proof that SOO is nothing but a state vs state gimmick

Which is the best football code? Here you can have it out with other football fans.
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 0

Re: proof that SOO is nothing but a state vs state gimmick

Post by Swans4ever »

enarelle wrote:
My god - sound the bells, get the photographers,witnesses please as we have an acknowledgement " that the NRL takes centre stage" on something.

Of course clearly don't understand why SOO takes centre stage but sometimes things are just so obvious to all.

I do love the concept of a "gimmick" that has been going for thirty consecutive years and gets bigger every year. Is that an Australian gimmick record?

Clearly some high anxiety associated with this acknowledgement based on attempt to minimise due to some player irregularities in the past but still going the right way.
Obviously your new to FC emenarella but I have always said that SOO is an event - no dispute that it's significant but to say it's a national event rather than a national curiosity is really stretching it - that's the problem with people in NSW/QLD you forget that there is other states in Australia - Vic, SA, WA and Tassie may tune in does not mean that they buy in - people each year watch the Super Bowl, GP, US Masters etc etc - doesn't mean they become supporters or fans just interested bystanders - that's what RL SOO (and I use the term SOO VERY loosely) is to the rest of the country nothing more - it doesn't translate where it counts to bigger crowds, more sponsorship and bigger club revenues! In many ways it is restricting growth of the game because it is now the premier RL event and the club comp is just a sad side show!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Swans4ever wrote:
enarelle wrote:
My god - sound the bells, get the photographers,witnesses please as we have an acknowledgement " that the NRL takes centre stage" on something.

Of course clearly don't understand why SOO takes centre stage but sometimes things are just so obvious to all.

I do love the concept of a "gimmick" that has been going for thirty consecutive years and gets bigger every year. Is that an Australian gimmick record?

Clearly some high anxiety associated with this acknowledgement based on attempt to minimise due to some player irregularities in the past but still going the right way.
Obviously your new to FC emenarella but I have always said that SOO is an event - no dispute that it's significant but to say it's a national event rather than a national curiosity is really stretching it - that's the problem with people in NSW/QLD you forget that there is other states in Australia - Vic, SA, WA and Tassie may tune in does not mean that they buy in - people each year watch the Super Bowl, GP, US Masters etc etc - doesn't mean they become supporters or fans just interested bystanders - that's what RL SOO (and I use the term SOO VERY loosely) is to the rest of the country nothing more - it doesn't translate where it counts to bigger crowds, more sponsorship and bigger club revenues! In many ways it is restricting growth of the game because it is now the premier RL event and the club comp is just a sad side show!
:(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

How come the "rules" keep changing? One minute the question/challenge is whether SOO is just a Gimmick the next is whether or not it is a "National Event".

Would have thought key requirement to be National Event was that large part of nation was watching.

Bottom line SOO is bigger than Ben Hur and just keep growing.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

enarelle wrote:
How come the "rules" keep changing? One minute the question/challenge is whether SOO is just a Gimmick the next is whether or not it is a "National Event".

Would have thought key requirement to be National Event was that large part of nation was watching.

Bottom line SOO is bigger than Ben Hur and just keep growing.
yep Bigger than anything in derpball world & doesn't it make the fumblers shitty.

RLWC consumed them for weeks last yr ,now SOO is sending them into a foaming frenzy.

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Keep believing that if it makes you happy reality is different from your perception!
LARGEST MEMBERSHIP, LARGEST PROFIT, LARGEST HOME CROWD AVERAGE - THE BIGGEST CLUB IN SYDNEY - THE SYDNEY SWANS
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Post by Raiderdave »

Swans4ever wrote:
enarelle wrote:

- that's the problem with people in NSW/QLD you forget that there is other states in Australia -
sorta like the problem with you singlet wearing cockheads forgetting theres other countries on the planet eh :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<>

a tiny world
a

tiny

tiny

world :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Raiderdave wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
enarelle wrote:

- that's the problem with people in NSW/QLD you forget that there is other states in Australia -
sorta like the problem with you singlet wearing cockheads forgetting theres other countries on the planet eh :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<>

a tiny world
a

tiny

tiny

That makes no sense??????? Just because the AFL is Australian how does that translate into Victorians forgetting about the rest of the world? Victoria (and for that matter SA and WA) are far more tolerant than Sydney after all we didn't have race riots in Bondi did we!!! You really are strange!
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

enarelle wrote:
....and they still don't get it,the AFL crew,and we are very amused. What don't they get? They don't get the fact that SOO gives the rugby league world a team and they line up behind that team and they are passionate in their support. This is not a club game or even a grand final where at the heart are the supporters of the contestants joins by those who like watching a league game. In SOO all leaguies have a team and by the way that extends to places like NZ and PNG who just don't love watching SOO they are passionate each year about supporting the Blues or Maroons. AFL has no contest where the AFL world has a team.

Yes there are a number who watch because it is an event and what a great marketing tool SOO is to bring knew followers to the code. What geniuses think this is a problem.?

As for the fact that SOO is the whole cake well big as it is with around 12m viewers this year that is till a fraction of the around 130m viewers that the NRL will get this year. Have a look at those individual cable or FTA games for NRL not he before and after SOO to see how the games numbers hold up.

I do love the concept that somehow Oztam report on how passionate the supporters are or is that AFL desperation?
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
no the NRL comp is that gives the the NRL a world team, it also provides other teams in the world players for their team, because the international RL rules are a joke, you can take out s postal box in another country and play for that country.

SOO is nothing but a great state vs state marketing gimmick, many people, schools and businesses encourage people to wear their states colors for the day, people attend soo party's & bbqs,

but does this translate to the NRL comp or NRL in general being any more popular? :lol:
not a hope in hell,
the NRL's & clubs revenue's are a joke, the clubs survive on pokermachines & gaming licences
crowds are a joke
memberships are a joke
sponsorship are a joke
& it looses in this ratings to the AFL as well in the unreliable world of tv ratings

the NRL has K Packer to thank for their over hyped popularity. just because he was a fan and pinched it off the ABC.

the AFL has built it self up, from an exciting product & large crowds. the AFL will continue to grow. SOO will stay here thanks to its well marketed state vs state gimmick, but the NRL comp will continue to dwindle & is on borrowed time, hence why news ltd sold their share. so keep talking it up
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.
enarelle
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Post by enarelle »

I think the AFL crew need to launch an immediate high powered campaign to warn the 4m who will tune into SOO that it is just a gimmick. And whatever you do don't tune into the third one or next years or the year after......

Needs to be a flexible budget as will probably need to get to 5m+ people in a few years.

Is there no more striking example of AFL arrogance than to tell the NRL world that SOO doesn't count. They are such geniuses they know the Hearts and Minds of the supporters of a rival code.

And the way they go on about their club competition, you know our clubs this and our clubs that..... Well it's like they don't have anything else to talk about you know.
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

enarelle wrote:
I think the AFL crew need to launch an immediate high powered campaign to warn the 4m who will tune into SOO that it is just a gimmick. And whatever you do don't tune into the third one or next years or the year after......

Needs to be a flexible budget as will probably need to get to 5m+ people in a few years.

Is there no more striking example of AFL arrogance than to tell the NRL world that SOO doesn't count. They are such geniuses they know the Hearts and Minds of the supporters of a rival code.

And the way they go on about their club competition, you know our clubs this and our clubs that..... Well it's like they don't have anything else to talk about you know.

:lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

yes quite
the fumblers are already taking their meds ..... nervous twitching
frothing at the mouth
curled up in balls on the ground

its only a gimmick

its only a gimmick

:lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

bow down you filthy fumblers to origins all consuming power :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<> :<>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Raiderdave
Coach
Coach

Post by Raiderdave »

Swans4ever wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Swans4ever wrote:
enarelle wrote:

a tiny world
a

tiny

tiny

That makes no sense??????? Just because the AFL is Australian how does that translate into Victorians forgetting about the rest of the world? Victoria (and for that matter SA and WA) are far more tolerant than Sydney after all we didn't have race riots in Bondi did we!!! You really are strange!
:lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/ :lol: :lol: :_<> :_<> :(/ :(/ :(/

fumblers live in a bubble
insular
tunnel visioned
ignorant
deluded
brain washed
dumb

very .... very .. dumb :(/ :(/ :(/ :(/
they live under rocks in their tiny tight shorts & singlets oblivious to the outside world

example
are far more tolerant than Sydney after all we didn't have race riots in Bondi did we!!!
the riots were in Cronulla 8-[
not Bondi :?>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<> :_<>

go bash an Indian taxi driver
you'll feel better cockhead :lol: :lol: :(/ :(/ :_<> :_<> :_<>
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million

Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

Now now don't get upset RD just because we're speaking the truth doesn't mean you have to throw a tanty - the fact is it is a gimmick as much as Tina Turnner - it's not true SOO because you don't have to be from there and I have always said if you like it that should be good enough - but don't claim some false representation - it's a 3 game exhibition matches - it is just a big kumbaya for the rugby league world, it's an injection of interest and passion where there is none - and your entitled to enjoy it - but as we have warned you there is a cost and it is your domestic comp - Titans getting just 6k at Rabina - the roosters getting just 9k after the Swans match - the cost is irrelevance and that is what the club competition is fast becoming. I know this burns you up inside (just like the Swans being the biggest club in Sydney). But dem the facts Jack!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

ANY proof that it is an EXHIBITION game .
I had the same argument with XMAN.

& a REP game is NOT an exhibition game..
Just because there is nothing in fumbleworld outside the domestic comp doesn't mean other sports who do can be classed as what a jealous fumbler thinks..

Look up REP game .
Then suck your thumb ,stamp your feet & mash the keyboard.
It wont change anything but you might feel better

🤣
Xman wrote
Swans4ever
Coach
Coach

Post by Swans4ever »

AFLcrap1 wrote:

Just because there is nothing in fumbleworld outside the domestic comp doesn't mean other sports who do can be classed as what a jealous fumbler thinks..

Look up REP game .
Any proof it isn't - the fact that you don't have to be from that area to represent it - well that says it all doesn't it - it's not a representative match because you can come from any state you choose and play for any state you choose, you can come from OS and play for any state - so how can it be a representative match???? No AFLCRAPPER is is a three match exhibition series nothing more - a competition series that is slowly replacing the NRL club comp - eventually being the only meaningful event on the NRL Calendar!
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Swans4ever wrote:
AFLcrap1 wrote:

Look up REP game .
Any proof it isn't - the fact that you don't have to be from that area to represent it - well that says it all doesn't it - it's not a representative match because you can come from any state you choose and play for any state you choose, you can come from OS and play for any state - so how can it be a representative match???? No AFLCRAPPER is is a three match exhibition series nothing more - a competition series that is slowly replacing the NRL club comp - eventually being the only meaningful event on the NRL Calendar!
The fear is strong with this one .

🤣
Xman wrote