2017 - NRL - Rugby League TV Ratings

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: 2017 - Rugby League TV Ratings (Rolling totals in OP)

Post by pussycat »

RL had 4 matches over 3m and finished on top of the ratings by 10m without counting NZ. Tell me about the AFL again?

our biggest club game last year was Bris v Parra. by the way, your opening game last year drew just 1.1m

Last year Nth Q v Brisbane matces got 1.15m & 1.23m so 1.19m certainly isn't bad.
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:13 pm
RL had 4 matches over 3m and finished on top of the ratings by 10m without counting NZ. Tell me about the AFL again?

our biggest club game last year was Bris v Parra. by the way, your opening game last year drew just 1.1m

Last year Nth Q v Brisbane matces got 1.15m & 1.23m so 1.19m certainly isn't bad.
we had the highest rating FTA, fox, final and GF games. All you have is a longer season with more games available to watch for your entire audience. Last night will be around your peak given who played, the result, and theres no AFL to contest with yet
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:33 pm

we had the highest rating FTA, fox, final and GF games. All you have is a longer season with more games available to watch for your entire audience. Last night will be around your peak given who played, the result, and theres no AFL to contest with yet
We have less matches yet continue to accumulate more ratings, we continually get 4 of the top 5 matches each year and have the highest rating match in two of the last 3 years! You play match after match into there own home state yet you don't get closed :rock: :rock: :rock:
:thumbleft:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:09 am

We have less matches yet continue to accumulate more ratings, we continually get 4 of the top 5 matches each year and have the highest rating match in two of the last 3 years! You play match after match into there own home state yet you don't get closed :rock: :rock: :rock:
:thumbleft:
you have more matches shown to your entire audience BY FAR! On an NRL v AFL comparison you get flogged year after year. Add to that your matches are averaged over only 2 hours. Youre not even close
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:40 am
Ratings averaged over 2 hours instead of 3. lol. Thats an automatic bias in favour o the NRL position.
And you're an automatic bias to fumbleball pal. Whey don't you just count the numbers (you seem to have enough trouble doing that) and leave the comments to others.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

your chery picking aren't you - selecting one off matches and trying to make out they mean something.
which code attracted the most ratings overall - by a country milel - it's a simple question with just 1 answer?

Your taking a simple cherry picking approach to the season. If GWS had won the final you would of had an all Sydney GF and the AFL would have had its worst ratings in history. They don't win and you have your best result in 16 years - It all depends who is playing.

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:40 am
Ratings averaged over 2 hours instead of 3. lol. Thats an automatic bias in favour o the NRL position.

Our games will be more affected by lulls in a match just as it will be more affected by peaks - its an average

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Ooh but but but, Ooh but but but :(/ :(/ :(/

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:56 am

your chery picking aren't you - selecting one off matches and trying to make out they mean something.
which code attracted the most ratings overall - by a country milel - it's a simple question with just 1 answer?

Your taking a simple cherry picking approach to the season. If GWS had won the final you would of had an all Sydney GF and the AFL would have had its worst ratings in history. They don't win and you have your best result in 16 years - It all depends who is playing.
Cherry picking? You choose you best final, best FTA game, and best fox game. We do the same. We won all of them. This isnt cherry picking because evry game is included. Cherry picking is counting one round only as a comparison.

Next we could count how many times we beat you on Friday night for fox and FTA. Without counting them I'd say we won 80%.

Counting the season total only compares boh competitions schedule. It's virtually irrelevant. It's like saying the news is more popular than MKR because the weeks total ratings are higher, only because it's on 7 days a week and only goes for 1 hour.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Lol
The old fumbler excuse
We have matches overlapping
We have matches go for longer .
After all the chest beating about better media deals more games on FTA etc
The reality is there's only afl house to blame if the matches overlap ..
Work out a better playing schedule ...it's not hard
The NRL did when they had matches on at the same time .
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:18 pm
Lol
The old fumbler excuse
We have matches overlapping
We have matches go for longer .
After all the chest beating about better media deals more games on FTA etc
The reality is there's only afl house to blame if the matches overlap ..
Work out a better playing schedule ...it's not hard
The NRL did when they had matches on at the same time .
We won the TV rights deal showing we are the most valuable product on TV. All we are using the ratings for is to show which comp is more popular. Tallies dont prove popularity, they show the difference between the schedules. This is plainly obvious given the AFL win all the direct comparisons for games, but RL win the tally.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

#NRLRaidersSharks 321k #NRLManlySouths 266k #NRLKnightsTitans 208k Wow just Wow!

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Sun STV #NRL #FoxLeague #NRLDragonsEels 274k
Sun STV #NRL #FoxLeague #NRLTigersPanthers 228k
Sun TV #NRL #NRLTigersPanthers Nine/9Gem 542k (Metro 328k Regional 214k)

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

The guy on offsides raised concerns about nrl fat ratings. Said there were people concerned. Seems a bit early in the price to be saying this.

Re crowds... of it wasn't for Brisbane they would be pretty poor or poorer. They desperately need another team in Brisbane with the Brisbane name in it.
Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

A solid start to the year. Pretty much on par with last season which itself was well up on the previous year. Nine needs to improve - it is leaking numbers to Fox week on week.