Coach
Team: Melbourne Demons
Been liked: 136 times

Re: 2018 - Australian Football TV Ratings - AFL, AFL Womens etc

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:39 pm
good point>

>>too NLOLRL (and so do the AFL)
Rarely ever do the AFL have games that target Perth Adelaide and Melbourne at the same time. The NRL target all their metro heartland almost every time the Broncos play
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:28 pm
good point>

Rarely ever do the AFL have games that target Perth Adelaide and Melbourne at the same time. The NRL target all their metro heartland almost every time the Broncos play
Pretty much every Saturday night they target different markets

The Broncos have 12 matches of a Thur/Friday night. 12 of 45 slightly over 25%
NRL teams that have zero matches on a Thur/Friday night = 0%
NRL teams that have 0 or just 1 match on a Thur/Friday night 18%

Richmond have 8 matches of a Thur/Friday night 8 of 31 - slightly over 25%
Adelaide has 7 matches - 7 of 31 = 23%
Sydney Swans 8 matches - 8 of 31= slightly more than 25%
AFL Teams that have zero matches on a Thur/Friday night = 22%
AFL teams that have 0 or just 1 match on Thur/Friday night = 33%

Get a new excuse!
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:52 pm
NlolRL wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:28 pm
good point>

Pretty much every Saturday night they target different markets

The Broncos have 12 matches of a Thur/Friday night. 12 of 45 slightly over 25%
NRL teams that have zero matches on a Thur/Friday night = 0%
NRL teams that have 0 or just 1 match on a Thur/Friday night 18%

Richmond have 8 matches of a Thur/Friday night 8 of 31 - slightly over 25%
Adelaide has 7 matches - 7 of 31 = 23%
Sydney Swans 8 matches - 8 of 31= slightly more than 25%
AFL Teams that have zero matches on a Thur/Friday night = 22%
AFL teams that have 0 or just 1 match on Thur/Friday night = 33%

Get a new excuse!
you're mixing 2 completely different arguments

Argument 1. Heartland targeting:
You guys claim the AFL target heartland markets, which I agree with, but so do the NRL. The AFL cannot target all heartland markets in a single game, and rarely do it in a combination of games at the same time. It is rare to have Adelaide team, a Perth team and a Melbourne team all playing at the same time. The NRL can do this by playing the Broncos v Sydney side. Furthermore, the AFL have 2 sides in Adelaide and 2 in Perth, so unless it's a local derby only half the city is targeted. Where as Broncos represent your entire second market in 1 team. Playing the Broncos is like the AFL playing the Eagles, Dockers, Power and Crows in a single game against a Melbourne club. The NRL show the Broncos on FTA 16 times this year for that very reason.

Argument 2. Percentage of high performing teams on FTA. Again, I agree the AFL schedule more successful clubs on Friday nights. But the NRL do this to an even greater proportion on both Thursday and Friday nights. So my excuse isnt busted, yours is
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

No Im not . You put forward arguments and there a load of garbage!

You do this pretty much every Saturday night on FTA , I didn't check out Sunday but i'm pretty sure its the same thing there as well.

And it not as if you cant do it that way, you chose to do it that way to increase your farking ratings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You show about 34 single matches . About 34 of 80 that are shown to all markets

............................................................................................................................

The figures don't say that at all infact they show exactly the opposite.

The AFL top rating teams dominate there Thursday/Friday nights much more than the NRL's do,

And the AFL's poor rating teams get a lot less of a look in then the NRL's poor rating teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:20 am
You do this pretty much every Saturday night on FTA , I didn't check out Sunday but i'm pretty sure its the same thing there as well.
so go on then, find a Saturday when a Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne have teams playing at the same time. Even if you could, this is only one of two teams from Adelaide and Perth, which is less targeted than the Broncos for the entire city of Brisbane
And it not as if you cant do it that way, you chose to do it that way to increase your farking ratings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ye of course its for ratings, just like Broncos getting 16 FTA games this year
You show about 34 single matches . About 34 of 80 that are shown to all markets
again, no idea what you're on about here
The figures don't say that at all infact they show exactly the opposite.

The AFL top rating teams dominate there Thursday/Friday nights much more than the NRL's do,
Totally wrong. I counted all sides who participated in the Thursday and Friday games and averaged their ladder positions from 2017. The NRL averaged higher ladder positions for both their Firday and Thursday games, so on average they had higher positioned teams than the AFL did. If you dont believe me do the figures yourself. I've posted them down below to save you the trouble. The left hand teams are Thursday, right hand Friday. The Average ladder position is then shown below. Underneath this is the AFL's Friday games which shows a lower average, therefore proving the NRL show better performing sides ON AVERAGE.
And the AFL's poor rating teams get a lot less of a look in then the NRL's poor rating teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
which the figures below take into account. Depsite the fact we dont show the lowest teams the NRL still had a higher average, which shows how much the NRL favour their more successful teams

dragons broncos 9 3 cowboys sharks 8 5
sharks dragons 5 9 broncos cowboys 3 8
storm cowboys 1 8 broncos tigers 3 14
sharks storm 5 1 sea eagles raiders 6 10
raiders bulldogs 10 11 dragons rabbitohs 10 12
roosters rabbitohs 2 12 dragons sharks 9 5
bulldogs roosters 11 2 broncos storm 3 1
rabbitohs broncos 12 3 panthers bulldogs 7 11
broncos bulldogs 3 11 panthers cowboys 7 8
tigers cowboys 14 8 bulldogs eels 11 4
panthers tigers 7 14 broncos roosters 3 2
broncos eels 3 4 cowboys storm 8 1
sea eagles cowboys 6 8 rabbitohs sharks 12 5
titans rabbitohs 15 12
eels rabbitohs 4 12 roosters panthers 2 7
dragons eels 9 4 roosters storm 2 1
storm dragons 1 9 panthers warriors 7 13
knights eels 16 4
eels bulldogs 4 11 broncos panthers 3 7
broncos sharks 3 5 bulldogs tigers 12 14
bulldogs broncos 11 3 rabbitohs storm 12 1
cowboys broncos 8 3 rabbitohs roosters 12 2
broncos rabbitohs 3 12 storm eels 1 4
tigers sea eagles 14 6 cowboys eels 8 4
rabbitohs tigers 12 14 storm panthers 1 7

Thursday average 7.17 Friday average 6.86

ess crows 7 1

carl coll 16 13
crows coll 1 13
syd crows 6 1
wb carl 10 16
geel gws 2 4
haw syd 12 6
crows wb 1 10
coll wb 13 10
syd carl 6 16
port rich 5 3
syd wc 6 8
port melb 5 9
wb geel 10 2
rich crows 3 1
stk carl 11 16
stk rich 11 3
ess syd 7 6
rich geel 3 2
ess stk 7 11
ess rich 7 3

Friday average 7.21
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

How your sides rate has nothing to do with ladder position. Absolutely Farcking Nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Get it through your thick head. You shouldn't be reawarded for playing Collingwood and Carlton, as you seem to think. There 2 of your biggest sides and as such the rate well .The sides that don't rate well ; Lions , Freemantle, Roos, Suns Are shielded from the major timeslots because they would be a major embarrassment and a bad look for the AFL.

pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

" The Broncos getting 16 game this year'

What sort of hair brained logic is that? The NRL has 80 games televised this year and the broncos will appear in 16 - Wow. 80 matches would require 160 teams and the Broncos will appear in 16 of them - What does that prove? What does that even mean?????????????????

Its an advantage to target a number of teams with more than one game. Only you could find something in that to complain about.

Your latest but but excuse claimed that you rarely get 1 game targeting all your markets(I'm not sure what that's about. I'm not even sure if you do yourself.) but about 45% of your matches do. A few more than hardly ever. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

HEAR HEAR TO THAT>>>

the top 8 sides that do not rate well in the AFL are as follows.
In random order

St Kilda
Kangas
Lions
SUNS
FREO
PORT
DEMONS
Western Bulldogs

(these teams you will find are the least on Thursday / Friday night football.
leeroy*NRL*
Team: St George Illawarra Dragons
Been liked: 67 times

Post by leeroy*NRL* »

pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:35 pm

What sort of hair brained logic is that? The NRL has 80 games televised this year and the broncos will appear in 16 - Wow. 80 matches would require 160 teams and the Broncos will appear in 16 of them - What does that prove? What does that even mean?????????????????

Its an advantage to target a number of teams with more than one game. Only you could find something in that to complain about.

Your latest but but excuse claimed that you rarely get 1 game targeting all your markets(I'm not sure what that's about. I'm not even sure if you do yourself.) but about 45% of your matches do. A few more than hardly ever. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
LET ALONE
LIONS
SUNS
EAGLES
FREO
PORT
CROWS
SWANS
GWS

will have each game televised on FTA throughout the year!!

leaving the door open for the BIG MELBOURNE CLUBS
to have The BIG TIMESLOTS
WITH THE ODD GAME AGAINST A BIG INTERSTATE SIDE

being
CROWS
EAGLES
SWANS
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:58 pm
How your sides rate has nothing to do with ladder position. Absolutely Farcking Nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Get it through your thick head. You shouldn't be reawarded for playing Collingwood and Carlton, as you seem to think. There 2 of your biggest sides and as such the rate well .The sides that don't rate well ; Lions , Freemantle, Roos, Suns Are shielded from the major timeslots because they would be a major embarrassment and a bad look for the AFL.
wrong wrong wrong.

The GWS v Dogs final a few years ago was the highest rating final, other than GF, ever

The preliminary final, which was broadcast by the Seven Network and simulcast on Fox Footy, was the second-most watched game in AFL history outside of a Grand Final. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-25/t ... ver-giants

The giants have a tiny following, and the dogs one of the smallest of the Melbourne AFL sides. Yet the ratings were off the scale.

Sure, popular clubs rate well to an extent, but not if they are in poor form because neutral viewers, which make up the majority of the audience, want to see a quality matchup between successful teams. THAT is why both codes favour the top of the ladder teams when they schedule Friday and Thursday night.

As for the AFL not showing Suns, Lions, Roos and Freo, well that backs up my point, they are all down the bottom. The giants are currently successful yet have a tiny following, but rate well. This pretty much puts a bullet through your BS theory
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Terry »

NlolRL wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:14 pm
pussycat wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:58 pm
wrong wrong wrong.

The GWS v Dogs final a few years ago was the highest rating final, other than GF, ever

The preliminary final, which was broadcast by the Seven Network and simulcast on Fox Footy, was the second-most watched game in AFL history outside of a Grand Final. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-25/t ... ver-giants

The giants have a tiny following, and the dogs one of the smallest of the Melbourne AFL sides. Yet the ratings were off the scale.

Sure, popular clubs rate well to an extent, but not if they are in poor form because neutral viewers, which make up the majority of the audience, want to see a quality matchup between successful teams. THAT is why both codes favour the top of the ladder teams when they schedule Friday and Thursday night.

As for the AFL not showing Suns, Lions, Roos and Freo, well that backs up my point, they are all down the bottom. The giants are currently successful yet have a tiny following, but rate well. This pretty much puts a bullet through your BS theory
Wow!!!!!! You could get a job at Barnum and Bailey's as a contortionist. You can put your feet behind ya ears, turn ya self inside out and fold yaself into a suitcase lolololololololololoololololol. That's a handy skill if you're on the run from the coppers......but not much good when discussing tv ratings.

Give up this rubbish pal!!! Count the numbers is all you have to do. Raw numbers!!!! Or as I have now said 2546 times............get fumblehouse to change the schedule. If they don't you got what ya got pal......suck eggs......and stop whining......it's very unbecoming of a grown man. (Dependent of course on you being a grown man lololol).
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

it means the Eagles, Dockers, Crows and Power get 22 targeted games on FTA and the Broncos 16, most of which are prime time. You act as if targeted games are unique to the AFL, but the NRL have them too
Im not complaining about them, Im showing that the NRL can target their entire secondary heartland market in a single game, where as the AFL need multiple games because we have 4 teams in our second heartland markets, not just the Broncos
Your latest but but excuse claimed that you rarely get 1 game targeting all your markets(I'm not sure what that's about. I'm not even sure if you do yourself.) but about 45% of your matches do. A few more than hardly ever.
It means on Friday night you can target a metro audience of 7m with a single game, while we can only target 2 of three heartland cities, and even then only half Perth or Adelaide. Yet you still lose the ratings comparisons
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

Terry wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Wow!!!!!! You could get a job at Barnum and Bailey's as a contortionist. You can put your feet behind ya ears, turn ya self inside out and fold yaself into a suitcase lolololololololololoololololol. That's a handy skill if you're on the run from the coppers......but not much good when discussing tv ratings.

Give up this rubbish pal!!! Count the numbers is all you have to do. Raw numbers!!!! Or as I have now said 2546 times............get fumblehouse to change the schedule. If they don't you got what ya got pal......suck eggs......and stop whining......it's very unbecoming of a grown man. (Dependent of course on you being a grown man lololol).
FFS This is a discussion forum Terry, yet all you want to do is hurl personal insults. Clearly a forum like this just isnt for you. Well I'm done with you, you're now permanently on ignore so I can no longer read, nor will I be responding to any of your posts from now on. Not that I'll be missing anything, they're all off-topic childish insults anyway.
NlolRL
Coach
Coach

Post by NlolRL »

leeroy*NRL* wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:46 pm

LET ALONE
LIONS
SUNS
EAGLES
FREO
PORT
CROWS
SWANS
GWS

will have each game televised on FTA throughout the year!!

leaving the door open for the BIG MELBOURNE CLUBS
to have The BIG TIMESLOTS
WITH THE ODD GAME AGAINST A BIG INTERSTATE SIDE

being
CROWS
EAGLES
SWANS
The giants, swans, eagles, crows, and power have Friday games, so theyre not all left to bigger Melbourne clubs. That's just rubbish