2021 - NRL - Rugby League TV Ratings

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: 2021 - Rugby League TV Ratings - NRL etc

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:41 pm
Terry wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:39 pm
NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:32 pm

not necessarily. Not sure which other game they won either
NRL won the R1 relative comparison once streaming came in. Thurs. is gonna be very close but the NRL will win Fri. for sure. Hope that helps.
Pretty sure we won R1 even though the NRL was shown without competing with the AFL that weekend
"Pretty sure" ain't gonna cut it pal. Your fave game topped the aggregate but RL topped the averages which is a win to RL. And the but, but, but's don't matter. Just like your mob ignore the fact the NRL is missing the home ratings of one team and has less FTA!!!! Hope that helps.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

If looking at which rates better in Australia why would you.look at ratings in nz? Fine if you want to say which rates more in Australasia but for which is most viewed in Australia Australian figures are all that are relevant.

And didn’t wookie a figures show the afl won R1.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:38 pm
If looking at which rates better in Australia why would you.look at ratings in nz? Fine if you want to say which rates more in Australasia but for which is most viewed in Australia Australian figures are all that are relevant.

And didn’t wookie a figures show the afl won R1.
My point Freddo, was the NRL has one team whose home TV ratings are not counted. That means the NRL effectively only has ratings for 15 teams when in fact they have 16 teams in the comp. A significant disadvantage I would say my friend.

And I think you'll find Wookie said the NRL won the averages for R1. Which is effectively an overall win.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yeah.. I disagree with your premise . See where you are going and all... but yeah... no
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:09 pm
Yeah.. I disagree with your premise . See where you are going and all... but yeah... no
You might want to expand on that pal. So what exactly does the..........yeah............no.............mean??? In the real world of facts I am 100% correct.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Um... no you’re clearly not lol
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:02 pm
Um... no you’re clearly not lol
Where does one start with a kid like Freddo lolololololooololol!!!!! I'm trying to take it easy on everyone on this site my dear friend Fred. I mean in the past I....................naaaa...................won't go there at the mo pal, in deference to ya and ya fumbling mates lolololol!!!

Please clearly enunciate your arguments, if you've got any Frederica, and I will respond.

Cheers pal.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Okay... well personal insults aside.

Read my post again.

You can use nz ratings if you’re arguing which is more popular in Australasia. If you want to use ratings as to which is more popular in Australia you can only use Australian rating figures.

It’s not that hard Terry!
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:05 am
Okay... well personal insults aside.

Read my post again.

You can use nz ratings if you’re arguing which is more popular in Australasia. If you want to use ratings as to which is more popular in Australia you can only use Australian rating figures.

It’s not that hard Terry!
Thanks Freddo. I read it again slowly and now finally I understand :>:: :>:: :>:: !!!!!!!

My simple point Freddy is that when you do it that way the NRL is massively disadvantaged as it effectively only uses the ratings from 15 teams opposed to fumbling's 18.

Some years ago when Wookie was allowed to publish all the ratings he would include NZ numbers and let the reader make up there mind how they used 'em. That was a fair and balanced approach.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

NRL Fox League

Parramatta vs Cronulla 263,000
Brisbane vs Canterbury-Bankstown 240,000
Canberra vs NZ Warriors 160,000

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/tv-ratings ... h-27-2021/
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

I disagree Terry. I get what you are saying but disagree. Simply based on the premise if you are using the ratings to put forth that ratings show which code more popular. Do rugby Union claim tv figures in South Africa when Waratahs play a South African side. Does the cricket claim ratings in India when Australia play India say in the one day series or tests ? No.
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Must be a real bugger Fred when both sets of numbers quash the AFL's .
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

Fred wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:41 pm
I disagree Terry. I get what you are saying but disagree. Simply based on the premise if you are using the ratings to put forth that ratings show which code more popular. Do rugby Union claim tv figures in South Africa when Waratahs play a South African side. Does the cricket claim ratings in India when Australia play India say in the one day series or tests ? No.
it is different Fred, it is not a one off game its an actual 6 month comp where they play 24 games

I do not mind not counting NZ Figures and 2 less teams when you match comps like for like.

I just think when the NRL and AFL get very close in figures. the NRL have done very well
with the disadvantages
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Ah Freddo.............it ain't that complicated pal. If you want to compare comps you compare comps. If you want to compare only Aust you compare only Aust. In your case that's what you do because it suits your bias. There is no actual rule around this my friend. There is no right or wrong. It is a discussion.

As far as other sports go they can do what they like. Super Rugby tally all their ratings from each country & also show a breakdown of each nation. From memory they get around 50M in total for the entire comp of which Aust contribute a paltry 5M. As far as cricket goes who knows or cares. An international cricket series is hardly comparable to domestic or 95% domestic comps. So common-sense prevails and they don't claim Indian ratings because it would be stupidity.

Hope that helps Frederico.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:56 pm
it is different Fred, it is not a one off game its an actual 6 month comp where they play 24 games

I do not mind not counting NZ Figures and 2 less teams when you match comps like for like.

I just think when the NRL and AFL get very close in figures. the NRL have done very well
with the disadvantages
You still have all games being telecast into Australia - it is not like one less game is being televised. You just have a market that is not counted because - well - it is a different market. By all means use the NZ viewers to compare the market of NZ when it comes to which gets better ratings in New Zealand. And the one days series or a test is not a one off game either - sowhy is it different. And RU is played for a whole season also - we don't add the figures from south Africa.

So again, comes down to what you are using the ratings for. Surely if using rating to claim which is more popular in Australia you wouldn't be adding in NZ figures. And to say only 15 teams playing/rating does not make sense - as each match is aired in Australia - just that the NZ may not be that popular in Australia (although plenty of KIwis here) - same could be said about AFL teams not popular with viewers.

Really - it is quite simple - so simple it is hard to explain (to you guys). Most watched team/sport in Australia does not include people watching outside Australia. There are still 16 games to watch in Australia - they are playing another side - and the figures are what they are? I.m hoping that makes sense for you guys - but I really do not know how to make it anymore simpler? Do you kind of get it yet?
Veni, vidi, vici