NRL TV ratings plummeting

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: NRL TV ratings plummeting

Post by NlolRL »

Well according to the NRL's own annual report last year your total ratings were around the same as the AFL. We all know the AFL is a more popular product on TV given it had the highest rating game on FTA and STV, the highest rating finals, the highest rating home and away game, and lead the one game v one game comparison convincingly, just like we are winning this year's.

47 FTA plus 30k or so on STV for a Saturday arvo is nothing to sneeze at
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:30 pm
Well according to the NRL's own annual report last year your total ratings were around the same as the AFL. We all know the AFL is a more popular product on TV given it had the highest rating game on FTA and STV, the highest rating finals, the highest rating home and away game, and lead the one game v one game comparison convincingly, just like we are winning this year's.

Danger pal. Don't do this to yourself. You're heading back to the jungle to fight a war that is lost. RL won last years ratings war - fullstop, amen, over, done and dusted. History can't be changed.

And if you think -13% FTA ratings for fumbling this year is nothing to sneeze at you'll need a pocket full of tissues - sneeze at will.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Danger pal. Don't do this to yourself. You're heading back to the jungle to fight a war that is lost. RL won last years ratings war - fullstop, amen, over, done and dusted. History can't be changed.

And if you think -13% FTA ratings for fumbling this year is nothing to sneeze at you'll need a pocket full of tissues - sneeze at will.
Sydney probably had their worst start in their history so a drop of 13% is understandable. Can you explain why the NRL is 25% down in Sydney? Are all NRL clubs in Sydney having their worst start ever? 25% is a HUGE decline
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Sydney probably had their worst start in their history so a drop of 13% is understandable. Can you explain why the NRL is 25% down in Sydney? Are all NRL clubs in Sydney having their worst start ever? 25% is a HUGE decline
Please see my previous posts. Already explained. Good luck with the crusade and gods speed.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Please see my previous posts. Already explained. Good luck with the crusade and gods speed.
There are 6 Sydney teams in the top 9, and only 3 in the bottom 7. So on average Sydney teams are performing above average. Therefore your excuse is garbage. 25% down is a massive issue in your largest heartland market, and must be a huge concern for your next TV rights
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:24 pm

There are 6 Sydney teams in the top 9, and only 3 in the bottom 7. So on average Sydney teams are performing above average. Therefore your excuse is garbage. 25% down is a massive issue in your largest heartland market, and must be a huge concern for your next TV rights
Please see my previous posts. Already explained. Good luck and keep morale high.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Please see my previous posts. Already explained. Good luck and keep morale high.
I saw you BS previous post. It's a pathetic excuse given 2/3rds of Sydneys clubs are in the top 9
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:09 pm

I saw you BS previous post. It's a pathetic excuse given 2/3rds of Sydneys clubs are in the top 9
Please see my previous posts. Already explained. It's not my problem your comprehension skills are lacking. Please do research. Good luck and think more.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:16 pm
NlolRL wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Please see my previous posts. Already explained. It's not my problem your comprehension skills are lacking. Please do research. Good luck and think more.
try a new excuse. That one sucks big time
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

interesting post there,

be great to have numbers in the digital landscape..

because it is changing more quicker than ever..
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

the AFL would also have strong digital media growth so the fact our ratings are also up is pretty impressive. Plus crowds and memberships are up
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

Firstly if league is more popular on TV then it stands to reason they would more popular on digital media. And secondly how many Victorians could operate digital devices.

Fumble balls rating maybe down less at the moment but they gone off to early. It will be interesting to see just how far the've fallen by season end. League on the other hand :thumbleft: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:22 am
Except this literally hasnt happened.
What hasn't happened? It's your figures pal. FB is down -13% on FTA in Sydney you said. Backtracking again????
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:26 am
You said fb ratings were down -13%. You didnt say Sydney.
You really must read posts more carefully Wookie. This is what I said:

"It seems to have been ignored that FB is -13% on FTA in Sydney this year. So from a very low base they've gone even lower."

Myself and your fellow FB propagandist then discussed this issue until I demolished him and he went back into the jungle about last years ratings.

So what do you think about this fact? You jump all over any perceived or actual negative in RL or any other game but when it comes to fumbling there is just silence.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:59 pm
pussycat wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:50 pm
Firstly if league is more popular on TV then it stands to reason they would more popular on digital media.
Not borne out by any released data to date. Assumption false to date.
Fumble balls rating maybe down less at the moment but they gone off to early. It will be interesting to see just how far the've fallen by season end. League on the other hand :thumbleft: :rock: :rock: :rock:
AFL ratings are up across all segments at the moment. League on the other hand, is down on all segments.
Just because you haven't got figures to refute this doesn't make it false.

League ratings may be down buy they aren't the ones considering introducing a wild card. And of the reasons that Carline Wilson quoted was to retain interest into the backend of your competition.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys