Who do you think are the 10 biggest/most popular teams in the Sydney, the melbourne & Aussie market?

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Who do you think are the 10 biggest/most popular teams in the Sydney, the melbourne & Aussie market?

Post by 214Four »

I made a comment in the membership thread on my list on most popular teams in the Sydney market and along with melbourne and Australia I thought it would be a good topic for a new thread...

You can take 'bigget/most popular' in whatever context you want (remember it's what you think are the biggest), I took it as the teams with the most supporters, who have the most attention and who generate the most interest...

So people, who do you think are the top 10 biggest clubs in the Sydney, Melbourne and Australian sporting market?

And people remember this is fight club so don't forget to heckle posts you find idiotic and from a dimension far far away (que smambot).

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Re: Who do you think are the 10 biggest/most popular teams in the Sydney, the melbourne & Aussie market?

Post by 214Four »

Here is my list for the Sydney market.

1. South sydney rabbitohs
2. Canterbury Bulldogs
3. Parramatta eels
4. Wests tigers
5. St George dragons
6. Wanderers
7. NSW warratahs
8. Cronulla sharks
9. Penrith panthers
10. Sydney swans/manly/Sydney Thunder/Sydney 6ers (could be any of them)...

The big bash is still in its infacy but with it's already huge following and growing I think both the 6ers and thunder will be the big movers up the list.

I do not know to much or if all about the melboune market and who is the big guns as I don't live there, but I would assume collingwood and Hawthorne would be safely in the top 5

For the Australian sporting market. This one is very hard but here we go
1.collingwood
2. Brisbane broncos
3. South Sydney rabbitohs
4. West coast eagles
5. Hawthorne
6. Sydney swans
7. From 7 down it's too hard to say

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Who do you think are the 10 biggest/most popular teams in the Sydney, the melbourne & Aussie market?

Post by leagueiscrap »

214Four wrote:

2. Canterbury Bulldogs
3. Parramatta eels
4. Wests tigers
5. St George dragons
6. Wanderers
7. NSW warratahs
8. Cronulla sharks
9. Penrith panthers

The big bash is still in its infacy but with it's already huge following and growing I think both the 6ers and thunder will be the big movers up the list.

I do not know to much or if all about the melboune market and who is the big guns as I don't live there, but I would assume collingwood and Hawthorne would be safely in the top 5

1.collingwood
2. Brisbane broncos
4. West coast eagles
5. Hawthorne
6. Sydney swans
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
NFI
at what point will you flogs ralise the NRLOL teams are irrlevant minnows! go read some annual reports, look and compare stats!
the only NRLOL club that hasnt got a pathetic minnow fan base, backed up by revenue, crowds, merchandise etc are the newscorp broncos! they they have the whole city of brisbane & newscorp whorethem out like no tomorrow
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

It is a hard one as we tend to view from our own narrow point of view and from where we live. Having lived now in. Gold Coast for 6 years my view is different now re national however biased naturally as to what i follow and where my attention is drawn to. I will leave out the soo teams as they only play 3 a year but as an event it is the biggest thing.

So for south east qld

Broncos
Nq cowboys
Roar and lions (depends if either are winning)
suns (would swap with lions if just gold coast)
Titans
Take your pick after that i guess but any rl club in nrl.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

It is a hard one as we tend to view from our own narrow point of view and from where we live. Having lived now in. Gold Coast for 6 years my view is different now re national however biased naturally as to what i follow and where my attention is drawn to. I will leave out the soo teams as they only play 3 a year but as an event it is the biggest thing.

So for south east qld

Broncos
Nq cowboys
Titans
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Remiss of ne not to add reds altgough i hear little of them. Put them at three
Veni, vidi, vici
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

214Four wrote:

2. Canterbury Bulldogs
3. Parramatta eels
4. Wests tigers
5. St George dragons
6. Wanderers
7. NSW warratahs
8. Cronulla sharks
9. Penrith panthers

1.collingwood
2. Brisbane broncos
4. West coast eagles
5. Hawthorne
6. Sydney swans
you obviously pay no respect to crowds memberships or revenue. As for the AFL, the Adelaide Crows, Essendon, Richmond and even Carlton would feature in the top 10
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Fred wrote:

So for south east qld

Broncos
Nq cowboys
Titans
Yet when the Titans came in and had a good team before all the shit happened they were averaging over 20k, yet you say they are irrelevant. Your agenda against the Titans stands out like DOGS balls you fraud. The Suns have never ever had any support like that at the fucking ground or on TVC yet you have teams in QLD more popular?

The titans are outrated ONLY by the Broncos and Cowboys atm, when they had a decent team, their ratings were way higher than the Cowboys and so was the Average crowd.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Fred wrote:

So for south east qld

Broncos
Nq cowboys
Titans
Yet when the Titans came in and had a good team before all the shit happened they were averaging over 20k, yet you say they are irrelevant. Your agenda against the Titans stands out like DOGS balls you fraud. The Suns have never ever had any support like that at the fucking ground or on TVC yet you have teams in QLD more popular?

The titans are outrated ONLY by the Broncos and Cowboys atm, when they had a decent team, their ratings were way higher than the Cowboys and so was the Average crowd.
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: \
start showing some stats not what you just think :thumbleft:
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Well i did say from my point of view and did qualify my opinions as biased.

On the gold coast i just do not see the titans much. Interest (media coverage, tv papers etc) has dropped off for the suns too the past two years. I would put them at a par however that is not to say rl does not rule, the difficulty is that many locals follow their nrl that is not the titans wheread from whay i have observed many afl people who havr another team all havr the suns as their second side generally and are quite passionate about getting behind them as want to ser afl do well. Being an rl area already therr does not seem to be the same passion for the titans. If they stay or go it will still be a rl area.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

You are also seeing a lot of kids playing afl having the suns as their team. They will become adults.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol remember the article from last yr
The Titans had on average 80 k more viewers in SEQ per match than the Suns .

Shows which is more popular
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

May be correct. All i can say is it is from my point of view of what i experience dailly. I flip past news items on rl, watch my son play afl, and watch afl on tv. Their is no doubt that rl is more popular but titans ?? I watched north and richmond on friday night yet they are not my club for instance.
Veni, vidi, vici
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

My apologies
I was wrong
I stated SEQ

It wasn't
It was on the GC

But fresh viewership data shows the NRL has swamped the rival codes in Queensland, leveraging the tidal wave of interest created by the Broncos and Cowboys’ historic grand-final showdown in October.

In a remarkable sign of rugby league’s popularity, almost 49 million fans watched the Broncos, Cowboys and Titans on free-to-air and pay TV broadcasts last season.

Incredibly, the Broncos accounted for half the viewership with a record 24.8 million figure. Their rivals in three other codes — rugby’s Reds, football’s Roar and AFL’s Suns and Lions — totalled 15,234,000 collectively, underlining the pulling power of the Broncos for TV network bosses.

The Broncos’ proliferation of free-to-air games on Channel Nine gives the club a distinct broadcasting advantage.

But their home gates have also soared to an average of 36,097, dwarfing NRL premiers the Cowboys (16,649), while the Reds’ mark has dropped to 21,780, a 36 per cent plunge.

Brisbane chief executive Paul White lauded Brisbane’s viewership strength as the club looks to continue its market dominance by breaking a 10-year title drought next season.

“We’ve set a benchmark and we don’t want to go backwards,” White said.

“Our crowds are getting more and more vocal and embracing game day. I know our players appreciate the support for the club and we want to build on that next year.”

It is a measure of rugby league’s strength in Queensland that even the lowly Titans, a club so strife-torn the NRL took over their licence in February, had greater TV appeal than the Reds.

The Titans attracted 7.7 million viewers, almost six million more than the Reds (1.85m).

In the key Gold Coast market, they out-rated AFL’s Suns by an average 80,273 viewers per game.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...story-comments

An excerpt from a Peter Badel story in the CM
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Given gc is traditional rl heartland i would have thought it to be much more.. Particularly given games are shown on the main channel when telecast. Also, as i mentioned, this is rl heartland and people will watch the game regardless of who is playing. So you would expect it to rate more than the suns. More than it did actually. But the titans are on the nose for a while now .... Suns have been heading diwnward too lasy two years as well. Crowds are similar i think and not sure membership. The bulletin here is about even although they are involved with the suns i think. Anyway... If either start winning you will see their stocks rise.
Veni, vidi, vici