Rugby league the 3rd ranked sport in the world!

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Rugby league the 3rd ranked sport in the world!

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

Catalans Dragons are a fully pro French side playing out of Perpignan in France in the European Super League.

Toulouse Olympique have just left the local French comp (will be replaced by the towns second Toulouse side Toulouse JJ or better known as the Broncos from the lower division) but the problem for Toulouse is they will be going from the top tier in France where they rule the roost with a salary cap no one else can get near to the 3rd tier of the English Rugby League championship 1 where they have to drop well over 1 million just in the cap so they can squeeze in in the hope they still will have the firepower to win and gain promotion to the 2nd tier just below Super League where they will have to do it all over again.

So yes, they have professional over in France, some clubs run a cap of half a million Euro while others are in the millions, you spend what you can it seems over there, or you can spend half of what you make, so if you are a big city team, you have an advantage from the start.

So if Toulouse want to become as you would say Full Professional, they will have to fight for that right over the next 3 years, but you can see they are there as well as a new team from Canada plus another two teams from France that have shown massive interest in joining the English system to gain promotion to the European Super, they being Sporting Olympique Avignon XIII and Cathare Rugby XIII which will be a merger of 3 teams in a regional area joining together to form some sort of regional super club just like the Catalans Dragons did prior to SL when 3 local Perpignan teams merged.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
yet way smaller than the AFL in Australia, RL's biggest nation
I would have thought the sport with the most viewers was the most popular sport. While membership numbers might give you a nice fuzzy feeling how do they actually help? ours were up 12% by the way, yours?
Well as Ive explained to you on numerous occasions, viewers doesnt always equate to popularity. Otherwise the Olympics, tennis and soccer are Australias most popular sports

Simply, ratings take too many other factors into account to be used as an accurate gauge of popularity. Even simple things like the time a program is shown, or the program length sway ratings enormously
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
post_hoc
Coach
Coach
Team: Western Sydney Wanderers

Post by post_hoc »

What does that matter? I would argue League 1 and 2 in the UK are professional clubs, but have very low player expenses.

Might be hard for you to understand, but professionalism is not solely about the size of the pay packet. AFL players are highly over paid considering their influence.
Football in NSW
- Football 200,868
- AFL NSW/ACT 28,468
- Rugby League 96,041
- Rugby Union 40,685
Football has 22% more players than the other football codes combined
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Australia , New Zealand, France, England.

And, I couldn't say for sure but I would say the PNG team that plays in the Qld cup. The cap would be much smaller but there wage would be a lot more than then they can make back home.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

Intentcity wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
Catalans Dragons are a fully pro French side playing out of Perpignan in France in the European Super League.

Toulouse Olympique have just left the local French comp (will be replaced by the towns second Toulouse side Toulouse JJ or better known as the Broncos from the lower division) but the problem for Toulouse is they will be going from the top tier in France where they rule the roost with a salary cap no one else can get near to the 3rd tier of the English Rugby League championship 1 where they have to drop well over 1 million just in the cap so they can squeeze in in the hope they still will have the firepower to win and gain promotion to the 2nd tier just below Super League where they will have to do it all over again.

So yes, they have professional over in France, some clubs run a cap of half a million Euro while others are in the millions, you spend what you can it seems over there, or you can spend half of what you make, so if you are a big city team, you have an advantage from the start.

So if Toulouse want to become as you would say Full Professional, they will have to fight for that right over the next 3 years, but you can see they are there as well as a new team from Canada plus another two teams from France that have shown massive interest in joining the English system to gain promotion to the European Super, they being Sporting Olympique Avignon XIII and Cathare Rugby XIII which will be a merger of 3 teams in a regional area joining together to form some sort of regional super club just like the Catalans Dragons did prior to SL when 3 local Perpignan teams merged.
But surely if some clubs only have a cap of half a million Euros how can it be a professional club? Could the lowest paid player at that club live off that wage alone?
the oxygen bottles have enough trouble dealing with daily life of reality! so how will they have the understanding of what professional and semi professional is. so just say
the money is more or less than what their disability pension is and with out the government assistance of a special needs nurse!
that might be more at their level
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Intentcity wrote:
How the fuck is it rated the 3rd best sport in the world? Roy's brain doesn't represent the world.
Follow the link, its the ABC site and Caroline Wilson doesn't disagree when he says it.

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

ParraEelsNRL wrote:
He's been told a thousand fucking times about where the game is played, I still have one of his stupid statements in my sig, yet the dumb merkin continually posts the same fucking lies.

I mean, he see's it every time he reads one of my posts for fucks sake, you'd think it'd get thru eventually.
do you know what the fucken term professional is thickshit no1!
its when the all the players earn their living from just playing league line in the NRLOL!
not have other jobs to help pay the bills or in your case do not receive centerlink.

please save us tax payers some money and stop breathing!
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans

Post by Swans4ever »

pussycat wrote:
Australia , New Zealand, France, England.

And, I couldn't say for sure but I would say the PNG team that plays in the Qld cup. The cap would be much smaller but there wage would be a lot more than then they can make back home.
You live in la la land
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

Intentcity wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Intentcity wrote:
How the fuck is it rated the 3rd best sport in the world? Roy's brain doesn't represent the world.
Follow the link, its the ABC site and Caroline Wilson doesn't disagree when he says it.
So the only source available is Roy Masters? Kden
Roy is a bitter old twit due for a nursing home
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Australia, England, New Zealand & France all have professional teams.

As for PNG, in 2010 there average annual salary was $1, 400. So its more than possible. So what is your problem sarge?

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Poor old dumbo .
The ESL is a fully pro comp .
You lied .
Just like the last time & the time before that .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote:
Australia, England, New Zealand & France all have professional teams.

As for PNG, in 2010 there average annual salary was $1, 400. So its more than possible. So what is your problem sarge?
professional leagues i said pissy cat!
the union has professional leagues all over the world. League is a dumbed down version of Rugby and rides off its popularity, why arnt their more fully professional leagues? Rugby has been around for centuries
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Why are you avoiding my post dumbo .
You posted the same crap which was 100% bullshit yet now shown up for the lying flog you are ....you won't discuss it .
Lol grow a set you metho soaked bitch
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
leagueiscrap
Banned

Post by leagueiscrap »

pussycat wrote:
What you say might be true Wookie. But viewers are the one true measure. sponsors will want to be associated with the code that attracts more watchers in Australia, has Australia's number one sporting event and is the third ranked sport in the world. Perceptions will change.
thats why the AFL get the big bucks in the sponsorship dollars :\:
AFL excess of $50m
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
pusseycat replys
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

leagueiscrap wrote:
ParraEelsNRL wrote:
He's been told a thousand fucking times about where the game is played, I still have one of his stupid statements in my sig, yet the dumb merkin continually posts the same fucking lies.

I mean, he see's it every time he reads one of my posts for fucks sake, you'd think it'd get thru eventually.
do you know what the fucken term professional is thickshit no1!
its when the all the players earn their living from just playing league line in the NRLOL!
not have other jobs to help pay the bills or in your case do not receive centerlink.

please save us tax payers some money and stop breathing!
And what the fuck do you think Les Catalans are you dopey fucking ****?
Can't you fucking read?

Dumb merkin.
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.