Newcastle Knights betting

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Newcastle Knights betting

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

http://www.tabsportsbetnsw.com.au/

Can the Knights win a match this season? Sportstab are offering odds for each round. What odds would members fancy?

ROUND 16 V PENRITH 4.50
ROUND 17 V SYD ROOSTERS 5.75
ROUND 18 V NTH QLD 6.25
ROUND 19 V CRONULLA 13.00
ROUND 20 V PARRAMATTA 24.00
ROUND 21 V MELBOURNE 11.00
ROUND 22 V BULLDOGS 34.00
ROUND 23 V MANLY 11.00
ROUND 24 V WARRIORS 26.00
ROUND 25 V CRONULLA 26.00
ROUND 26 V ST GEORGE ILL 41.00

DO NOT WIN A MATCH 6.75

Looking at the team they've got, even with Andrew Johns, the $6.75 to not win a game looks a little tempting but priced a touch low I feel.

Personally, I think the home game against Melbourne a couple of weeks after Origin at $11.00 could be the best bet.

Betting aside, I think the Knights look set to win 1-2 matches this year at most.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Yeah going on Melbourne's form this season that game against the Knights could well be one's best bet, particularly with the game being a home game for the Knights. Who knows though with the Knights this season. I still can't believe they are yet to win a game.
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

I think you'll find that the Knights will beat one of the more fancied teams having a bad day. I wouldn't bet them to go through the season without a win. Dizzys is right - the odds are too short on that (around $12 is the right price!)

They had similar betting in the AFL this year about when the Eagles would lose their first match and the price on Collingwood being the first team to beat them was around $15.

Similarly, odds were offered on who the Saints would first lose to last year (they won their first 10 games) and the Swans beat them at the SCG!
So yes, it's often the lowly teams who beat the Top Teams (aka Pies, Swans) and therefore a Top Team will eventually lose to the Knights!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I think this theory is weak. As a proven prophet (not some weekend hacker who has lost his money time and time again on blackjack and in TF against King E) i predict the knights will defeat cronulla in rd 19. Put your money on it folks.

Your one and only true prophet. KE.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
I think this theory is weak. As a proven prophet (not some weekend hacker who has lost his money time and time again on blackjack and in TF against King E) i predict the knights will defeat cronulla in rd 19. Put your money on it folks.

Your one and only true prophet. KE.
Ah, hello. Anyone home in your brain KE?

Did I not say that one of the top teams would lose to the Knights?

Aren't Cronulla equal 4th on the ladder? Wouldn't that make them a top team?

You've just agreed with my theory even though you've called it weak!

Funny stuff KE - you crack me up! :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Cronulla are coming fifth and are hardly a top team. I predict they will have a mid season slump starting this weekend and will not make the 8. Another prophecy from your one and only KE. :)

And croc, I feel like taking some more money off you...its been awhile :lol: , hows about a bet on the knights beating cronulla in round 19. Now looks like some betting agency is giving 13 to 1, you always give better odds so I'll put 10 on the knights at 17-1 with you. What do you think? A little scared? :twisted:

I understand if you dont want to, its not nice losing. :)

xman wrote:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Cronulla are coming fifth and are hardly a top team. I predict they will have a mid season slump starting this weekend and will not make the 8. Another prophecy from your one and only KE. :)

And croc, I feel like taking some more money off you...its been awhile :lol: , hows about a bet on the knights beating cronulla in round 19. Now looks like some betting agency is giving 13 to 1, you always give better odds so I'll put 10 on the knights at 17-1 with you. What do you think? A little scared? :twisted:

I understand if you dont want to, its not nice losing. :)
As usual KE, you have misread the odds. The odds Dizzys quoted was for that team (Cronulla) being the first to lose to Newcastle, not just a head-to-head contest.

You are right though, KE - I do give better odds than sportsbet. I won't give you 17-1 though, I'll give you 20-1 for a minimum bet of $50 for Cronulla being the first team to lose to the Knights this season.

Wanna piece of the action?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

I'll put $20 on it. I understand if you say no. :wink:
$400 is a nasty amount to lose.

xman wrote: