AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 69 times

Re: 2021 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFLW

Post by Terry »

baselinepanther wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:35 pm yeah , the NRL are out of the blocks strongly to start 2021 while the fumbles & feebles have derped & missed in their opening round hahahaha
Yep. R1 is one of the AFL's blockbuster rounds. Unlike the NRL they don't have 3 tiers of their sport to cash in on. They've really gotta go gang busters with what equates to their elite games. For them it's R1, Friday nights and a few other big domestic games.

The NRL of course has SOO and internationals to take the game to another level. For the AFL to have such poor ratings for R1 that the NRL beats it with one less game is a horrendous result.

No doubt the good fumbling folk here will have something to offer lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 125 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:45 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:13 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:09 pm Who is winning overall?
R1 of the AFL season rated 3.906m
R1 of the 2021 NRL season was watched by 3.844m viewers (1 less game)

Both figures don't include Streaming numbers
Once you add in streaming the NRL beat the AFL total with one less game & no home ratings for one team and with less FTA. Not a good start for the fumbling game!!!! I declare a massive R1 win to RL!!! Any ummmmm...............reasons for this.............dear AFL friends????????? Please do tell lolololol!!!!!!!!!!
how many of the NRL's games overlapped? How many were telecast over 3 hours, given even you now concede a longer telecast is a disadvantage when considering average ratings only?

Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Fred »

Fred wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:09 pm Who is winning overall?

Plus nrl had free air in round 1 with no afl up against it.

Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Fred »

Terry wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:17 pm
baselinepanther wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:35 pm yeah , the NRL are out of the blocks strongly to start 2021 while the fumbles & feebles have derped & missed in their opening round hahahaha
Yep. R1 is one of the AFL's blockbuster rounds. Unlike the NRL they don't have 3 tiers of their sport to cash in on. They've really gotta go gang busters with what equates to their elite games. For them it's R1, Friday nights and a few other big domestic games.

The NRL of course has SOO and internationals to take the game to another level. For the AFL to have such poor ratings for R1 that the NRL beats it with one less game is a horrendous result.

No doubt the good fumbling folk here will have something to offer lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Leroy stated the afl won the ratings in round 1

Veni, vidi, vici
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

Fred wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:13 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:17 pm

I thought Leroy stated the afl won the ratings in round 1
Come on Freddo................surely you understand the numbers pal. The AFL were slightly in front not counting streaming. Counting streaming would put the NRL in front having played one less game and without the home numbers of one team and with less FTA. Massive win to RL.

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:27 pm

Once you add in streaming the NRL beat the AFL total with one less game & no home ratings for one team and with less FTA. Not a good start for the fumbling game!!!! I declare a massive R1 win to RL!!! Any ummmmm...............reasons for this.............dear AFL friends????????? Please do tell lolololol!!!!!!!!!!
how many of the NRL's games overlapped? How many were telecast over 3 hours, given even you now concede a longer telecast is a disadvantage when considering average ratings only?
And there we have it lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!! The if's, but's and maybe's!!!!!! Right on cue. Just as expected. Come on pal.........just admit it...........your fave game got thumped in R1.

I'm sure you will win some rounds during the year. And when you do I'll just say well done! No excuses. No histrionics. No BS!!!! Come on pal it ain't that hard lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:37 am

And there we have it lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!! The if's, but's and maybe's!!!!!! Right on cue. Just as expected. Come on pal.........just admit it...........your fave game got thumped in R1.

I'm sure you will win some rounds during the year. And when you do I'll just say well done! No excuses. No histrionics. No BS!!!! Come on pal it ain't that hard lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!
You asked all AFL fans if they could comment. I did. I don't care if you don't like my answer. In future if you don't want an answer don't ask

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:07 am
Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:37 am

You asked all AFL fans if they could comment. I did. I don't care if you don't like my answer. In future if you don't want an answer don't ask
Sorry pal. I know it's hard for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!! In future I will just point out the facts & let you precious fumblers suffer in silence. Oh the humanity lolololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Carlton
Been liked: 92 times

Post by The_Wookie »

Just some minor correction -

* AFL Ratings for R1 came in at 4.463m (496k match average, 615k 7 broadcast average).
* NRL Ratings for R2 came in at 3.482m (435k match average)
* NRL cumulative ratings 7.382m (458k match average)

Sorry to kill off the celebrations.
Had a spreadsheet cell that didnt calculate properly for the AFL, and didnt include Sunday GEM for the NRL.

pussycat wrote: Ps I support Collingwood, I've supported the Cats all my life
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:13 am Just some minor correction -

* AFL Ratings for R1 came in at 4.463m (496k match average, 615k 7 broadcast average).

Had a spreadsheet cell that didnt calculate properly for the AFL, and didnt include Sunday GEM for the NRL.
Thanks Wookie. So that is without streaming?????/

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie »

Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:33 am

yes

Also note that this is based on preliminary overnights. The AFL website claims 4.53m for the week.

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:03 am

yes

Also note that this is based on preliminary overnights. The AFL website claims 4.53m for the week.
Thanks. When streaming is factored in and taking into account the AFL's extra game the final number between AFL R1 & NRL R1 will be very very close.

The_Wookie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The_Wookie »

Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:13 am

yes

Thanks. When streaming is factored in and taking into account the AFL's extra game the final number between AFL R1 & NRL R1 will be very very close.
Nah.

AFL R1 is currently at 4.69m with the streaming from Thursday night included.
NRL R1 is currently at 3.99m with the streaming from Thursday night included.

They arent going to make uo a 700k deficit from the other 7 games, unless the AFL rated fuck all on its other streaming for week 1.

Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:22 am
Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:13 am

yes

Nah.

AFL R1 is currently at 4.69m with the streaming from Thursday night included.
NRL R1 is currently at 3.99m with the streaming from Thursday night included.

They arent going to make uo a 700k deficit from the other 7 games, unless the AFL rated fuck all on its other streaming for week 1.
NRL streaming is gonna close that gap. The AFL will have more in aggregate but the average will be close either way.

NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Poor Terry's bubble didn't last long. Pop