Fight Club - Football Club Memberships

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: Fight Club - Memberships

Post by Swans4ever »

Swans membership now at 52603, GWS 12843!

South Syd - 32539
Para - 21948

Gold Coast - 9048
Newcastle - 11849
Easts - 12,000
Cronulla - 12,713

Wow that's 4 NRL sides in heartland areas that GWS have more members than!!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Swans4ever wrote:
Swans membership now at 52603, GWS 12843!

South Syd - 32539
Para - 21948

Gold Coast - 9048
Newcastle - 11849
Easts - 12,000
Cronulla - 12,713

Wow that's 4 NRL sides in heartland areas that GWS have more members than!!
Wow way to go Swans and Giants. =D>
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
Yes a long way to go
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol
Yes a long way to go
Hahaha jealousy they colour is green :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Not jealous at all .

Memberships are relatively new in RL compared to Aflol
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Not jealous at all .

Yeah relatively 20 yrs old, how many years before this excuse expires?
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Swans4ever wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Not jealous at all .

Yeah relatively 20 yrs old, how many years before this excuse expires?
they will be using that and the SL wars for the next 50 years to explain why the AFL keeps running ahead of the NRLOL
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Swans now at 52759, GWS 12796.
Souths 32953
Eels 21948

Manly 12874
Cronulla 12713
Easts 12000
Newcastle 11819
Titans 9078

Swans almost the the same members as Sydney's 2 biggest clubs GWS more members than 5 NRL clubs!!! Wow just wow!
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

They sold 300 odd while you were posting :roll:
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power

Post by docker24 »

GWS 12k members now? More then their TV ratings lol, apparently some members not only don't go to their games but not watch on TV too. True members.

Correct me if iam wrong, but is that what I see lol
EST. 1870
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
They sold 300 odd while you were posting :roll:
That was LU club membership tracker.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

docker24 wrote:
GWS 12k members now? More then their TV ratings lol, apparently some members not only don't go to their games but not watch on TV too. True members.

Correct me if iam wrong, but is that what I see lol
They would have members from areas not just in Western Sydney - Canberra, Wagga Wagga, Riverina etc - places where they may not attend every match so more than likely 3 game memberships - no surprise really.
214Four
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Wests Tigers - Balmain - Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by 214Four »

like I mentioned earlier a fair chunk of GWS memberships here in western syd (so I assume the ACT would be the same) are handed out to those in afl comps, not saying that's a bad thing at all it's actually a good thing. When my son joined a jnr club in western syd and recieved one as part of his very cheap $80 registration impressed me, but other than going to the games where he is involved at half time we won't really use it.

docker24 mentioned how GWS's member number is higher than their crowds [on TV stadium looks around 30% full) and their tv viewers (which I think is around 15-20K in Sydney), let's not kid ourselves (coff coff all you afl guys bar docker it seems) here in NSW, here in Sydney club membership is in no way an indicator of a clubs level of popularity in the Sydney market, the swans's with 50K members have the most in the sydny market but in no way are the most popular/number one club in Sydney, I'd maybe (a very big maybe) have them in the top 10, and WSW for sure would be higher than their membership suggets.

GWS with its 12K members is higher than some Sydney NRL clubs, some NRL people in here try to say 'yeah but only 3000 is from Western Sydney' I don't buy into that tho because it shouldn't matter where a person lives if they have a connection to a club strong enough to go out of their way to purchase a membership. membership numbers for gws and the Swans are boosted by membership handouts given to juniors / auskicks and in sponsorship deals (look it up and I must inc ALL the big AFL clubs in melb admit to doing it too).

swans replied to my earlier post by saying it proves the AFL is growing in Sydney's west, again let's try to be real here. The AFL (it's organisers) are doing a great job here, it has a very good reputation for professionalism but with a feel that each individual is important, the other codes (specially football/soccer need to look at how the afl does this), but in the context of growth of the game, it's not growing in the numbers the afl predicted before GWS and would of hoped for with the amount of money spent. Probably the biggest misconception/lie thrown out there is that AFL is a new product here in western Sydney, the game has been here (clubs and comps) for a VERY long time, the assumption it will take a generation for its popularity to grow is flawed.

GWS are not a very popular team in Sydney, and even though they have been winning this hasent changed, what the club should be proud of though is that it's building respect here, which is remarkable considering how bad the clubs brand was viewed in their early days because of how the AFL and GWS desired to come into the Sydney market with a disrespectful & arrogant approach, it's been taking a few years but the new coach and the teams attitude throughout is starting to erode the demons of the clubs past. GWS is doing alright and even though the formation of the club canabalised some of the swans supporters, the Sydney market is big enough for them but they will always just have a neiche followin in Sydney, when the AFL realises this or as long as the AFL realises this then both clubs should be viable.

Not saying this just for the sake of fightclub, but as my honest opinion as a sydney(Western sydney resident all my life) but here is my list of the biggest clubs/most popular clubs in the Sydney market.

1. South sydney rabbitohs
2. Canterbury Bulldogs
3. Parramatta eels
4. Wests tigers
5. St George dragons
6. Wanderers
7. NSW warratahs
8. Cronulla sharks
9. Penrith panthers
10. Sydney swans/manly/Sydney FC (could be any of them)...

Lol perhaps we should have a thread asking what people think are the biggest in Sydney?..

"Wearing tight shorts is a bootable offense!"
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

214Four wrote:
like I mentioned earlier a fair chunk of GWS memberships here in western syd (so I assume the ACT would be the same) are handed out to those in afl comps, not saying that's a bad thing at all it's actually a good thing. When my son joined a jnr club in western syd and recieved one as part of his very cheap $80 registration impressed me, but other than going to the games where he is involved at half time we won't really use it.

docker24 mentioned how GWS's member number is higher than their crowds [on TV stadium looks around 30% full) and their tv viewers (which I think is around 15-20K in Sydney), let's not kid ourselves (coff coff all you afl guys bar docker it seems) here in NSW, here in Sydney club membership is in no way an indicator of a clubs level of popularity in the Sydney market, the swans's with 50K members have the most in the sydny market but in no way are the most popular/number one club in Sydney, I'd maybe (a very big maybe) have them in the top 10, and WSW for sure would be higher than their membership suggets.

GWS with its 12K members is higher than some Sydney NRL clubs, some NRL people in here try to say 'yeah but only 3000 is from Western Sydney' I don't buy into that tho because it shouldn't matter where a person lives if they have a connection to a club strong enough to go out of their way to purchase a membership. membership numbers for gws and the Swans are boosted by membership handouts given to juniors / auskicks and in sponsorship deals (look it up and I must inc ALL the big AFL clubs in melb admit to doing it too).

swans replied to my earlier post by saying it proves the AFL is growing in Sydney's west, again let's try to be real here. The AFL (it's organisers) are doing a great job here, it has a very good reputation for professionalism but with a feel that each individual is important, the other codes (specially football/soccer need to look at how the afl does this), but in the context of growth of the game, it's not growing in the numbers the afl predicted before GWS and would of hoped for with the amount of money spent. Probably the biggest misconception/lie thrown out there is that AFL is a new product here in western Sydney, the game has been here (clubs and comps) for a VERY long time, the assumption it will take a generation for its popularity to grow is flawed.

GWS are not a very popular team in Sydney, and even though they have been winning this hasent changed, what the club should be proud of though is that it's building respect here, which is remarkable considering how bad the clubs brand was viewed in their early days because of how the AFL and GWS desired to come into the Sydney market with a disrespectful & arrogant approach, it's been taking a few years but the new coach and the teams attitude throughout is starting to erode the demons of the clubs past. GWS is doing alright and even though the formation of the club canabalised some of the swans supporters, the Sydney market is big enough for them but they will always just have a neiche followin in Sydney, when the AFL realises this or as long as the AFL realises this then both clubs should be viable.

Not saying this just for the sake of fightclub, but as my honest opinion as a sydney(Western sydney resident all my life) but here is my list of the biggest clubs/most popular clubs in the Sydney market.

1. South sydney rabbitohs
2. Canterbury Bulldogs
3. Parramatta eels
4. Wests tigers
5. St George dragons
6. Wanderers
7. NSW warratahs
8. Cronulla sharks
9. Penrith panthers
10. Sydney swans/manly/Sydney FC (could be any of them)...

Lol perhaps we should have a thread asking what people think are the biggest in Sydney?..
LOL easily the swans,

crowds, memberships, football related revenue, merchandise, sponsorship, are all decades ahead of all of the NSW NRLOL clubs!
on so many different levels they are ahead!, yet all there is but buts as to why they arnt from your lot :thumbleft:

even more amusing that its classed as NRLOL heart land and most of those NRLOL teams have been around decades longer than the Swans have in Sydney!
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.