Fight Club - Football TV Ratings (AFL vs NRL)

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Fight Club - Football TV Ratings

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Oh dear .
The 50% longer crap
Yet when I applied that insane theory to which code got the better media deal(RL got more due to a 80 min game v a 120 min game) it apparently doesn't apply
There we have it folks the 50% crap doesn't apply if it favours RL.

Lol
But but but but but but
Comparing ratings is pointless ..lol different schedule blah blah blah

No it's not
Simple fact & it is a fact..RL is the most watched sport in this country by a long way .

All your bitching & whining can't change that fact .
How's that for answering your pathetic attemp at "points"

You also continuously ignore that the Warriors NZ ratings are not counted .
I pointed that out yet again ..& surprise you ignored it .
Let's not count the west Coke eagles WA ratings .

Also let's not address you have more games
More games on FTA
More games televised into home markets to maximise the viewers .

GIl would be happy at the your cultist views .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Then to really point out how stupid you are .
You have no other cultist or fans backing up any of your insane theories
No media company uses the 50% longer theory
Same applies for ratings companies

Now I wonder why that is

Are they all wrong
Have they been assessing ratings all wrong since they started .
Have media companies outlaid billions to buy sports rights based on wrong information .
Why have they ignored the one lone sane voice of yours ,.

Lol
You're a fruit loop .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:20 pm
Oh dear .
The 50% longer crap
Yet when I applied that insane theory to which code got the better media deal(RL got more due to a 80 min game v a 120 min game) it apparently doesn't apply
There we have it folks the 50% crap doesn't apply if it favours RL.
I already addressed that. The AFL received less per game because neither Ch7 nor fox received exclusive games and because they were forced to show games against each other.
Lol
But but but but but but
Comparing ratings is pointless ..lol different schedule blah blah blah

No it's not
Simple fact & it is a fact..RL is the most watched sport in this country by a long way .
wrong. 10m would be less than 10% different. 10mil is basically 9 Friday night games amongst a season of over 200 games. The difference is miniscule and easily accounted for given ALL of you games are shown in isolation and almost all ours arent
You also continuously ignore that the Warriors NZ ratings are not counted .
I pointed that out yet again ..& surprise you ignored it .
Let's not count the west Coke eagles WA ratings .
if we had access to them rather than guessing it may be relevant. However, it's like Australian soccer fans counting France's ratings and saying they prove soccer is more popular on TV in Australia
Also let's not address you have more games
we have far less available games because viewers cant watch, or be counted as watching, 2 games at the same time, which is relevant to over half our games
More games on FTA
we basically have around the same live FTA games now given Melbourne get 3 FTA games and Perth/Adelaide get most of their games either delayed or on 7 mate. The advantage is no where near as significant as showing all games in isolation
More games televised into home markets to maximise the viewers .
We have more fukin markets, and more teams in each market!!! If the NRL had teams in Perth and Adelaide you'd have to do the same thing or have far less FTA viewers
GIl would be happy at the your cultist views .
the usual deflection
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:49 pm
Then to really point out how stupid you are .
You have no other cultist or fans backing up any of your insane theories
No media company uses the 50% longer theory
Same applies for ratings companies
no media company compares ratings of different length shows! :roll: Why? Because they arent directly comparable
Are they all wrong
no, they dont bother because it isnt a realistic comparison. Ch7 news over 30 minutes cannot be directly compared to ch10's news over 60 minutes. The result is basically meaningless when the time isnt factored in.
Have media companies outlaid billions to buy sports rights based on wrong information .
they leave the interpretation of the ratings results to the networks. You dont see OZTAM making judgements about which show is more popular based on their figures
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:21 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:45 am
Haha, out come the ferrals shaking their fists.

If RL was more popular on TV it wouldn't get repeatedly beaten by quite some margin on direct comparisons week after week.
It doesn't ? In fact this year, even at club level it ratings have bettered the AFL's most weeks. You've have'nt just heard that from me and others here, but from many highly educated people. What wrong with you? does it just go in 1 ear and out the other . Do you think there all just making this stuff up? WHY do you think the NRL has on the front of its Website that RUGBY LEAGUE IS THE MOST POPULAR SPORT IN AUSTRALIA?????????????????????????
you think the NRL's opinion about their own product should be taken as fact. FMD you're a dope!

Now, can you answer the question I've asked. When was the last game the NRL (not SOO) rated over 1mil, because that accounts for all your games, not just Friday night. That answer alone should tell you which code is more popular on TV. One code manages to repeatedly rate over 1m, the other struggles to, even with their best matches
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

These are your warped interpretations .
I asked for something from a media or ratings company .
In true cultist style you just dismiss these & rant with crap .

Show me a media or ratings company that uses your 50% crap .
You can't ..
Yet you still ramble on with it .

Again I asked for anyone or any company that backs up your theories

You can't .

Like Terry said ..goldfish .
You have nothing but the same repetitive crap .

Until then ...going by official ratings by official media groups
RL is the most watched in this country .
You want to argue against that ...fine .
But please use something other than your bizarro theories & opinions .
Something official would be a good start .

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:05 pm
These are your warped interpretations .
I asked for something from a media or ratings company .
In true cultist style you just dismiss these & rant with crap .
you asked for something the ratings companies dont do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: They don't comment on popularity or make program comparisons. I've asked you where they do this and you cant find. Why? Because they only provide average ratings in raw numbers, they dont compare them. So why would they apply a theory like mine if they dont even compare ratings in the first place??????????????????????

If you disagree show me where they have
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

They provide only raw & average numbers
Your words .
& when these numbers are all added up at the end of the year ..RL wins .
The most watched sport on tv .

& as for your 50% theory Thanks for showing that there's no one .
No one at all who even entertains the stupidity of it .
Yet you continually try to use it as showing that afl is the most watched .
Talk about self ownage
Thank you come again

🤣
Xman wrote
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:30 pm
Your words .

Talk about self ownage
Thank you come again
I have no issue that RL ends up around 10m ahead at the end of the season. In fact it will be closer to 20mil this year.

I have an issue with the interpretation of these raw figures given:
1. no ratings agency uses raw figures to compare the popularity of programs, let alone programs that run for different lengths.
2. Comparing the total figures without context is pointless given both codes schedule their product entirely differently, with the NRL focusing mainly on TV and the AFL a mixture of attendance, growth of the game, and TV
3. almost every time we see head to head scheduling under similar conditions the AFL comes out ahead, often quite comfortably. This suggests the cumulative totals are misleading as an estimation of popularity at best
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:35 pm
AFLcrap1 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:30 pm
Your words .

Talk about self ownage
Thank you come again
I have no issue that RL ends up around 10m ahead at the end of the season. In fact it will be closer to 20mil this year.

I have an issue with the interpretation of these raw figures given:
1. no ratings agency uses raw figures to compare the popularity of programs, let alone programs that run for different lengths.
2. Comparing the total figures without context is pointless given both codes schedule their product entirely differently, with the NRL focusing mainly on TV and the AFL a mixture of attendance, growth of the game, and TV
3. almost every time we see head to head scheduling under similar conditions the AFL comes out ahead, often quite comfortably. This suggests the cumulative totals are misleading as an estimation of popularity at best
You should have stopped after your first sentence
Attachments
IMG_5045.JPG
IMG_5045.JPG (27.02 KiB) Viewed 1985 times

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:01 pm
pussycat wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:21 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:45 am
Haha, out come the ferrals shaking their fists.

If RL was more popular on TV it wouldn't get repeatedly beaten by quite some margin on direct comparisons week after week.
It doesn't ? In fact this year, even at club level it ratings have bettered the AFL's most weeks. You've have'nt just heard that from me and others here, but from many highly educated people. What wrong with you? does it just go in 1 ear and out the other . Do you think there all just making this stuff up? WHY do you think the NRL has on the front of its Website that RUGBY LEAGUE IS THE MOST POPULAR SPORT IN AUSTRALIA?????????????????????????
you think the NRL's opinion about their own product should be taken as fact. FMD you're a dope!

Now, can you answer the question I've asked. When was the last game the NRL (not SOO) rated over 1mil, because that accounts for all your games, not just Friday night. That answer alone should tell you which code is more popular on TV. One code manages to repeatedly rate over 1m, the other struggles to, even with their best matches
Woolworths would never allow a competitor to make a claim like that unless it was true.
Its not like saying the suns crowd was 10 thousand . Its a comment that affects billion dollar contracts. And the NRL are far from the only ones making similar claims.

Your comment about highest rating matches but but but, except Origin :(/ :(/ :(/ is simply ridiculous.

And as for your claim that the AFL is more viewed because the match goes an extra 50m, as many or more viewers tune out in the last 50m.

And if you look at todays mediawek How is it do you think, that they work out that Ch7 are leading the ratings for the week???? or is it a case of but, but, but,not head to head, not head to head we don't have the voice, we don't have married at first site . Not fair, not fair our shows only go half an hour. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Woolworths would never allow a competitor to make a claim like that unless it was true.
Its not like saying the suns crowd was 10 thousand . Its a comment that affects billion dollar contracts. And the NRL are far from the only ones making similar claims.
If coles claimed their stores were the most popular in Australia you think Woolworths would bother responding? It's a fuking opinion! They can say whatever they want, doesnt mean it's true. You would have to be the most gullible person on earth.
Your comment about highest rating matches but but but, except Origin :(/ :(/ :(/ is simply ridiculous.
based on...............................?
And as for your claim that the AFL is more viewed because the match goes an extra 50m, as many or more viewers tune out in the last 50m.
based on..............................?
And if you look at todays mediawek How is it do you think, that they work out that Ch7 are leading the ratings for the week???? or is it a case of but, but, but,not head to head, not head to head we don't have the voice, we don't have married at first site . Not fair, not fair our shows only go half an hour. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
They dont base that analysis on raw ratings, they base it on which channel has the highest percentage of viewership over the day. And guess what, this wouldnt be based on ratings alone, it would allow for ratings over time. Here is their report:
Mediaweek
#TVratings Friday Seven #1 23.1%
7News 900/828k 9News 849/790k BetterHomes&Gardens #1000 694k ACurrentAffair 606k Endeavour 581k ABCNews 580k TheChase 557k #AFL 540k HotSeat 506k GardeningOz 459k #NRL 388k

So for yesterday 21.1% of the viewers watched ch7, which was the highest rating channel.

EXAMPLE: Imagine if ch7 showed the Aus open tennis from 7pm to midnight, and it rated an average of 1m. Ch9 had 5 programs over that time, rating 500k each. Which channel had the greater proportion of the audience? They wouldnt do what you clowns do and add ch9's 5 programs together for 2.5mil, then compare this to 1mil for channel seven. They would take into account ch7's program was over 5 hours, meaning they had 66.7% for that time compared to ch9's 33.3%.

Thanks for proving my point Pussy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Meaning the News + all its other programs gave c7 at 23.1% share of the audience .The only thing that it proves proof of is that your cracked.

If time was a factor why would the 100m Origin be the highest rating and the most viewed match this year and not a six hour test match to be seen [-(

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

•TOTAL: 986k

•National (5 city + regional): 738k

-5 City Metro: 565k

>SYD: 24k (7mate)
>MELB: 291k
>BRIS: 19k (7mate)
>ADEL: 157k
>PER: 74k (7mate)

-Regional affiliates: 173k

•Fox Footy (national): 248k

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

[-( I have never seen ratings quiet so pathetic as the AFL's were last night. [-( And this was the Friday night time slot. There night of nights. They already ban 20% of there clubs from this timeslot because of there poor ratings. Next year, 30%?, 40%?????????????????? Just 6 or 7 clubs sharing the Friday night slot :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/