The so called 'Australian' football league

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

The so called 'Australian' football league

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cyril rioli, one of the best marngrook players to ever lace up boots has left the game at 28.

Why?

Well it's primarily because Cyril was forced to live thousands of kilometres away from his hometown because the so called afl is almost entirely focussed on greed and does not support markets that have provided their stars year after year after to the game. This week the afl CEO said to Tasmania...no I don't think you deserve a team. Darwin never even gets a look in and I'll go as far to say that Darwin, whilst rugby league is very well received and participated in there, I'll go as far to say the afl pips it there.

Aboriginal Superstars to be the likes of Liam Jurrah are out there playing on dirt ovals and would have a chance to live with and near family if the afl gave a stuff and put a team in Darwin. Cyril would still be running around in the afl today if there was a Darwin team.

But no, the afl would prefer to drain 10s of millions into gws and Gold Coast than Darwin or tassie. And look at the results? Jack shit. Then you've got wellington and China :lol:

Seriously what the fukk is wrong with the afl administration???

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Re: The so called 'Australian' football league

Post by Bbear »

I have lost all respect for dil magloklin after he again made excuses to deny a state one solitary professional australian rules team. Broadcast TV money props up many AFL clubs so any excuses based on finance is a crap out.
Ten teams in one town is just extreme greed, victorian afl fans should be ashamed of themselves for protesting at past suggestions to cull some of the surplus dead wood, (takers ) . A cull would create an opportunity to build new teams in Darwin and Tasmania, ( both givers ), they ask only one team each, a very resonable request.

New York with a population of over 19 million only get three football teams !
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap
Laniger
Rookie
Rookie
Team: Crows
Been liked: 0

Post by Laniger »

Tsk.Tsk. King-E you are quite a study.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

What the hell are you on about laniger?

Rlmore crap well said son, well said indeed.

It’s a no brainer, whilst Darwin and tassie have smaller markets the league would be considerably more interesting and definitely Australian rather than the southern football league.

GWS and Gold Coast are a waste of space, I mean the experiments have failed abysmally.

GWS avg home crowd attendance over 7 years? 11,097. So far in 2018? 9085 :shock: :/;

The Gold Coast Thuns? Home crowd avg over 8 years? 14,280 so far in 2018? 13,595 :shock: :/;

I mean for fukk sake, by afl standards that’s a disgrace. Both teams are fukkin lucky afl footy fans are decent travellers. The whole experiment is an absolute shamejob. It’s likely already been 100s of millions down the fukkin Gurgler!! For what? 9000 sods walking through the gates? More than three thousand of which likely don’t even support the home team playing?

Darwin and tassie would get bigger numbers with a fraction of the population and a fraction of the need for afl millions. These dills at afl hq have to be the dumbest in world sport.

I’m dead right aren’t I. :afro: Common afl fans join me and rlcrap and say it like it is :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Bbear
Seniors
Seniors
Team: brisbane bears
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Bbear »

In these times of diversity and inclusion, magloblin is an outcast living in the fifties who's agenda is to deny a fair. go to the smaller Aussie rules markets.
I didn't want a crap name anymore !
Formally RLcrap