The passion of AFL fans is unmatched anywhere in the world

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

The passion of AFL fans is unmatched anywhere in the world

Post by Beaussie »

Yep, biggest crowds, membership numbers, sponsorship dollars and tv rights. The passion of the fans is unmatched by any sport in the world. Well done Australia. =D> =D> =D>

Australian Football = Australia's Game :thumbleft:
Josh Jenkins: The passion of AFL fans is unmatched anywhere in the world
May 7, 2015 7:06pm
JOSH JENKINS
The Advertiser

SPORT brings out people’s emotion as much as anything in life.

The passion AFL fans have for their teams is unmatched anywhere around the world — they will be there for their team, rain hail or shine.

This was never more evident than on Saturday when a few thousand Western Bulldogs fans braved the wintry weather to witness one of the Dogs’ greatest victories of the modern era.

Six days earlier, the Bulldogs’ young brigade dominated us and ignited a flurry of talk of how much coach Luke Beverage had improved the club.

At the SCG, in conditions suited to Sydney’s finals-hardened bodies, the young Dogs again gave every inch of themselves to secure a win for the ages.

Immediately after the match, an emotional Robert Murphy stated the win over the Swans was the best he had been involved in.

That stands for a lot considering the years of finals appearances Murphy was involved in when the Dogs were oh, so close to reaching a grand final.

Murphy was visibly emotional during the post-game chat. He held back any tears but they weren’t too far away — and rightly so.

Many had bludgeoned the Bulldogs for being in disarray — they had a sacked coach and departed captain — but Beverage and Murphy had other ideas and the performance at the SCG was mesmerising.

Players across the league took to social media to congratulate the Bulldogs on such an epic win.

The Dogs players were beside themselves with joy.

Young defenders Michael Talia and Fletcher Roberts had taken care of Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett while Lin Jong, Jake Stringer, Luke Dahlhaus and Jack Macrae led from the front.

Prized recruit Tom Boyd — who has played only 14 career matches — competed like it was his last game in tough conditions for a 200cm forward and opposed to premiership defenders Ted Richards and Heath Grundy.

Emotion from the opposite end of the spectrum was also displayed across the fifth round of footy.

Brisbane coach Justin Leppitsch was searching for words in his press conference after the Lions’ huge loss to Gold Coast in the Q-Clash. Coaches can be as emotional as anyone — putting in countless hours to prepare their team as best they can.

When the end result is a resounding and unexpected loss, despair and disappointment can become obvious.

What began as a positively emotional evening at the MCG celebrating legendary coach Michael Malthouse’s record-breaking career ended in sadness as Malthouse inauspiciously acknowledged the crowd despite his Carlton line-up copping a 75-point defeat at the hands of arch-rival Collingwood.

The Showdown is yet another example of the emotion that can be brought out through AFL matches.

On the street I will often hear “old-school” Crows fans begging we beat Port Adelaide, even ahead of winning finals matches — something I can’t fathom.

Bragging rights between Crows and Power fans are considered like a pot of gold in this town and unfortunately for the “19th Man”, it is Port who have the upperhand until the next Showdown.

Emotion is what makes the game great.

It creates debate, controversy, news, opinion among other things.

It actually puts people in jobs.

Hundreds upon hundreds of radio personalities earn plenty of money answering passionate calls from both elated and humiliated supporters depending on the result of any game.

Emotion drives our sport — the fans have a great balance between passion and competitiveness but knowing where the boundaries are.

We see regularly in international soccer how riots can begin because passionate fans take things too far.

Our fans are emotional and vital to the continued growth of the game but our fans are also measured and fair — for the most part.

Of course, some clubs have larger fan bases than others but all 18 clubs have at least a bunch of the most loyal fans you could hope for.

At Adelaide, we have a group called the Crows’ Supporters Group.

It is a conglomerate of members, who attend the majority of our home and interstate matches, build the banner we run through as well as run sausage sizzles, help out at club functions and always attend and support club initiatives.

They are well known by the player group and without their support, the Crows would lose an integral part of the organisation.

Continue to support your team as hard as you can because going through the lows makes riding the highs so much more rewarding.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7343778108
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Re: The passion of AFL fans is unmatched anywhere in the world

Post by AFLcrap1 »

:[] :[] :[] :[] :[]
:_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

You poor brainwashed twit .

You keep posting articles by some braindead fumblefan, & treat them as Gospel .

Hey Bea remember this article you lost a load in your pants about .
You started a thread about it ,then when shown up as clueless as this josh Jerkoff bloke ,you didn't want yo discuss it .
5 teams had no chance ,yet he thought they did .

Get help Bea ,you can't go on living in some delusional bubble .
An idiot who writes articles that are 1000000000% wrong is your source for fumble propaganda .
Well done son .
Drink the koolaid .

Every AFL club has shot at winning the AFL premiership, writes Josh Jenkins

Josh Jenkins
The Advertiser
April 23, 2015 8:00PM

ON any given Sunday, anyone can beat anyone.

That is the mantra that the NFL has always been desperate to stick to to ensure an even competition.

While there will always be teams going through various issues that will hinder them from competing with the best, for the most part the saying rings true.

Currently – and despite what some people may think – the AFL is the same.

As a current player, I can assure you that fronting up each week and beating any opposition AFL team is an accomplishment in itself.

Upsets are common place in our competition and despite what some critics have been saying, all clubs can compete for glory.

Of course, injuries, form and suspension take place and things can go awry for certain teams but there is no such thing as a given in the AFL.

Our coaches put in hours upon hours of preparation for each opponent, knowing that as soon as they take their foot off the accelerator, things will come crashing down.

Players are the same – skip the recovery session or choose not to do some extra goalkicking and, before you know it, you are on the receiving end of a losing streak.

Players are too talented, coaches drill players too well now for opposition teams to simply roll up and collect the four points unopposed. The focus and drive of today’s AFL player is at an all-time high - and frankly, it has to be.

So much is asked of a player that without full commitment things can nosedive.

As forwards, we prepare as diligently as possible to give us the edge on our direct opponent.

Problem is, the defenders do the exact same thing.

Yes, I concede clubs like the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda haven’t won premierships in decades. But winning a cup is the pinnacle and something most players never achieve.

It’s not that long ago that the Saints were ahead in a grand final – staring premiership glory right in the face.

The Dogs were in the hunt for numerous seasons, competing in preliminary finals at the turn of the last decade.

Everyone has their shot at the title. Juggernauts like Hawthorn and Geelong would be able to clarify just how hard it can be staying at the top.

The Hawks – as good and as talented as they are – don’t just roll out of bed each weekend and win games of footy.

As new Crows recruits and ex-Hawks Luke Lowden and Kyle Cheney told us, the back-to-back reigning premiers condition themselves for finals footy.

They work hard – like all clubs – during the summer and continue to prepare, perform and recover throughout the season.

Luke Hodge, Jarryd Roughead and Sam Mitchell are as talented as anyone but they also put in the work, not just expecting to be apart of a winning team.

The two new expansion teams – Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney – are here for the fight, too.

As they developed they both took big beatings at the hands of established AFL programs but now they’re big boys, too.

They’re here to be reckoned with as well.

They know they can compete with anyone – as shown by the Suns’ pushing Geelong to the brink down at Simonds Stadium, a place no one wins (unless you are Fremantle).

While equalisation was a hot topic for a few months, it should now be left in the shadows.

Because we have a great competition, we have always had a great competition and at any given AFL venue, any given AFL team can win.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7317304523
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Hahaha, the jealousy demonstrated right there is too funny. Show some passion for your game losers. Get off the fucking couch ffs.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol .
So you avoided my post showing that Josh jerkoff is basically full of shit .

Typical fumbler head up your arse ignoring reality .

When josh jerkoff posts something that is remotely near reality then I will discuss his ramblings .

PS .bea seeing as you think he knows what he is talking about .

Did you have a few 100 on the 5 teams back in April that were 1000-1 .
According to jerkoff they were a chance of winning the comp .

Lol .

He has as much credibility as cos

🤣
Xman wrote
AFLsforPussies
Coach
Coach
Team: Manly Sea Eagles-Wakefield Wildcats-England FC
Been liked: 0

Post by AFLsforPussies »

Beaussie wrote:
Hahaha, the jealousy demonstrated right there is too funny. Show some passion for your game losers. Get off the fucking couch ffs.
LOL lame attempt dickhead :lol: :lol:

Funny to think this is comming from someone that follows a sport that gets points for missing and can't get any other nations to take any interest the self proclaimed Australian game. :lol: :lol: =D> =D>

Then I laugh even more at AFLs failed attempts to steal Greg Inglis and Johnothon Thurston. Because AFL don't have any talent of their own. =D> =D>
Anything to promote a game that is number 4 in NSW & QLD lol.. And unknown everywhere else around the world. :(/ :(/

Australian Fools League :_<> :_<>
Growing Rugby League in the USA.
http://www.usarl.com

AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol .
So you avoided my post showing that Josh jerkoff is basically full of shit .

Typical fumbler head up your arse ignoring reality .

When josh jerkoff posts something that is remotely near reality then I will discuss his ramblings .

PS .bea seeing as you think he knows what he is talking about .

Did you have a few 100 on the 5 teams back in April that were 1000-1 .
According to jerkoff they were a chance of winning the comp .

Lol .

He has as much credibility as cos
You are seriously going to query an article on AFL people actually going to matches. ok then. Let me know when you idiots actually start going to your own games and come back here.

And ffs stay on topic.
So highlighting the fact that the writer of this article has history showing he writes absolute garbage is now off topic .

You're fucking joking .
When he writes something accurate get back to me .

🤣
Xman wrote
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Facts of the matter are the writer does nuttin to qualify how afl supporters are the most passionate in the world. He just says they are :lol:

I think Brazilian soccer fans, indian cricket fans, American nfl fans, irish gaelic fans and so on and so on kick the pants off our afl fans, of whom a significant percentage are racists who don't deserve Australian citizenship let alone an afl club membership...or perhaps they do deserve the afl club membership... :? I don't know anymore im just so confused by the sheer pervasiveness of racism throughout that code [-X

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

The_Wookie wrote:
You pulled an article from fucking april - in round fucking 4 of a 22 round season - when every club and every clubs supporter would like to think its a shot 4 weeks into the season and claim its shit. In april all things are possible still. not so much come june and july.

Stay on the subject at hand or stay out of it.
Are you fucking kidding .
An article from some fuckwit is posted .
I show that he has a history of bullshit .
He has no credibilility ,shows nothing to back up his OPINION about passionate fans ,yet you expect us to believe it .
Fuck off.

& I will drag up an article from 4 weeks into the season because it shows what utter tripe josh jerkoff writes .

Have a look at the odds to miss the 8 on APRIL 29 .
Lol you expect us to believe that EVERY team has a chance .
Fucking hell .
There's how many teams at unbackable odds to miss the 8 .

There's how many teams at unbackable odds to miss the 8 .
Nearly a third of the comp .
& those odds for the bottom 5 were 100% accurate ,after 4 rounds .
It was clear to anyone who didn't have their head up their arse that the basketcase teams had NO hope ,NONE ,ZILCH of winning the comp.
They had no hope of making the 8 .

That clearly shows this fucknuckle has no fucking Idea ,& writes absolute shit that gets swallowed by braindead fumblers .
Sadly you are turning into one .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (101.2 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
Last edited by AFLcrap1 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🤣
Xman wrote
The axe
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Melbourne fc

Post by The axe »

Beaussie wrote:
Yep, biggest crowds, membership numbers, sponsorship dollars and tv rights. The passion of the fans is unmatched by any sport in the world. Well done Australia. =D> =D> =D>

Australian Football = Australia's Game :thumbleft:
Josh Jenkins: The passion of AFL fans is unmatched anywhere in the world
May 7, 2015 7:06pm
JOSH JENKINS
The Advertiser

SPORT brings out people’s emotion as much as anything in life.

The passion AFL fans have for their teams is unmatched anywhere around the world — they will be there for their team, rain hail or shine.

This was never more evident than on Saturday when a few thousand Western Bulldogs fans braved the wintry weather to witness one of the Dogs’ greatest victories of the modern era.

Six days earlier, the Bulldogs’ young brigade dominated us and ignited a flurry of talk of how much coach Luke Beverage had improved the club.

At the SCG, in conditions suited to Sydney’s finals-hardened bodies, the young Dogs again gave every inch of themselves to secure a win for the ages.

Immediately after the match, an emotional Robert Murphy stated the win over the Swans was the best he had been involved in.

That stands for a lot considering the years of finals appearances Murphy was involved in when the Dogs were oh, so close to reaching a grand final.

Murphy was visibly emotional during the post-game chat. He held back any tears but they weren’t too far away — and rightly so.

Many had bludgeoned the Bulldogs for being in disarray — they had a sacked coach and departed captain — but Beverage and Murphy had other ideas and the performance at the SCG was mesmerising.

Players across the league took to social media to congratulate the Bulldogs on such an epic win.

The Dogs players were beside themselves with joy.

Young defenders Michael Talia and Fletcher Roberts had taken care of Lance Franklin and Kurt Tippett while Lin Jong, Jake Stringer, Luke Dahlhaus and Jack Macrae led from the front.

Prized recruit Tom Boyd — who has played only 14 career matches — competed like it was his last game in tough conditions for a 200cm forward and opposed to premiership defenders Ted Richards and Heath Grundy.

Emotion from the opposite end of the spectrum was also displayed across the fifth round of footy.

Brisbane coach Justin Leppitsch was searching for words in his press conference after the Lions’ huge loss to Gold Coast in the Q-Clash. Coaches can be as emotional as anyone — putting in countless hours to prepare their team as best they can.

When the end result is a resounding and unexpected loss, despair and disappointment can become obvious.

What began as a positively emotional evening at the MCG celebrating legendary coach Michael Malthouse’s record-breaking career ended in sadness as Malthouse inauspiciously acknowledged the crowd despite his Carlton line-up copping a 75-point defeat at the hands of arch-rival Collingwood.

The Showdown is yet another example of the emotion that can be brought out through AFL matches.

On the street I will often hear “old-school” Crows fans begging we beat Port Adelaide, even ahead of winning finals matches — something I can’t fathom.

Bragging rights between Crows and Power fans are considered like a pot of gold in this town and unfortunately for the “19th Man”, it is Port who have the upperhand until the next Showdown.

Emotion is what makes the game great.

It creates debate, controversy, news, opinion among other things.

It actually puts people in jobs.

Hundreds upon hundreds of radio personalities earn plenty of money answering passionate calls from both elated and humiliated supporters depending on the result of any game.

Emotion drives our sport — the fans have a great balance between passion and competitiveness but knowing where the boundaries are.

We see regularly in international soccer how riots can begin because passionate fans take things too far.

Our fans are emotional and vital to the continued growth of the game but our fans are also measured and fair — for the most part.

Of course, some clubs have larger fan bases than others but all 18 clubs have at least a bunch of the most loyal fans you could hope for.

At Adelaide, we have a group called the Crows’ Supporters Group.

It is a conglomerate of members, who attend the majority of our home and interstate matches, build the banner we run through as well as run sausage sizzles, help out at club functions and always attend and support club initiatives.

They are well known by the player group and without their support, the Crows would lose an integral part of the organisation.

Continue to support your team as hard as you can because going through the lows makes riding the highs so much more rewarding.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7343778108
Great article, really captures what most Australians already knew.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol:

So tell me where the thousands upon thousands of Adam goodes' booers stand in light of this gem of a quote from ur boy joshy j axe? :lol:

They've had to be silenced, thousands upon thousands of racist fans have had to be told to take ur 1940s views of aboriginal leadership in Australia elsewhere :lol:

I think on a balmy sat night in sydney the crowd at the collingwood clash was subpar. Does anyone else think the racists are voting with their feet?

xman wrote:
The axe
Seniors
Seniors

Post by The axe »

King-Eliagh wrote:

So tell me where the thousands upon thousands of Adam goodes' booers stand in light of this gem of a quote from ur boy joshy j axe? :lol:

They've had to be silenced, thousands upon thousands of racist fans have had to be told to take ur 1940s views of aboriginal leadership in Australia elsewhere :lol:

I think on a balmy sat night in sydney the crowd at the collingwood clash was subpar. Does anyone else think the racists are voting with their feet?

Josh's quote seems about right to me, I have no problems with it. As far as subpar crowds are concerned I'll have to defer to league fans such as yourself the king, it's 1 thing you blokes would know all about. At least you were brave/stupid enough to bring crowds up, the rest of your cohorts don't seem that interested in the crowd thread at the moment for some reason.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol at fumblers drinking the koolaid .
Josh jerkoff writes utter shit ...as I have shown .
Yet you ********* lap the shit up .

Lol at Victaaaaards .

🤣
Xman wrote
The axe
Seniors
Seniors

Post by The axe »

AFLcrap1 wrote:
Lol at fumblers drinking the koolaid .
Josh jerkoff writes utter shit ...as I have shown .
Yet you ********* lap the shit up .

Lol at Victaaaaards .
Because it doesn't fit your worn out narrative it must be shit, fortunately not everyone has been immersed in your bitterness and narrow mindedness.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

So all the Adam goodes' booers were well within the boundaries of good passionate footy supporting were they axe?

xman wrote:
The axe
Seniors
Seniors

Post by The axe »

King-Eliagh wrote:
So all the Adam goodes' booers were well within the boundaries of good passionate footy supporting were they axe?

Read the above post the king