If there shown Live at 5 you would whinge if they were on delay you would whinge even louder . What do you want?

Ooh, you had to play one of your poor rating sides. well that explains it :roll: :(/ :(/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:19 pm

SEVEN’S AFL: SATURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Seven Network 484,000 22,000 276,000 19,000 114,000 53,000

(Cats v D'S into melbourne)
100 - 98

276k watched in melbourne

114k watched in Adelaide the Crows v Lions Game
yep, sorry, I meant no afternoon game, so Melbourne and Adelaide only had 3 games for the round, hence it was low rating overall
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:35 pm
you can add to that>>
the overall increase over the last few years was due to

Crows & Port at Adelaide Oval.. bumping up the figures now the Perth Stadium is doing it again..
which is helping the overall figure in Crazy mad SA AND WA AFL States.

i would like to see the Melbourne figures only..
how they are holding up
I'd say they are probably holding steady after a dip in recent years. It's true Perth's new stadium is helping, however, it's also true that their crowds were stunted by their previous stadium size, and they desperately needed the new stadium years ago
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

yes, same with the Adelaide Crows.

AFL are Expecting 80k Plus for the Collingwood v Richmond game this week.. woah
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:19 pm

But, But, But. surprise, surprise. It's LOL and he's got more excuse. You didn't have a Thursday game last year either [-(

Adelaide Crows v Melbourne live into Perth .If there shown Live at 5 you would whinge if they were on delay you would whinge even louder . What do you want?

Ooh, you had to play one of your poor rating sides. well that explains it :roll: :(/ :(/
comparing rounds from 1 year to the next, like Terry is doing, is pointless given the matches and the scheduling conditions are completely different
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

According to you every comparison is pointless ..except fri night AFL v NRL
He is comparing AFl v AFL ...lol
Yet you still say it's pointless .

You are beyond help .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:30 pm

You are beyond help .
if round 18 last year had the same sides playing against each other, with the same TV schedule, with each team performing the same as last year, and the results the same as last year, it'd would be a meaningful evaluation. As it is, it's of little to no value at all, other than trolling
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:30 pm

You are beyond help .
if round 18 last year had the same sides playing against each other, with the same TV schedule, with each team performing the same as last year, and the results the same as last year, it'd would be a meaningful evaluation. As it is, it's of little to no value at all, other than trolling
Trying to have an intelligent objective conversation with this cultist zealot is a totally pointless exercise. He won't compare anything unless it shows a fumbleball win in some form. It's a sad but true reflection of the average fb fan. Deluded, delusional and willfully ignorant.

For the intelligent posters here: every round of the AFL has been down, down, down. Last week was down nearly 1/2 a million viewers. Their Friday night game barely got over 700k. Overall they are down nearly 20% or about 8M viewers this year. Anyone detect a trend??? Anyone see that in comparison to last year the AFL is in disastrous freefall????

You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts!!!!
leeroy*NRL*

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

even if the games do not line up or match ups..

the rounds do.. and Terry is showing us the drop per round overall.
which is interesting to see.

(because if i am a Network and i have paid big bucks for it i want my figures to either hold or lift)

but they are falling 10-15% per round on Avg.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:50 am
even if the games do not line up or match ups..

the rounds do.. and Terry is showing us the drop per round overall.
which is interesting to see.

(because if i am a Network and i have paid big bucks for it i want my figures to either hold or lift)

but they are falling 10-15% per round on Avg.
no they dont. Round 20 last year is nothing like round 20 this year. Teams are performing differently, the matchups are different, the teams on FTA are different. Maybe over a season its relevant, but round v round is pointless