Hello ********

NRL, State of Origin and International football TV ratings and discussion.
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 9 times

Hello ********

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

3.9 million :mrgreen:
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Hello ********

Post by King-Eliagh »

Whats this parra?

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
ParraEelsNRL
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 9 times

Post by ParraEelsNRL »

LOL, just the highest ratings sport in the country doing its thing as usual ;)
signature removed by Admin.
User has been banned for this and similar comments.
piesman2011
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 0

Post by piesman2011 »

And the Eels just doing their thing on the bottom of the ladder as well. Nothing new there either.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Unfortunately you're right again there piesman. Something seriously wrong with that club from the top tiers of governance down...I've got a 45 yr old bottle of peter sterling testimonial port sitting on the shelf, just waiting for the day the eels win so it can be drunk. I could be an old man before I get to down it.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
justanotherleaguefan
Seniors
Seniors
Team: Newcastle Knights

Post by justanotherleaguefan »

Origin Game One sets ratings record
24/05/2012 1:28:47 PM

Harvey Norman State of Origin has broken another record with the opening match in Melbourne last night the most watched in Origin history, attracting a national average audience of 3.957 million viewers.

Across the five capital cities, a record 2.515 million average viewers tuned in as the XXXX Queensland Maroons secured a thrilling 18-10 win against the NSW VB Blues at Etihad Stadium.

Across Regional Australia, the match was also the highest rated Origin match ever, with an average audience of 1.442million.

The national, five capital city and regional figures are the highest for any Origin match since the OzTAM ratings began in 2001.

The match is also the highest rating sports broadcast of 2012, attracting over 1.2 million more viewers than the second highest ranking sports broadcast (combined metro & regional).

“It was an enthralling match to open the series and the ratings show just how much Harvey Norman State of Origin means to people across the country,” ARL Commission Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop said today.

“It has set the stage for an exciting second game at ANZ Stadium.”

MATCH AVERAGE:
Sydney: 1,153,000
Brisbane: 908,000
Melbourne: 317,000
Adelaide: 57,000
Perth: 80,000
Regional: 1,442,000

MATCH PEAK:
Sydney: 1,257,000
Brisbane: 982,000
Melbourne: 423,000
Adelaide: 87,000
Perth: 94,000
Regional: 1,674,000

*Regional Includes: Regional NSW, Regional Queensland, Regional Victoria & Tasmania
justanotherleaguefan
Seniors
Seniors

League also has another big win in the 16-39 demo http://www.throng.com.au/2012/05/rec...ate-of-origin/

Quote:
In Sydney, 1.153 million viewers watched the clash on Nine, with a peak of 1.257 million. Sydney saw a huge free-to-air audience share last night with Total People (51.9%), 25-54s (53.6%), 18-49s (57.4%) and 16-39s (58.6%) switching on to Nine.

In Brisbane, an audience of 908,000 watched their home team draw first blood in the 2012 series, making it the highest rating State of Origin match for Brisbane under OzTAM, with a peak of 982,000. Channel Nine in Brisbane had a massive

FTA share last night with Total People (57.4%), 25-54s (60.0%), 18-49s (63.2%) and 16-39s (64.1%).
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon

Post by Xman »

There's no doubt SOO rates very well. But why? If all these people were watching the game because its RL then other RL games would also rate well. But we know that even the NRL GF and ARU rep games don't rate as well as SOO.

So why does it rate so well? Well for staters it's in prime time which adds a massive percentage on afternoon ratings.

Secondly, it's a grudge match between two rival states with significant history. people from each state watch to see if their state can beat the other irrespective of their interest in RL.

Thirdly, in one game it appeals to virtually the entire NRL audience because the NRL is still essentially contained within two Australian states. :lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
justanotherleaguefan
Seniors
Seniors

So why is that funny?
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

Two states out of six? That's a HUGE laugh!

Oh BTW, 3.9 million? SO WHAT!! The AFL so far this year for a full round has only been below that total figure for one round out of eight! *spins finger in the sir*

Needed to be said.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

justanotherleaguefan wrote:
So why is that funny?
Because the fact is that the nRL hasn't expanded beyond 2 states which is its weakness.Yet the fact soo involves only 2 states is the very reason SOO works. Having two rival teams is an ideal arrangment. As the saying goes "Twos company, threes a crowd". If there was a third strong state the rivalry wouldn't work near as well. If the third state was week they would either have to be excluded or the result would be some very uninteresting matches, devaluing the product.

So SOO is strong primarily because the nRL is weak. :lol:
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by MarkZZZ »

TLPG wrote:
Oh BTW, 3.9 million? SO WHAT!! The AFL so far this year for a full round has only been below that total figure for one round out of eight!

so it takes a full round of Aussie Rules to beat ONE game of Rugby League

that "Needed to be said."
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
TLPG
Coach
Coach
Team: MYOB
Been liked: 8 times

Post by TLPG »

It's not a game, Mark. It's an event, and it STILL couldn't pull more than 4 million! A round of NRL is being thrashed by the AFL every single week! So I call the figure bad, not great like the deluded thugby fans are doing.
THIS FORUM IS RACIST
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by MarkZZZ »

its still takes a round of Aussie Rules games to "beat" one game of Rugby League.

Lets go with event. The AFL grand final is an "Event" lets look at the event that was 2011 AFL Grand Final.

AFL chief operating officer Gillon McLachlan said the combined audience on Network Ten across metropolitan and regional areas was 3,524,362

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default ... sid=124612

S.O.O. "Event" 3.957 million

Nuff said
Last edited by MarkZZZ on Thu May 24, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

MarkZZZ wrote:
its still takes a round of Aussie Rules games to "beat" one game of Rugby League.

Nuff said
The 2005 afl GF rated more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Au ... s_for_2005

Just saying