2020/2021 - A-League - Soccer TV Ratings

A-League and International football TV ratings and discussion.
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5306
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

yeah i see a low ball figure heading there way.

I would Take Union in the dire situation at present to A League


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9263
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by Beaussie »

Round 21

Image

A-League Fox Sports

Friday

Macarthur FC vs Melbourne Victory 12,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... y-14-2021/


Saturday

Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast Mariners 5,000

Western United vs Sydney FC 5,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... y-15-2021/


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5306
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

i recan FOX cannot wait until Season is over lol


User avatar
Quolls2019
Captain
Captain
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by Quolls2019 »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:49 pm yeah i see a low ball figure heading there way.

I would Take Union in the dire situation at present to A League
I reckon they are both a bad risk.
The trans Tasman comp just makes oz teams look bad and a 5 team oz comp is crap.


There are lies, damn lies and ratings.
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5306
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Quolls2019 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:29 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:49 pm yeah i see a low ball figure heading there way.

I would Take Union in the dire situation at present to A League
I reckon they are both a bad risk.
The trans Tasman comp just makes oz teams look bad and a 5 team oz comp is crap.
agree, though Union are at the bottom and prob the lowest you could say they could be.

A League however never seems to get better or gain traction.


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9263
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by Beaussie »

Round 22

A-League Fox Sport

Friday

Newcastle Jets vs Brisbane Roar 11,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... y-21-2021/



Saturday

Image

Melbourne City vs Central Coast Mariners 14,000
Wellington Phoenix vs Western United 7,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... y-22-2021/


Anyone know what the Sydney derby rated on Sunday?


User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5306
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

lower than 25k that is for sure.


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9263
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by Beaussie »

Round 23

Image

A-League Fox Sports

Friday

Western United FC vs Melbourne Victory 10,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... y-28-2021/


Saturday

Adelaide United vs Sydney FC 17,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... y-29-2021/


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9263
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by Beaussie »

Round 24

A-League Fox Sports

Friday

Image

Macarthur FC vs Wellington Phoenix 11,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... ne-4-2021/



Saturday

Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory 14,000
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC 13,000
Central Coast Mariners vs Western United FC 11,000
(ABC 55,000)

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/weekend-tv ... ne-5-2021/


User avatar
Quolls2019
Captain
Captain
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by Quolls2019 »

I wonder if channel 10 and paramount see these, because if they do, what in the hell were they thinking?


There are lies, damn lies and ratings.
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5306
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:55 pm I wonder if channel 10 and paramount see these, because if they do, what in the hell were they thinking?
the Ratings are so bad, it does sound crazy..

On there investment you could say they have paid overs.

The Tv Deal $200mill over 5 Years. sounds to steep.
also has a few questions i would like answered...

is the network or the FFA producing and paying for the coverage, cameras etc ?
how much of it is Contra ?


User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9263
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: 2020/2021 - A-League - Soccer TV Ratings

Post by Beaussie »

Hmm, interesting.



User avatar
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9263
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:38 pm
Team: Sydney Swans
Location: Sydney
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by Beaussie »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:02 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:55 pm I wonder if channel 10 and paramount see these, because if they do, what in the hell were they thinking?
the Ratings are so bad, it does sound crazy..

On there investment you could say they have paid overs.

The Tv Deal $200mill over 5 Years. sounds to steep.
also has a few questions i would like answered...

is the network or the FFA producing and paying for the coverage, cameras etc ?
how much of it is Contra ?

Details regarding production costs are vague other than the APL sharing responsibility… surely a cost? It was also reported that the contra is $11 million in the first season and gradually reduced over the term of the contract.

The APL has also agreed to share responsibility for broadcast production, a move rarely undertaken by major sporting competitions in Australia. This ensures a minimum standard of production will be upheld across both the A-League and W-League and the ability to scale the number of cameras used at matches up or down based on the importance of certain fixtures.

The deal includes a significant portion of contra and advertising support, and APL is hopeful that Ten can provide the A-League and W-League with the same level of visibility and primacy in the summer months as it once did with cricket’s Big Bash League

The financial element of the deal is a boon for A-League clubs and above expectations. In the first year, it contains $32 million in cash - with Football Australia receiving a 10 per cent share, as per the APL’s independence terms brokered last year - and a further $11 million in contra, which will be gradually reduced over the term of the contract.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a-l ... 57v3m.html


User avatar
Quolls2019
Captain
Captain
Posts: 736
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:20 pm
Team: North Melbourne
Location: Melbourne
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: 2020/2021 - A-League - Soccer TV Ratings

Post by Quolls2019 »

“ The deal includes a significant portion of contra and advertising support, and APL is hopeful that Ten can provide the A-League and W-League with the same level of visibility and primacy in the summer months as it once did with cricket’s Big Bash League”

I would suggest the the whole deal is based on hope.


There are lies, damn lies and ratings.
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5306
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: 2020/2021 - Soccer TV Ratings - A-League etc

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:01 am
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:02 pm
Quolls2019 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:55 pm I wonder if channel 10 and paramount see these, because if they do, what in the hell were they thinking?
the Ratings are so bad, it does sound crazy..

On there investment you could say they have paid overs.

The Tv Deal $200mill over 5 Years. sounds to steep.
also has a few questions i would like answered...

is the network or the FFA producing and paying for the coverage, cameras etc ?
how much of it is Contra ?

Details regarding production costs are vague other than the APL sharing responsibility… surely a cost? It was also reported that the contra is $11 million in the first season and gradually reduced over the term of the contract.

The APL has also agreed to share responsibility for broadcast production, a move rarely undertaken by major sporting competitions in Australia. This ensures a minimum standard of production will be upheld across both the A-League and W-League and the ability to scale the number of cameras used at matches up or down based on the importance of certain fixtures.

The deal includes a significant portion of contra and advertising support, and APL is hopeful that Ten can provide the A-League and W-League with the same level of visibility and primacy in the summer months as it once did with cricket’s Big Bash League

The financial element of the deal is a boon for A-League clubs and above expectations. In the first year, it contains $32 million in cash - with Football Australia receiving a 10 per cent share, as per the APL’s independence terms brokered last year - and a further $11 million in contra, which will be gradually reduced over the term of the contract.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a-l ... 57v3m.html
ok, could be a shared coast in broadcasts, which is not cheap.. heard something around $15mill for A League Season
And wow that is alot of contra when you compare what cash they receive per year.

i


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest