NRL ratings records tumble at Fox Sports

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

NRL ratings records tumble at Fox Sports

Post by pussycat »

Storm v Sharks smash ratings for most-watched NRL sub TV game
• 486,000 viewers tune into 501 for minor premiership decider
• Game becomes most-watched STV (subscription TV) event of 2016

Fox Sports NRL coverage on Foxtel hit new heights Saturday night with 486,000 viewers tuning in to see Melbourne Storm claim the Minor Premiership, becoming the highest rating NRL match on Fox Sports of all time.

The Round 26 clash smashed the previous record of 408,000 held since April 2, 2011, between the Eels and Cowboys and becomes the most watched event on subscription television for 2016.

The Saturday night 7.30pm match, which peaked at 569,000 viewers 11 minutes into the second half, becomes the ninth most watched Fox Sports broadcast ever and moves into the Top 10 highest rating events on subscription TV.
http://www.mediaweek.com.au/nrl-record- ... ox-sports/
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Re: NRL ratings records tumble at Fox Sports

Post by Fred »

Awesome. I wonder if the afl will regret having a bye this week. Although it has allowed freedom of scheduling this week.

I was hoping to watch the storm game too. Was it not on fta. If it was would have been hugh. Looking forward to the finals campaign. Storm to win another premiership and ratings through the roof in the grand final. Imagine a storm broncos grand final.
Veni, vidi, vici