Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: 2021 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFLW

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:27 pm
Terry wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:45 pm
leeroy*NRL* wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:13 pm

R1 of the AFL season rated 3.906m
R1 of the 2021 NRL season was watched by 3.844m viewers (1 less game)

Both figures don't include Streaming numbers
Once you add in streaming the NRL beat the AFL total with one less game & no home ratings for one team and with less FTA. Not a good start for the fumbling game!!!! I declare a massive R1 win to RL!!! Any ummmmm...............reasons for this.............dear AFL friends????????? Please do tell lolololol!!!!!!!!!!
how many of the NRL's games overlapped? How many were telecast over 3 hours, given even you now concede a longer telecast is a disadvantage when considering average ratings only?
And there we have it lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!! The if's, but's and maybe's!!!!!! Right on cue. Just as expected. Come on pal.........just admit it...........your fave game got thumped in R1.

I'm sure you will win some rounds during the year. And when you do I'll just say well done! No excuses. No histrionics. No BS!!!! Come on pal it ain't that hard lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!
NlolRL
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:37 am
Terry wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Once you add in streaming the NRL beat the AFL total with one less game & no home ratings for one team and with less FTA. Not a good start for the fumbling game!!!! I declare a massive R1 win to RL!!! Any ummmmm...............reasons for this.............dear AFL friends????????? Please do tell lolololol!!!!!!!!!!
how many of the NRL's games overlapped? How many were telecast over 3 hours, given even you now concede a longer telecast is a disadvantage when considering average ratings only?
And there we have it lololololololol!!!!!!!!!!! The if's, but's and maybe's!!!!!! Right on cue. Just as expected. Come on pal.........just admit it...........your fave game got thumped in R1.

I'm sure you will win some rounds during the year. And when you do I'll just say well done! No excuses. No histrionics. No BS!!!! Come on pal it ain't that hard lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!
You asked all AFL fans if they could comment. I did. I don't care if you don't like my answer. In future if you don't want an answer don't ask
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:07 am
Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:37 am

You asked all AFL fans if they could comment. I did. I don't care if you don't like my answer. In future if you don't want an answer don't ask
Sorry pal. I know it's hard for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!! In future I will just point out the facts & let you precious fumblers suffer in silence. Oh the humanity lolololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:13 am
Just some minor correction -

* AFL Ratings for R1 came in at 4.463m (496k match average, 615k 7 broadcast average).
* NRL Ratings for R2 came in at 3.482m (435k match average)
* NRL cumulative ratings 7.382m (458k match average)

Sorry to kill off the celebrations.
Had a spreadsheet cell that didnt calculate properly for the AFL, and didnt include Sunday GEM for the NRL.
Thanks Wookie. So that is without streaming?????/
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:03 am
Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:33 am
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:13 am
Just some minor correction -

* AFL Ratings for R1 came in at 4.463m (496k match average, 615k 7 broadcast average).
* NRL Ratings for R2 came in at 3.482m (435k match average)
* NRL cumulative ratings 7.382m (458k match average)

Sorry to kill off the celebrations.
Had a spreadsheet cell that didnt calculate properly for the AFL, and didnt include Sunday GEM for the NRL.
Thanks Wookie. So that is without streaming?????/
yes

Also note that this is based on preliminary overnights. The AFL website claims 4.53m for the week.
Thanks. When streaming is factored in and taking into account the AFL's extra game the final number between AFL R1 & NRL R1 will be very very close.
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:22 am
Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:13 am
The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:03 am

yes

Also note that this is based on preliminary overnights. The AFL website claims 4.53m for the week.
Thanks. When streaming is factored in and taking into account the AFL's extra game the final number between AFL R1 & NRL R1 will be very very close.
Nah.

AFL R1 is currently at 4.69m with the streaming from Thursday night included.
NRL R1 is currently at 3.99m with the streaming from Thursday night included.

They arent going to make uo a 700k deficit from the other 7 games, unless the AFL rated fuck all on its other streaming for week 1.
NRL streaming is gonna close that gap. The AFL will have more in aggregate but the average will be close either way.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Poor Terry's bubble didn't last long. Pop
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:56 pm
Poor Terry's bubble didn't last long. Pop
How so pal? I commented on Wookies original numbers. He changed them and I commented on the new numbers. Simple facts my friend. You oughtta try it one day.

R1 between the codes is gonna be so close it could probably be called a draw. Which is not good for you folk as you need these blockbuster domestic rounds to smash RL.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

R1 didn't really have a blockbuster match. Car v Rich opens our season but despite a big crowd is usually expected to be a dud match. Carlton have been poor for so long while the tigers have had a great 5 years.

The other prime time games involved the pies, hawks, bombers and Swans, all expected to be well below average this year.

For a first round the match ups were pretty men. The results however were pretty encouraging
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

No AFL to go up against either in Round 1 for the NRL - but an extra game of AFL - probably evens out - who knows --- who cares ....... but here we are :)
Veni, vidi, vici
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

Good to see you getting out those excuses early, its all good practice, you'll need plenty once the slide begins.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
Terry
Coach
Coach

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:25 pm
Terry wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:08 pm

R1 between the codes is gonna be so close it could probably be called a draw. Which is not good for you folk as you need these blockbuster domestic rounds to smash RL.
its not going to be close, its not remotely going to be a draw. Not only are you 700k behind already, but to catch up the AFL would have to basically rate nothing in streaming for its other 8 matches.
I clearly stated the AFL would win aggregate. The average is going to be very close which is the more relative number over the duration of the season.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

did not Melbourne have 4 FTA games this week.
And most other states 4 or 5 games.

compared to the NRL 3 nationally..

AFL win, but NRL did amazing to get close.

if you take into account the few points without brushing them off.
pussycat Mark 11
Captain
Captain
Team: Easts
Been liked: 36 times

Post by pussycat Mark 11 »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:24 pm
pussycat Mark 11 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:43 pm
Good to see you getting out those excuses early, its all good practice, you'll need plenty once the slide begins.
dude we won round 1, and our round 1 flogged your round 2. I think we're ok.
Yes and have every year in memory. But the end result always turns out the same.
Australia's number 1 sport RUGBY LEAGUE. Preferred by more Australians than any other :cheers:
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:18 pm
did not Melbourne have 4 FTA games this week.
And most other states 4 or 5 games.

compared to the NRL 3 nationally..

AFL win, but NRL did amazing to get close.

if you take into account the few points without brushing them off.
Imagine if Brisbane got all NRL games on TV before 4pm, and none in prime time. What about some games before 12pm? How much would that impact their ratings? That's what Perth gets at this time of year.