2017 - Rugby League TV Ratings (Rolling totals in OP)

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
User avatar
leeroy*NRL*
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4875
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 pm
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Location:
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: 2017 - Rugby League TV Ratings (Rolling totals in OP)

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

That Atmosphere in Auckland was EPIC>

congrats to N.Z Crowds you made this world cup


Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:32 pm
Team: Eagles
Location:
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 2017 - Rugby League TV Ratings (Rolling totals in OP)

Post by Buzz »

NlolRL wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:31 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:16 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:55 pm
ratings would decrease due to a longer telecast
it would only be a 15min extension >> with nothing but extra advertising breaks delivering a bigger $$
so there is the positive..

NRL with half time only does help figures >> by how much who knows>> very minimal.
but I doubt having extra break or 2 would see a big decline...
would be very minimal.
there are advantages and disadvantages. 3 lengthy breaks in the game would turn some viewers off. If the game was one-sided people are less likely to wait for a break to watch the final quarter
That's why only half time is a lengthy break!

You should go to the basketball: you can't even go to the toilet!

Pure f'n scam artists those bastards!


Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:32 pm
Team: Eagles
Location:
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 2017 - Rugby League TV Ratings (Rolling totals in OP)

Post by Buzz »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:16 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:55 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 pm

do you recan if the NRL introduced quarter and 3 quarter time>> ratings would decrease.?

or would the TV Deal rise ?
ratings would decrease due to a longer telecast
it would only be a 15min extension >> with nothing but extra advertising breaks delivering a bigger $$
so there is the positive..

NRL with half time only does help figures >> by how much who knows>> very minimal.
but I doubt having extra break or 2 would see a big decline...
would be very minimal.
The reason rugby has two halves: it's a simple game and the crowd expect it to just be over and done with!

:thumbleft:

If you give them quarter and three quarter time you will just encourage vice within the stadium walls!

True story..... :thumbleft: :thumbleft:


Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:32 pm
Team: Eagles
Location:
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 2017 - Rugby League TV Ratings (Rolling totals in OP)

Post by Buzz »

pussycat wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:44 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:18 pm
pussycat wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:35 am

well if it comes down to basic numbers I wouldn't be to surprised considering 100 is half of 150 :wink:
Pussycat, what is 50% of 2 hours? 1 hour

Therefore to go from 2 hours to 3 hours you need a 50% increase. To go from 75 minutes to 150 minutes you need a 100% increase.

What level of education did you get to? Your maths is primary school level, and you still dont know the difference between they're, their and there.

Yet AFLcrap picks on Victorian education. LOL
An AFL match lasts 150m. (therefore 1/3 of an AFL game would be 50m) . Therefore 2/3 of an AFL match would be 100m. The length of a Rugby league match is 100m. (therefore the same time for 1 league match = the time for 2/3 of an AFL match) so the difference between the two games is 1/3 or 50m.

What else are you Victorians taught as school? No wonder you think AFL is doing well :(
It's supposed to be 100 minutes of football!

Traditionally that was always the case!

Who the f knows now?


Buzz
Seniors
Seniors
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:32 pm
Team: Eagles
Location:
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 2017 - Rugby League TV Ratings (Rolling totals in OP)

Post by Buzz »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:16 pm
NlolRL wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:55 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:41 pm

do you recan if the NRL introduced quarter and 3 quarter time>> ratings would decrease.?

or would the TV Deal rise ?
ratings would decrease due to a longer telecast
it would only be a 15min extension >> with nothing but extra advertising breaks delivering a bigger $$
so there is the positive..

NRL with half time only does help figures >> by how much who knows>> very minimal.
but I doubt having extra break or 2 would see a big decline...
would be very minimal.
I disagree: the fitness of rugby players is one of the main drawers to the game... the weakening of the opposition as opposed to the victor is what allows the lines to break down in defence and so allow a score to develop!

Thus, if you give them quarter and three quarter time you would just see a super extra scary version of a roided up national r%}^]#[%s league!

Mark my words: it won't happen because society demands it won't happen!

Go on: tell me I'm wrong :thumbleft:

**** YOU CAN'T :cheers:


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest