NRL TV ratings plummeting

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: NRL TV ratings plummeting

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:49 pm
pussycat wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:04 am

Just because you haven't got figures to refute this doesn't make it false.
And youve got zero figures, it doesnt make it true. On actrual released data, what you said doesnt bear up

I havIve got the figures you posted showing that the NRL had the most viewed match
League ratings may be down buy they aren't the ones considering introducing a wild card. And of the reasons that Carline Wilson quoted was to retain interest into the backend of your competition.
man you really are hung up on the wild card thing - its not the first time its been floated, wont be the last. And why would league need it anyway, season is compromised to fuck by origin.
I may not have the figures. But the figures you posted showed that the NRL had the most viewed match (im assuming the figures for rep football wern't included). and the fact that there has been strong growth in the digital area this year would indicate that.

Our season isn't compromised by Origin , Its an enhanced by origin.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

In fairness Terry you can't claim rl ratings down due to top teams not doing well and then not allow this same excuse for the swans. Swans improving so will be interesting.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:26 am
In fairness Terry you can't claim rl ratings down due to top teams not doing well and then not allow this same excuse for the swans. Swans improving so will be interesting.
In fairness Fred can you show me where I said the -13% wasn't related to the Swans poor form. Tip - you won't because I never said it. You must read posts more carefully pal.
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Fair point. Either way... whilst some drop off is expected for the swans 13 percent is not good.

I still think the drop off in nrl though is concerning but yes, with top teams down you would expect some drop off. But wouldn't those teams doing well pick up ?
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

There's a saying in afl , or used to be, that Collingwood doing well is good for afl... crowds, ratings etc. not sure that holds as true nowadays .
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:53 am
pussycat wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:31 pm

I may not have the figures. But the figures you posted showed that the NRL had the most viewed match (im assuming the figures for rep football wern't included). and the fact that there has been strong growth in the digital area this year would indicate that.
Doesnt actually say whether rep football was covered. The article was thin on a lot of details, but on face value yes the NRL had the most viewed match. Granted.

Ill also point out the NRL annual report indicated 100 million minutes of live video through its app. The AFL indicated 185 million minutes just in live matches.
Our season isn't compromised by Origin , Its an enhanced by origin.
No its not. Crowds and ratings massively disagree with that assertion during the origin period.

Yeah, minutes . Doesn't mean a lot when the game is nearly twice as long., The article was talking club level, hence the nrl club game mentioned being the most viewed. And article this year talked about massive growth in the 1 st two rounds, more in fact then the previous Season .

Better than average crowds this round certainly doesn't suggest Origin is having a negative effect on crowds. and with just two FTA matches and five PTV this round 26-28k in not a bad result for TV.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

120 minutes vs 80 isnt close to twice as long