Shameful AFL betting scandal

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra
Been liked: 0

Shameful AFL betting scandal

Post by Raiderdave »

a shameful day in AFL history
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

COLLINGWOOD star Heath Shaw will miss the rest of the 2011 home and away season after being suspended by the AFL for betting on football.

The League made the shock announcement on Friday that Shaw had been banned for 14 matches, six of which have been suspended, for a series of beaches, including betting on his captain Nick Maxwell to kick the first goal in the team's round 10 match against Adelaide.

Maxwell, normally a defender, started the Crows clash in the forward line.

The premiership half-back will now spend the next eight weeks on the sidelines, ruling him out until the Magpies' first final.

It is the second time an AFL player has been suspended for betting on football, but the first time the bets have involved the player's own team.

Former Port Adelaide ruckman (and now coach) Matthew Primus received a two-game ban in 2010 for placing a $20 multi-bet that included a NAB Cup match between Geelong and Carlton.

A goal umpire, two interchange stewards and a timekeeper were all suspended at the same time as Primus for separate infringements, while part-time Richmond runner Justin Quill was suspended by his club for six weeks later in the same season.

In 2007 four players - Adelaide's Simon Goodwin, Melbourne's Daniel Ward, Sydney Swan Kieren Jack and North Melbourne's David Hale - were fined for betting on matches during the previous season.

Goodwin later admitted to having a serious gambling problem.

The breach is the second distraction to Collingwood's previously smooth-sailing premiership defence in as many days, following speculation over coach Mick Malthouse's future beyond this season after a Footy Show interview on Thursday night.

Shaw has been a crucial plank in the ladder leaders' close-knit backline, highlighted by his near best-on-ground, 28-disposal performance in last year's victorious Grand Final replay.

The 25 year-old finds himself in hot water for the first time since a drink-driving incident that saw him fined and suspended by the Magpies for four home and away matches plus finals in 2008.

The defender was found to be nearly three times over the legal alcohol limit when he crashed his car in Kew after a Sunday night out, with teammate Alan Didak in the passenger seat.

Both players then lied to the club about Didak's presence, denying the forward was in the car at the time of the crash.

but can someone answer me this
the NRL had theirs last year ( betting scandal) ... the Player " Ryan Tandy " has been sacked completely by his club , & won't ever play in the NRL again .. & was arrested & charged by NSW Police
he faces jail time

here we are in almost identical circumstances
the AFL gives him an " 8 week suspension " :shock:
& the Victorian Police have no intention of arresting him :roll:

oh thats right

the Vic police .. work for the AFL
corrupt to their eye balls with zero integrity the 2 organisations
a game & a culture to despise :sick:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Shameful AFL betting scandal

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
the NRL had theirs last year ( betting scandal) ... the Player " Ryan Tandy " has been sacked completely by his club , & won't ever play in the NRL again .. & was arrested & charged by NSW Police
he faces jail time
Hmm, what ever did come of the following in the NRL scandal?

Ryan Tandy was the scapegoat it seems with the NRL now in coverup mode.
The Daily Telegraph understands police have several more suspects in the rugby league world and are hopeful of laying more charges.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6015629318
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
he faces jail time

The Daily Telegraph understands police have several more suspects in the rugby league world and are hopeful of laying more charges.

hes faces court later this year .. & suspects apparently didn't mean more current NRL players , & if it did .. they'd of met the same fate , the NSW police aren't in the payroll of the NRL

tell me when is this Shaw blokes hearing ?

oh .. oh how silly of me .... he's got finals to play this year
so lets just ignore the law shall we :wink:

AFL = Kulture :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
he faces jail time

hes faces court later this year .. & suspects apparently didn't mean more current NRL players , & if it did .. they'd of met the same fate , the NSW police aren't in the payroll of the NRL
Hmm, does the Coffs Harbour NRL gang rape scandal and subsequent cover up by the NRL police that was widely reported in the press at the time ring a bell? Take the blinkers off sunshine.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Hmm, does the Coffs Harbour NRL gang rape scandal and subsequent cover up by the NRL police that was widely reported in the press at the time ring a bell? Take the blinkers off sunshine.
no it doesn't ... as it didn't happen
feel free to prove otherwise..

now I know you & your fellow boggerball fans must be highly embarrassed by your code today .. they have let you all down very badly & for those in Victoria .. well , your state is the laughing stock of the country ATM
you'd have to be a state of stunned mullets to allow this type of thing to occur ....
what am I saying .. of course you're .. brainwashed .. not stunned :wink:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Take the rose coloured glasses off for crying out loud. I'm sick of proving you wrong constantly here. How about you prove me wrong for once, yeah just once.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
Take the rose coloured glasses off for crying out loud. I'm sick of proving you wrong constantly here. How about you prove me wrong for once, yeah just once.
you're the one making the allegation about Coffs Harbour .. according to TPLG if you make the negative claim .. its up to you to do the proving

so off you go
google this scandal being covered up by the police for me .... need a shovel :wink:
Last edited by Raiderdave on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

My record of proving you wrong continously here stands. Try prove otherwise.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Beaussie wrote:
My record of proving you wrong continously here stands. Try prove otherwise.
your posts .. with only half the information & selective facts

thats your record ? 8-[

:_<> :(/

good one :_<> :(/
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

As Beau rightly said, Raider, it's up to YOU to provide proof. Show us the full facts and all the information that you say Beau isn't providing.

And if you are wondering why Heath Shaw isn't up on criminal charges, it's because he didn't break the Criminal Code. The only code he broke was the AFL Code of Conduct. Which is distinct from that idiot in New South Wales.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Spot on TLPG. Seriously, Raider is so out of his depth here today trying to compare what happened to Shaw to the disgraceful match fixing scandal in the NRL.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

I have now deleted Raider's slanderous post (and the follow ups) as he refused explain how Heath Shaw broke the criminal code and who he defrauded. He has done neither and to say otherwise is slander. He broke the code of conduct and that was all.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST