Regional Tam expands.

Discuss the footy industry, crowds, tv ratings, memberships, sponsorships and the finances of all Australian football codes and clubs
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Regional Tam expands.

Post by pussycat »

The announcement:

This Sunday, 18th June the Australian Regional television audience measurement (TAM) service will ‘go live’ with the final instalment of its 50% panel expansion.

This final expansion phase takes the Regional TAM panel to 3,198 homes from 2,135 homes and represents a significant investment by Regional TAM broadcasters, ensuring robust metrics continue to be available to the industry.

Distribution of the panel expansion homes has been spread evenly across all Regional TAM markets, including the East Coast and regional Western Australia.

Tony Hogarth, Regional TAM Chair said increasing the core measurement service has been a priority for the Board: “Regional TAM is delighted that the panel expansion process is now complete, and that through this service enhancement it will continue to deliver accurate and transparent ratings results to advertisers and their agencies.”

“At a time when digital media and their self-reported metrics and measurement are being questioned, the Regional broadcasters’ commitment and investment to improve what is already a quality measurement service, demonstrates how serious we are about providing accountable industry leading data”, said Hogarth.

The Regional TAM service provides detailed, daily viewing data of the highest integrity and is subject to stringent review, with the data independently audited by The Callaghan Institute.

Background and evolution of Regional TAM’s TV ratings service
•Nielsen is Regional TAM’s audience research supplier, recruiting, operating and maintaining the in- home panels, and producing the TV ratings data. Regional TAM owns the copyright to and Nielsen markets the data on behalf of Regional TAM.
•Households are recruited to Regional TAM’s panel via a large-scale Establishment Survey, which defines and accurately represents the population and its characteristics.
•All Regional TAM aggregate and their respective sub markets are now at the 50% increased panel size:
•Queensland 812 homes (+277 homes)
•Northern NSW 700 homes (+225 homes)
•Southern NSW 570 homes (+190 homes)
•Victoria 651 homes (+216 homes)
•Tasmania 285 homes (+95 homes)
•Western Australia 180 homes (+60 homes)
•Regional TAM first awarded the contract to supply television audience measurement services in
•Australia to the Italy-based AGB Group (now Nielsen) in 2003.
•Investment in Unitam meters allowed Regional TAM to add 7-day Time Shift Viewing data to its ratings service from the start of the 2010 ratings year. In 2016 Time Shift Viewing up to 28 days after the original broadcast was introduced.
•The TAM service has been enhanced across the period, including the introduction of ‘beep’ into Regional TAM people-meters, extension of the coverage of the Establishment Survey to include mobile phone-only homes, use of IP polling, use of IP referencing, and dual-metering of PC and TVs in a sub-sample of Regional TAM homes.

Source: Prime7
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Regional Tam expands.

Post by Fred »

Do you think that will benefit nrl or afl more? I see afl areas like vic, wa tassie and southern nsw have a large tally of houses but none added for NT and south Australia? Whereas nrl had northern nsw and northern qld with more houses.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

As you say its not introducing new regions so I cant see thing changing to much.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

good news, as long as we get the figures
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I think as the number (n) has increased ratings should be more accurate.
Veni, vidi, vici
SportFan
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by SportFan »

This is not a footy story.

And none of you even understand it.

Thread closed.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Who the fuck are you to close threads .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

SportFan wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 pm
This is not a footy story.

And none of you even understand it.

Thread closed.
Try to remember that next time you post your Tv station bullshit. Or quit calling yourself sportsfan (maybe nerd fan would be more appropriate.)

What was that bullshit you telling someone the other day? Regional Tam doesn't do demographics :(/ :(/ :(/

docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power
Been liked: 0

Post by docker24 »

Can you fools relax his/her thread closed call doesn't mean he or she was going to close it just wanting to conclude the thread with his/her post
EST. 1870
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol just lol
He can get fucked .
Just because he doesn't want to discuss a subject then it's not up to him to decide a thread is closed ...or not discussed anymore .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o