Draft Fight Club Guidelines and Suggestions

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Must admit I like a good old cyber fight in the battle of the codes too. 8-[

Loving tearing apart Raider today in particular. It's just too easy. :_<>
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Yes but you're doing it within the guidelines, Beau! So it's possible! I wonder who has the courage to follow suit?
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

Speaking of Raider where is he? I suppose lost in the huge crowds at an NRL game? :(/
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Grim Reaper wrote:
I am with King-Eliagh in this one, I want to fight to the death where the winner rules supreme over the world. None of this debating as that is for pussycats :twisted:
Beaussie wrote:
Must admit I like a good old cyber fight in the battle of the codes too. Anxious

Loving tearing apart Raider today in particular. It's just too easy. ROFL
Fantastic points guys, and from two very long standing highly regarded members too! Especially your one Grim, this was the essence upon which the "Fight Club" was conceptualised. It was not long after myself and Beaussie went to see the movie together that we actually thought up the idea of a Fight Club online would be cool.

I note Beaussie is anxious about his comment and wonder who wears the pants here at TF now when it comes to decision making? :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

That's not entirely correct. The Fight Club concept was first developed over at LU and credit should go to them for being the first. Sadly, I can no longer post there and I'm not aware of any other football fight club forums out there. Like yourself KE, I loved the Fight Club concept for code wars, hence its establishment here.

As for your final comment, this thread is about responding to issues raised by members and creating community consensus in developing guidelines specifc to Fight Club.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

And right now, all I'm seeing is some people spending their time wanting something that will destroy this place (Freedom of Speech without responsibility and permission to behave like children). That's the core of the new guidelines. No one has yet put a convincing argument as to why irresponsible and childish conduct should be allowed without limits.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Why don't you leave AFFP? Your the johhnie come lately here trying to impose rules. King and I have more right to being here than you.
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

If this was my forum you would have been out on your ear long ago, Reaper! No one has any claim on rights to be here - except for Beau.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yeah Grim I agree, these fukkers are trashing OUR site. They come in, cant handle the pace and want everything changed. Sorry bitches but if you cant handle the heat, you gotsta get outta the kitchen.

People like this disgust me and TLPG I dont think it is up to you to judge what is a "convincing argument" for the rules to remain as they were. This is Beaussie's call. Furthermore we are yet to here MarkZZZ's thoughts on this, so Mark when you read this please post up your thoughts.

I've put up several arguments which have not really been answered by those in power. Mainly why should the whole concept of the board change for the actions of two a few weeks ago? IMO whoever moderated Raider and Onions did a fair job. I never saw what happened so in that sense, well done. IF it was THAT bad, then perhaps they should have received a suspension rather than taking the drastic measures of changing the whole concept of the board into a "Debate Club" rather than a fight club??

The only reason I can think of as to why you are trashing our site like this is that you, TLPG, cant handle it. You take things such as being called Peanut so personally. You are perhaps an ok moderator for the AFL board (although you've made some huge mistakes over there already), but for the Fight Club you are miserable and anti in every sense of the word.

Long Live Fight Club!!! :cheers:

xman wrote:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

TLPG you would have not lasted 5 minutes when this site was created, take your Herr Hitler Gestapo tactics and stick it where the Sun don't shine. Your nothing but a big pussy trying to have everyting your way. And your right..this forum is not yours so remember that! :twisted:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

And it's not yours either, Reaper. Both of you have to reel it in.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Reel what in? Did not know this is now called "The Fishing Club"? :roll:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hammerhead would you open your eyes and realise WHY people are highlighting TLPG as an issue?

Firstly there are double standards in TLPG's moderating. One example: He says he's rubbing out slander and then makes what I see as the most slanderous comment against myself for nothing! He locks posts for slander which are not slanderous. He needs to be more cautious in his approach to moderating to keep the trust of his members.

Secondly, he has not considered or even consulted with the members (or maybe not even the site's leadership for all I know!) prior to making fundamental changes to the very concept of this board. It is an undemocratic and dictatorial approach he has taken to his newfound moderator status. No wonder members are angry. At least now we have this thread to express our disdain and let our voices be heard.

Hammerhead I dont know if you have read this thread in its entirety but I have put forward my position in several ways without, as you incorrectly term it, having the intent to "upset TLPG". Beaussie has responded once and although it was brief and "anxious" it was affirming my position. So I wonder when some action will be taken?

I suggest you Hammerhead, who joined this site one month ago, decide to take a step back and view the whole picture and the history informing my and Grim's arguments.

xman wrote:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Well said brother King =D>
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

There are no double standards, KE. You just can't see it because as Hammer rightly pointed out - this is all about you having a personal beef with me.

Further - and Beau will confirm this - that matter of guidelines in here were discussed on the moderators forum. It was clear that something needed to be done to curb the behaviour which - at the time that Mark and I were made mods on this board - was completely out of control. Raider and Onions were the main offenders, and just today Onions was still at it as KE finally noticed as he lucked out on seeing it before I got to it.

Those two are the MAIN reason for these guidelines.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST