KE Reprting live from the U S of A

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

KE Reprting live from the U S of A

Post by King-Eliagh »

Girls .... Girls girls,...And our many male and female rugby league supporters,

Yep it's me inaugural member KE reporting live from a sports bar in downtown Denver. :\:

I'm on leisure in this country for the next few weeks and have already been thru San Fran, fantastic city btw. I'll be cruising thru the south west of the nation for the next three weeks finishing up in San Fran again and I thought I'd open up a thread just for you guys. I thought wouldn't it be grand to get a feel for what Americans think and know of Australia's most popular sport, rugby league, and the many other sports we play like afl and I tripped over and am now crying like a baby ball or soccer as it is often called.

So folks I'll report back here the perceptions of the American public on these things so stay tuned! And please, please put any questions you'd like me to ask the Americans here in this thread and I'll do my darnedest to ask em for ya! ;) :cheers:

And please don't thank me for my research guys. It's a service I give with pleasure....you're welcome. :D

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Re: KE Reprting live from the U S of A

Post by leagueiscrap »

Lol eliagh has turned his basement in to Denver
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
At least it hasn't got bars on the windows like your home .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (22.55 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Intentcity wrote:
And we're supposed to give a fuck because?
yeah why? we already new Rugby League was Australia's most popular sport. Having more viewers is a dead set give away. Though I would be very interested to get an Americans point of view.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote:
Intentcity wrote:
And we're supposed to give a fuck because?
yeah why? we already new Rugby League was Australia's most popular sport. Having more viewers is a dead set give away. Though I would be very interested to get an Americans point of view.
Yawn
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
docker24
Captain
Captain
Team: Port Adelaide Power

Post by docker24 »

King-Eliagh wrote:

Yep it's me inaugural member KE reporting live from a sports bar in downtown Denver. :\:

I'm on leisure in this country for the next few weeks and have already been thru San Fran, fantastic city btw. I'll be cruising thru the south west of the nation for the next three weeks finishing up in San Fran again and I thought I'd open up a thread just for you guys. I thought wouldn't it be grand to get a feel for what Americans think and know of Australia's most popular sport, rugby league, and the many other sports we play like afl and I tripped over and am now crying like a baby ball or soccer as it is often called.

So folks I'll report back here the perceptions of the American public on these things so stay tuned! And please, please put any questions you'd like me to ask the Americans here in this thread and I'll do my darnedest to ask em for ya! ;) :cheers:

And please don't thank me for my research guys. It's a service I give with pleasure....you're welcome. :D
Lol'd
EST. 1870
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
lol im sure you have plenty of stories from your time in the nut house spazza :thumbleft:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

King-Eliagh wrote:

its amazing a few things you tube and google can teach you eliagh!

your experience in traveling in reality is summed up by the quote that xman has on all of his posts
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania. :wave:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Wow. The awful odour of jealousy is stenching amongst our afl lasses here.

Please guys, find it in your hearts to be happy for me and others sometime :) I promise you guys, you'll feel better for it :)))

So last night I watched the Denver Nuggets take on Sacramento in the nba. Only 12 rows back from court side!!. Twas bloody awesome! The folks next to me asked what sports are big in aus. I informed them that rugby league is the number one Sport in the nation but that we also play a game some people call afl. One said "oh yeah I e heard of rugby league but afl? What's that stand for?" I told them and their response was sweetly amusing :lol: "are you kidding me, that's the name of the league right, that doesn't sound like a sport :? I just laughed and said yeah I gotta be honest with yas unfortunately that code and the people that follow and organise It kinda follow the stereotype that Australians are an uneducated backward and racist nation.

Now please folks, let's have civilised discussion rather than the jealous waffle some of you have produced thus far. Ok? Thanks :o

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

leagueiscrap wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
leagueiscrap wrote:
lol im sure you have plenty of stories from your time in the nut house spazza :thumbleft:
Nurse . Nurse!
NURSE!

🤣
Xman wrote
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

leagueiscrap wrote:
King-Eliagh wrote:

its amazing a few things you tube and google can teach you eliagh!

your experience in traveling in reality is summed up by the quote that xman has on all of his posts
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania. :wave:
Hi KE, is there any truth in the rumour that you've been screwing Leageiscrap's special needs nurse?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

Hey KE do they still have bubba gumps down at the wharf?
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

KE
Enjoy your trip mate .
See if anyone over there has heard of the Melb Storm poke poke leagues club .
Because no one over here has.
Well not no one . Just one special needs person .

🤣
Xman wrote
Pete_09
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Brisbane Lions

Post by Pete_09 »

King u should tell all the Yanks that we have a sport of our own (exactly the way they do with Gridiron) which is loved by most of the country just like American Football is over there where we got massive crowds of 80,000 + to some games & average 35,000.

I am pretty sure they will be more interested in that than Thugby which Im pretty sure is played there & about as popular as it is in all the Southern States here.

Thanks King, well done mate
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

Pete_09 wrote:
King u should tell all the Yanks that we have a sport of our own (exactly the way they do with Gridiron) which is loved by most of the country just like American Football is over there where we got massive crowds of 80,000 + to some games & average 35,000.

I am pretty sure they will be more interested in that than Thugby which Im pretty sure is played there & about as popular as it is in all the Southern States here.

Thanks King, well done mate
Loved by most of the country?

Get your hand off of it, it makes no impact in NSW or Queensland, it is watched at most by 2.6 million odd people on Grand Final Day (ie the super bowl day) out of 23 million people.

It is played by less kids than play a musical instrument, and less adults than netball, golf, tennis etc etc

By your reasoning, it is Netball that is loved by our nation.

Talk about delusions of Grandeur

In the US over1/3 of the population watch the super bowl, when you get to about 8 million then you might be able to compare.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined