Been liked: 0

Who's talking about TV ratings?

Post by Scorger Man »

Swans a thing of beauty, says the man who called them ugly
By Michael Cowley
June 1, 2005

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
It's been a difficult year for the Swans. Wins and losses on the park and stinging public criticism of their "ugly" style of play.

Now comes the team's most embarrassing "defeat" - their televised game last Saturday night was outrated by a Japanese cooking program on SBS.

On the surface things appear dire, prompting questions about AFL in general and the Swans in particular, 20 years after the club's move to Sydney.

I didn't realise sushi was so popular.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Who's talking about TV ratings?

Post by Beaussie »

Scorger Man wrote:
Swans a thing of beauty, says the man who called them ugly
By Michael Cowley
June 1, 2005

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
It's been a difficult year for the Swans. Wins and losses on the park and stinging public criticism of their "ugly" style of play.

Now comes the team's most embarrassing "defeat" - their televised game last Saturday night was outrated by a Japanese cooking program on SBS.

On the surface things appear dire, prompting questions about AFL in general and the Swans in particular, 20 years after the club's move to Sydney.

I didn't realise sushi was so popular.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
As I've posted in another thread, the Swans game was only outrated by SBS during the half-time break. Not unusual for viewers to be channel surfing during the long break wouldn't you agree.

Overall the Swans v St Kilda game average somthing like 133,000 viewers, easily beating SBS.