What do you call an nrl supporter in a police paddy wagon?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:
It's a shame they have decided to have their homeground at the olympic stadium site. Foolish move as you just cant call that 'west sydney'.
So exactly where is Homebush? Inner city, eastern suburbs, north shore or southern suburbs? You're an idiot and have no idea why the AFL choice was Homebush and not Blacktown. Do a little research in future stupid. :roll:
As the bird flys Homebush is about 4 km from ashfield, which is the 'inner west' or from the examples you give I guess the 'inner city. They could have atleast made it at Parramatta if not Blacktown and then I reckon they could've called it GWS.
It's anwhere from nearly 12 - 15km from Ashfield silly. Check it out on google maps. We don't fly like birds to the footy you know. And what, inner west is now inner city? #-o
King-Eliagh wrote:
And Beaussie I think you've told me before why they chose not to have the team out there :roll: So they could get south west sydney people in via train. A foolish decision if you ask me and while I hope not, it could well contribute to their down fall. Homebush is not a great place to travel for a footy game, there's nothing there but the olympic site. And it's not in the heart of west sydney so the local fans will be in direct competition with the swans. As you've said on countless occassions already, you're seriously considering switching sides when GWS comes in :lol:
So Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool, Fairfield, Bankstown etc are not considered western Sydney in your eyes. Way to go in alienating a huge market for the AFL by basing a team out a Blacktown. BTW, you do realise that Australian Football is and has long been stronger in south western Sydney than western Sydney. Thank god you have nothing to do with the decision on where to base the team. Also care to explain where the money would have come from for a redeveloped Blacktown stadium? You do know that the Sydney Showground redevelopment came about with government funding of $65 million in part because the Royal Agriculture Society supported the idea too. Your pipe dream of a stadium in Blacktown is simply unrealistic for many, many reasons. You have no idea what you're talking about.

As for Swans and Giants in direct competition, well of course they are. The Swans one must remember however, have the majority of their membership base in the eastern suburbs and north shore.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Checked it on google maps and it's 4 kilometres.

I call Campbelltown etc Southwest Sydney not west. They are completely different regions and in my opinion a long term 20year goal of three teams in Sydney would not be impossible.

The other reasons you've stated I dont disagree with but I still dont like it and think it has its flaws for the reasons I've stated. In a city which branches far and wide they have selected a location 15mins train ride from the Swans SCG.
To me this is a blunder and not working towards a long term goal of establishing themselves in the GWS region.

Time will tell.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Checked it on google maps and it's 4 kilometres.
No it's not. Why lie?

Suggested routes

1. 19 mins - Victoria Rd - 11.7 km

2. 22 mins - Lyons Rd and Victoria Rd -12.7 km

3. 22 mins - City West Link and Victoria Rd - 15.3 km

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

Well as the bird flies it is 4km. Now unless their are birds who are members of GWS or humans now have wings and can fly then this is irrelevant.