Fight Club - Football Club Memberships

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers
Been liked: 0

Re: Fight Club - Memberships

Post by 214Four »

^^Why did you just waste me time by quoting my comment and then respond with clueless dribble?
Next time just use arrows ( ^^ ) or just bold my username when responding to what I comment on so that I don't get a notification and this time wasting experience is not repeated in the future ok.
cheers mate :)

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

214Four wrote:
^^Why did you just waste me time by quoting my comment and then respond with clueless dribble?
Next time just use arrows ( ^^ ) or just bold my username when responding to what I comment on so that I don't get a notification and this time wasting experience is not repeated in the future ok.
cheers mate :)
lol go and read the annual reports and look at the statistics it might give you some friggen idea!

oh wait your a league fan! just what ever dribble that comes up in your head, you believe and run with it
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Yeah an idea, the crowds and ratings being very similar you dork. No one is interested outside the ones watching.

Why the fuck can't you see that?

Oh that's right, you live in another state and have no idea besides some stupid little numbers you see that you can use as propaganda and twist.

Oh and the soccah fan, every NRL club in Sydney are more popular than WSW, when a team has good success like that mob, they all average higher crowds than the WSW and the ratings make the swans look GIGANTIC against the WSW, so wtf do they look like against the NRL?

That's the truth, the Swans are behind all the NRL clubs too but they are bigger than WSW.

The truth also is every afl club is bigger than all others in Vic, it not new, it's fucking history that has gone on for 160 bloody years, the same as in Sydney with RL, they have ruled for 108 years.

You may see a team struggling down the bottom with 13k average and say, that's shit compared to afl down in vic, it might bloodywell be, but in Sydney, it is not, and they have another 12 clubs to contend with just like Victoria.

These soccer fans are ********, I know the afl fans pretend a lot for shits and giggles and a few really do think afl in Sydney is huge and the biggest club is afls swans, they are mad too. But for soccer fans to even suggest any of their clubs are in the race is bordering mythical proportions, they literally get 14k in a stadium and say it's a sell out and the ratings with two TV stations showing whichever game can't even crack 100k NATION WIDE MOST of the times and they think they have some of the biggest clubs?

Fuck me dead.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Yeah an idea, the crowds and ratings being very similar you dork. No one is interested outside the ones watching.

Oh that's right, you live in another state and have no idea besides some stupid little numbers you see that you can use as propaganda and twist.

Oh and the soccah fan, every NRL club in Sydney are more popular than WSW, when a team has good success like that mob, they all average higher crowds than the WSW and the ratings make the swans look GIGANTIC against the WSW, so wtf do they look like against the NRL?

That's the truth, the Swans are behind all the NRL clubs too but they are bigger than WSW.

The truth also is every afl club is bigger than all others in Vic, it not new, it's fucking history that has gone on for 160 bloody years, the same as in Sydney with RL, they have ruled for 108 years.

You may see a team struggling down the bottom with 13k average and say, that's shit compared to afl down in vic, it might bloodywell be, but in Sydney, it is not, and they have another 12 clubs to contend with just like Victoria.

These soccer fans are ********, I know the afl fans pretend a lot for shits and giggles and a few really do think afl in Sydney is huge and the biggest club is afls swans, they are mad too. But for soccer fans to even suggest any of their clubs are in the race is bordering mythical proportions, they literally get 14k in a stadium and say it's a sell out and the ratings with two TV stations showing whichever game can't even crack 100k NATION WIDE MOST of the times and they think they have some of the biggest clubs?

Fuck me dead.
lol look at the statastics, flog, all you idiots go on is an inaccurate ratings system!
you ignore every other stat, merchandise sole, crowds, revenue, sponsorship dollars that sponsors pay, memberships figure!

all you do is rant and rave & what ever dribble you come up with you just run with it!!

your NRLOL clubs are irrelevant minnows! based on statistics not what you think! they may have been around for a century and have built a small supporter base over time but it doesnt mean they are bigger than any of the newer clubs that have been formed afterwards
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol .what a rant .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

214Four wrote:
like I mentioned earlier a fair chunk of GWS memberships here in western syd (so I assume the ACT would be the same) are handed out to those in afl comps, not saying that's a bad thing at all it's actually a good thing. When my son joined a jnr club in western syd and recieved one as part of his very cheap $80 registration impressed me, but other than going to the games where he is involved at half time we won't really use it.

docker24 mentioned how GWS's member number is higher than their crowds [on TV stadium looks around 30% full) and their tv viewers (which I think is around 15-20K in Sydney), let's not kid ourselves (coff coff all you afl guys bar docker it seems) here in NSW, here in Sydney club membership is in no way an indicator of a clubs level of popularity in the Sydney market, the swans's with 50K members have the most in the sydny market but in no way are the most popular/number one club in Sydney, I'd maybe (a very big maybe) have them in the top 10, and WSW for sure would be higher than their membership suggets.

GWS with its 12K members is higher than some Sydney NRL clubs, some NRL people in here try to say 'yeah but only 3000 is from Western Sydney' I don't buy into that tho because it shouldn't matter where a person lives if they have a connection to a club strong enough to go out of their way to purchase a membership. membership numbers for gws and the Swans are boosted by membership handouts given to juniors / auskicks and in sponsorship deals (look it up and I must inc ALL the big AFL clubs in melb admit to doing it too).

swans replied to my earlier post by saying it proves the AFL is growing in Sydney's west, again let's try to be real here. The AFL (it's organisers) are doing a great job here, it has a very good reputation for professionalism but with a feel that each individual is important, the other codes (specially football/soccer need to look at how the afl does this), but in the context of growth of the game, it's not growing in the numbers the afl predicted before GWS and would of hoped for with the amount of money spent. Probably the biggest misconception/lie thrown out there is that AFL is a new product here in western Sydney, the game has been here (clubs and comps) for a VERY long time, the assumption it will take a generation for its popularity to grow is flawed.

GWS are not a very popular team in Sydney, and even though they have been winning this hasent changed, what the club should be proud of though is that it's building respect here, which is remarkable considering how bad the clubs brand was viewed in their early days because of how the AFL and GWS desired to come into the Sydney market with a disrespectful & arrogant approach, it's been taking a few years but the new coach and the teams attitude throughout is starting to erode the demons of the clubs past. GWS is doing alright and even though the formation of the club canabalised some of the swans supporters, the Sydney market is big enough for them but they will always just have a neiche followin in Sydney, when the AFL realises this or as long as the AFL realises this then both clubs should be viable.

Not saying this just for the sake of fightclub, but as my honest opinion as a sydney(Western sydney resident all my life) but here is my list of the biggest clubs/most popular clubs in the Sydney market.

1. South sydney rabbitohs
2. Canterbury Bulldogs
3. Parramatta eels
4. Wests tigers
5. St George dragons
6. Wanderers
7. NSW warratahs
8. Cronulla sharks
9. Penrith panthers
10. Sydney swans/manly/Sydney FC (could be any of them)...

Lol perhaps we should have a thread asking what people think are the biggest in Sydney?..
Yeah but this thread isn't about popularity - and while where at it - popularity can't just be measured by tv ratings for many reason but I won't digress - as for being the biggest you can have as many tv viewers as you like but if it don't translate into crowds, memberships, sponsorships and revenue than it means nothing - Swans are the biggest in Sydney BECAUSE they tick all 4 of those boxes and not some medium that can't be quantified or qualified!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Fuck me dead.
Yet their more successful in
crowds - more than double eels crowds -
revenue - more than double -
sponsorship - more than double
Members - almost triple

Yeah let's focus on only ONE KPI the one you want to use the one which you can't break down into supporters the one we have the least info on. Pathetic Para!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

What fucking rot.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
What fucking rot.
Then by all means show me I'm wrong break down those tv ratings into fans - common but make sure you can prove it with references!
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Swans 53,139 members!!!!!!!
GWS 12981!!!!

That's 66,000 AFL members for NSW clubs or the equivalent of the bottom 5 NRL clubs!!!!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

That's more than their combined TV ratings and actual ground support each week.

Bahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh fuck swines, just stop it.
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Lol give it up thickshit no1 your eels are irrelevant minnows :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:

Yeah because I forgot your only interested in tv ratings - answer this Para do you get anoyed that so many people free load off your sport? That they don't go to games, buy memberships or support their clubs - but are only interested in seeing something for free???
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

There's no one at the giants either, so they have no tv ratings and no crowds, that's nothing dopey.

NOTHING.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

GWS now have over 13,000 members and are on track for 15,000 this season. Way to go Giants :thumbleft:

http://m.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2016-06- ... -milestone