Brisbane says stop the AFL Bandwagon, I want to get off

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Willis 21 wrote:
I must admit that I have predicted that the off field success the Lions had a couple of years ago was not really reflective of any meaningful support in Brisbane, and was made up with the usual bandwagon jumpers....
Just checked out the Broncos crowds figures in the past and it just goes to prove they have a large bandwagon as well considering their have crowds dipped lower than the current average for the Lions.

http://www.stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/brisbane.html

Considering the form of the Lions, their crowds hold up well if you ask me.
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by Willis 21 »

Hey?? :?

The Broncos have been having an ordinary year so far this year, and their crowds are much better than the Lions?..
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Willis 21 wrote:
The Southport Sharks are propped up by a poker machine palace on the Gold Coast, who's members would know nothing about AFL.

Its a social club .. do not confuse it with any meaningful support of Aussie Rules...
WHAT???????

Are you serious?? There are PLENTY of clubs in the country that get support from the pokies! North Ballarat, North Adelaide, South Adelaide (just to name a few). Southport by the way have annexed a number of premierships in a competition that compares very well with the major leagues in Victoria! So does AFL Cairns by the way!

Money is coming into the club and it is being used appropriately - by people who know football. Those in the know are suggesting that Southport become the 17th AFL club!

I rather think I know more about what's happening in QLD than you do, Willis. Particularly when it comes to AFL.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Willis 21 wrote:
Hey?? :?

The Broncos have been having an ordinary year so far this year, and their crowds are much better than the Lions?..
I was talking about past years. Years when their crowds were always less than the Lions. Bandwagons all round up QLD way eh.
Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

They won the comp in 97, 98 and 2000.

How were their crowds then??
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Willis 21
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by Willis 21 »

So where was the bandwagon effect in those years??