Draft Fight Club Guidelines and Suggestions

For all the latest forum/site updates, suggestions and news.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I saw what Raider and Onions got up to today and it was nothing more than lighthearted banter, with Raiderdave the wittier of the pair.

TLPG I dont have any personal 'beef' with you, I dont even know you for crying out loud! I just dont appreciate your actions of late. You should not be deleting posts that are within the guidelines, especially the guidelines which you have recently created.

It is true that some of your actions, proven because I have had them somewhat reversed by Beaussie, highlight that you have acted in hast and with double standards when moderating posts. This suggests that you perhaps are actually the one with the problem with me. You need to resolve your issues and try to moderate objectively. Otherwise I would suggest you be taken off the fight club forum as a moderator. Additionally, if we revert back to our old fightclub rules, I'd suggest you dont post in here any more and stick to the numerous other boards. The rules have always been relaxed in here for those who have thicker skin and enjoy some light hearted banter and insults to go with their footy related arguments and agendas. This does not mean there are no rules but rather that you should be able to deal with being called a Peanut for example and not taking it to heart. The old sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me is an analogy that all fight club posters should adhere to.

I would also like you to answer why two members actions has resulted in significant changes to the entire board which affects ALL members. Including members, like myself and Grim, who have been here since the Talking Footy site was created. Why didnt you address the TWO members at fault rather than the entire membership???

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Light hearted banter?? #-o

Now I know you aren't a part of the solution. You're part of the problem! And I did say that they were the MAIN problem - not the whole problem, and you just proved me right.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

So lets get this straight. If I called you Peanut, would you consider this slander or light hearted banter?

I haven't proved you right and once again you havent answered my question at all.

Where is MarkZZZ? That moderator has shown nothing but common sense in his moderating and posts.

xman wrote:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Grim Reaper »

King, it is obvious that TLPG is a useless moderator and is on a power trip of some sort. I suggest we don't waste or time with this clown and instead pursue this matter with Beaussie in getting this fools moderating access removed
AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood

Post by AFL Warrior »

Seems that TLPG has done one thing here, and that is for the AFL and NRL posters to have common ground in denouncing where the fight club is heading as we both want to stomp each others heads! Bring on the FIGHT not namby pamby debate! :twisted:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Can we at least get some agreement on what standards should be applied? What do members think of the draft guidelines in the opening post? Do we need to edit or even add to them?
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

I'll give you my Sherrin when you pry it from my cold, dead hands, before I negotiate with the NRL enemy :twisted:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

King-Eliagh wrote:
So lets get this straight. If I called you Peanut, would you consider this slander or light hearted banter?

I haven't proved you right and once again you havent answered my question at all.

Where is MarkZZZ? That moderator has shown nothing but common sense in his moderating and posts.
Calling me peanut is extreme personal abuse in my position as a moderator. It's not slander OR light hearted banter, because your intent is to demean. You've been at me since I returned to this forum, and it stops - now.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

Raiderdave wrote:
Hammerhead wrote:
King-Eliagh and Grim Reaper, I believe the onus is on you to convince Beaussie that it is best for this forum to let everybody have at each other, correct? TLPG's position is that this is bad for a forum.

I agree with TLPG.

It does neither of you any credit when you try to attack TLPG's moderating. Whether you like it or not, he has the position of moderator and that was Beaussie's decision. I am certain he made this decision with all due consideration, and all you two seem to be doing is attacking that decision rather than demonstrating in some practical manner how your method is better than TLPG's without pressing a personal beef.

It would appear that the intent of both of you is to upset TLPG. I would call that an intensely political move, that can only go in one direction. The complete and utter destruction of this forum. Playing politics to achieve an agenda should be headed off as quickly as possible.

I consider you two, Raiderdave and Onions to be the biggest threats to the stability of this forum. TLPG has recognised this and is reacting correctly, and from what I can tell Beaussie is supporting his work. You should perhaps accept this and make a long term decision about your future on this forum.
Stability of the forum ?
its a forum .... not a souffle :roll:

Beaussie is only supporting him because no one else is probably prepared to do the moderating

if there was he'd flick him in an instant as he is appalling in the role & is harming the site rather then enhancing it

making it a gentlemens club is for woosies & wowzers
& if people want a forum with polite rules & consideration for peoples
" feelings " :roll: .. go join the saddle club forum.. I think TLPG is a moderator there too

I notice some of the AFL posters in here too don't agree with the kit glove treament they are receiving either

& I know us leaguies are champing to get let off the leash

& ..... LET RIP :evil: :wink:

so I say .... its out with TLPG"s nanny rules
& lets get ready to RUUUUUMMMMBBBBLLLEEEEEE
I rest my case. The above quote from Raider is from someone who is not prepared to behave like an adult. These are the sorts of people that should be driven off not just this forum but all forums because it's abundantly clear that they don't have a life offline.

Adults debate.
Children "RUUUUUMMMMBBBBLLLEEEEEE"
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG do you understand the fundamental concept of the "Fight Club"?

And if you view being called a Peanut as "extreme personal abuse" then you have to relax more. As Beaussie has stated several times, "the rules in here have always been more RELAXED".

Take a chill pill man, we're all only having fun, you are reading the posts the wrong way. 'Adults' are able to understand that deep down we are all simply having a joke and rarely has there been any actual intent behind our 'fighting'. The majority of us dont even know each other for crying out loud! Children on the other hand could easily take offence to a few 'written' words like Peanut.

Remember the saying "sticks and stones ... ..." I think you may never have learnt this one.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Beaussie wrote:
Can we at least get some agreement on what standards should be applied? What do members think of the draft guidelines in the opening post? Do we need to edit or even add to them?
Beaussie, nice to hear from you. I will be happy to contribute when I get some time. It's just that I'm still on holidays and my babe is once again lying by the pool out back in her bikini with a beer.

Personally I think we need the first 3 guidelines but to add definition to them so they have more clarity for our members and moderators. I dont think we need more guidelines as we are all adults and this should be respected. I will put more thought into it and post my suggestions later.

Now its time for a beer and chillax
:afro:

xman wrote:
TLPG
Coach
Coach

Post by TLPG »

King-Eliagh wrote:
TLPG do you understand the fundamental concept of the "Fight Club"?

And if you view being called a Peanut as "extreme personal abuse" then you have to relax more. As Beaussie has stated several times, "the rules in here have always been more RELAXED".
I am a moderator, and you don't abuse me. Besides, the term "peanut" refers to a person's brain size. That is extreme abuse when you combine the two - and I don't think anyone else would appreciate the cheap and nasty jibe either.

I am relaxed - except when you try to run me out of this forum altogether and I know that is your intent so you should give that up right now.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG comon now. I dont want you to leave, you're pretty funny and although I consider you naive and somewhat 'precious', you also ocassionally provide information that I agree with. You're a member of this place and I respect that, I just dont think you should moderate the fight club or change the rules without proper consultation.

Moderators should be subject to the same rules as everyone else in here, therefore it's ok if I or others abuse you, as long as it's within the guidelines. Beaussie seems to have no problem with it, and actually enjoys a good ol' cyber fight as he puts it. And most importantly, which no-one has yet to show me that this occurs, moderators should be ACCOUNTABLE for their actions.

Policemen aren't above the law and so arent you as a moderator here at talking footy. This is the main reason for my anti position against what you are doing, not because I want you out of this forum. I know you want me out though :wink: but hey I cant be friends with everyone.

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Re: Fight Club Guidelines

Post by King-Eliagh »

TLPG wrote:
Whilst the general gist of the Forum Guidelines in general are relaxed here, the following is strictly prohibited.

1. Extreme personal attacks
2. Slandering any code
3. Racial discrimination - including the reverse variety
4. Any negativity - promote your sport with positives in debate, or keep it neutral and level. That promotes healthy debate.

Two threads have been created that these guidelines do not apply to. One guideline though does apply even to those threads - and that's being on topic. Personal attacks would be off topic on those threads because I for one won't be reading the AFL attack thread (Mark can mod that).

I should point out that this is a Fight Club and there are two sorts of fighting. Fighting between grown adults - also known as debating - and fighting between non-adults. Debating is done by adults. Insults and so forth are done by non-adults. Now I'm all for being a kid now and then - hence the stickied threads for venting. But I'm also for robust adult debate AKA adults fighting like adults.
Alrighty folks here's my take on the guidelines for the fight club, as promised. I really hope we can get some consensus in the near future on this.

1. Extreme personal and/or threatening attacks i.e. posts that discriminate a member on the basis of race, sexual orientation, gender and age. Additionally posts that personally threaten another members safety and security is strictly prohibited.

2. Discrimination in any of its forms. Including racial, sexual, gender and age.

Please note the use of the word extreme in the first guideline. Calling members names such as Peanut, Baboon, F'wit, Cumstain, scrotum, shit'f'brains etc etc etc, in relation to something they may have said on a topic is fine, if members feel the need to vent in this way go for it!

The second guidelines refers to posts about any member of any society.

Please note this board is about fun and some good ol fashioned, ocassionally rough, banter. The "FightClub NRL vs AFL is not a place for those who do not understand, and cannot post by, the old educational saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" - as long as the names are within guidelines 1 and 2.

That's my guidelines. I think they are pretty good and adhere to the traditional meaning of the Fight Club as well as provide some additionaly clarity for members and moderators. Please comment and critique as you feel necessary, I know I'm the first member to provide a reformed set of guidelines so am open to your feedback.

Also note I am not for the sticky threads that TLPG has created for 'attacks on the NRL and AFL'. As I've said before I liken this act to creating separate rooms for children that need controlling. Also note that I am currently (although if he shows he can change I may change my mind) against TLPG continuing his moderation of the fight club if these rules are to apply. I'm ok with him keeping his moderator status on the umpteen other boards he currently controls.

As far as I've seen in here, especially over the last 6 months, the guidelines I have created have rarely been broken therefore they would be easier to moderate.

I hope our members agree with them and look forward to hearing feedback :)

Yours Sincerely,
King

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

And to add to these guidelines I think there will need to be an accountability process in place for moderators of all boards. ie if there is a deletion or lock of a post that is perceived as within the guidelines, as expressed by the member who's post is deleted/locked, then this will be put to the "board of moderators/admins" for contemplation. After which a majority decision will be made and a response will be made to the complainant.

xman wrote: