Telstradome pass-outs

Australian Football news and discussion.
TommyWood
Team:
Been liked: 0

Telstradome pass-outs

Post by TommyWood »

Will Ian Collins & co now increase food prices @ Telstra? The general footy public should have a choice of what & where they eat.
dogsact
Has thanked: 0

Post by dogsact »

Agreed wholly.

The MCG is getting rediculously expensive also. I tried going the reasonably healthier option instead of a pie. Si I bought a Ham Cheese Tomato Roll and a 600ml Coke Zero. Cost me friggin $12. $4 for the coke i expected, but $8 for a HCT Roll, bloody hell. Back to pies for me.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

dogsact wrote:
Agreed wholly.

The MCG is getting rediculously expensive also. I tried going the reasonably healthier option instead of a pie. Si I bought a Ham Cheese Tomato Roll and a 600ml Coke Zero. Cost me friggin $12. $4 for the coke i expected, but $8 for a HCT Roll, bloody hell. Back to pies for me.
I bought a chicken and salad baguette at the SCG on Sunday. Cost - $8.50. :x

The hamburger, chips and coke deal at the SCG is $14.90. Ridiculous. Oh and I noticed the price of beer has gone up too - as is the case every season. :evil:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Telstradome pass-outs

Post by Beaussie »

TommyWood wrote:
Will Ian Collins & co now increase food prices @ Telstra? The general footy public should have a choice of what & where they eat.
We have never had passouts available in Sydney. Is it just Melbourne (MCG) were they are available these days?
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

They still have passouts available at the MCG, I took advantage to duck out for a ciggie a couple of times.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Can you still get food from outside the G at those food vans?
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

Yep, the food Vans are definitely still there. I've never bought from them though. Probably not much cheaper! lol
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Telstradome pass-outs

Post by Beaussie »

TommyWood wrote:
Looks like the fans have had a victory. Nandos chicken at the footy sounds cool.
Fans win pass back to Telstra Dome
21 April 2007 Herald-Sun
Ian Royall
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

FOOTY fans scored a major victory last night when Telstra Dome bosses backed down on the controversial passouts ban.

Supporters will be able to exit from a few gates at either end of the stadium during games, sources told the Herald Sun.

But the temporary fencing that has caged in smokers since round 1 will stay for now.

Changes will be in place for this afternoon's St Kilda-Essendon Round 4 clash at the Dome.

The relaxing of the policy comes after two weeks of outcry and increasing pressure from fans, who claimed that Dome bosses were protecting stadium food vendors by banning fans from takeaway outlets on the concourse.

One of the gates to be open from today is thought to be one near the concourse food outlets.

Instead of passouts, it is believed that patrons will use their entry ticket to scan out and scan back in again.

Fans will also be able to gain access to the stadium car park.

A formal announcement was expected overnight.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou did not support the passouts ban, but said it was an issue for stadium management.

Mr Demetriou is believed to have met Dome bosses, including chief executive Ian Collins and operations manager Nick Sautner, within the past week.

And writing in yesterday's Herald Sun, the AFL supremo said he'd continue to raise the matter following fans' feedback.

Geelong Football Club also wrote to the AFL voicing concern on behalf of its supporters.

Stadium management defended the original ban, saying it prevented rorting and people being hurt by stray footballs being kicked on the concourse.

The Nando's chicken chain has run a strong campaign against the passouts ban.

Deniz Gul, franchise manager of the Nando's outlet on the concourse, said any relaxing of the rules would be a victory for common sense.

"For an organisation like Telstra Dome to restrict trade like that, it's not fair," he said. "We are neighbours and at the end of the day we need to get along."

Mr Collins was away on annual leave yesterday and unavailable for comment.
boof1978
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by boof1978 »

At AAMI Stadium the prices are as you've suggested at other venues, bloody ridiculous. Does Demetriou understand that if the average family attends a game it would cost them more in food than on tickets to the game. Its ok for him with his 10 other jobs, hang on....he gets everything for free anyway!!!. If they want explanations on why crowds are staying away, will their brain power go past supporters committment to their team and focus on their ridiculous prices.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Solution - take your own nosh!

Ah the good old days in the Rush Stand out at Collingwood when I was a kid. Got there early for the twos and had lunch at half time. Rarely bought anything at the food places (and even then they were expensive by comparison!!).
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

Agreed, Its a good idea for families, I still see the Hot Dogs coming out of the warm thermos.
Unfortunately for me it won't work. I like to travel light to the Football because I inevetibly end up heading out for the night. I usually have a good feed before i go. Coughing up for one pie wont kill me.