AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Fox reports the AFLW tv ratings have quadrupled the male A-League tv ratings

Post by Beaussie »

Wow, AFLW beating My Kitchen Rules and quadrupling the tv ratings for the men's A-League.

How much did Fox pay again for the A-League? :shock:
The AFL refused to speculate on a new women's media deal, saying it was too soon to measure the TV success just two rounds in, but would not rule out rewriting the agreement. How could it not on the figures to date? The Western Bulldogs' victory over Fremantle two weeks ago was the top-rating program in Melbourne that week, defeating My Kitchen Rules in a result that astonished the Seven Network. On market value, broadcasters and the AFL agree a prime-time women's game is worth the same as Seven's Saturday night winter AFL game.

This is because Saturday night telecasts of AFLW have, in their infancy, rated as well as their male AFL equivalents, and on many comparisons better. On pay TV, Fox reports that the competition has quadrupled its male A-League numbers. In ratings terms, the women Australian rules footballers' wages look embarrassing when compared with the soccer men.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/womens-afl/af ... ufs96.html
therealist
Team: Brisbane Broncos
Been liked: 0

Re: Fox reports the AFLW tv ratings have quadrupled the male A-League tv ratings

Post by therealist »

Beaussie wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:40 am
Wow, AFLW beating My Kitchen Rules and quadrupling the tv ratings for the men's A-League.

How much did Fox pay again for the A-League? :shock:
The AFL refused to speculate on a new women's media deal, saying it was too soon to measure the TV success just two rounds in, but would not rule out rewriting the agreement. How could it not on the figures to date? The Western Bulldogs' victory over Fremantle two weeks ago was the top-rating program in Melbourne that week, defeating My Kitchen Rules in a result that astonished the Seven Network. On market value, broadcasters and the AFL agree a prime-time women's game is worth the same as Seven's Saturday night winter AFL game.

This is because Saturday night telecasts of AFLW have, in their infancy, rated as well as their male AFL equivalents, and on many comparisons better. On pay TV, Fox reports that the competition has quadrupled its male A-League numbers. In ratings terms, the women Australian rules footballers' wages look embarrassing when compared with the soccer men.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/womens-afl/af ... ufs96.html
Comparing apples with oranges... How desperate can they get?! And comparing their ratings, after 1 week, to the men... Laughable. Can you please give everyone an update on how how "fantastic" the AFLW ratings are now?... :_<>
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Fox reports the AFLW tv ratings have quadrupled the male A-League tv ratings

Post by Terry »

I can give an update. They have tanked.....lololololololol. I now expect Wookie or the SO to tell me otherwise or make excuses why.......or just delete my post. They're not keen on facts.
therealist

Post by therealist »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:49 pm
i expect you to fuck off and quit trolling.
Wookie can you please put up the tv audience comparisons of all the sports from the last round, so the silly person who created this thread can eat their humble pie?

From what I've seen, the AFLW were beaten by all comers on the weekend. Can we just get this comfirmed?

Cheers mate. You're a good sport.
Terry
Coach
Coach
Team: Wests Tigers
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Terry »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm
Why the fuck would I do anything you ask now?
Haha!!! Yeah........cause you're so important little wookie......lolololololololol
therealist

Post by therealist »

The_Wookie wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm
Why the fuck would I do anything you ask now?
I called you a "good sport" in the hope you would stop acting like spoilt sport mate.

The fact that you're more than willing to put up the tv audience statistics when the AFLW are beating one male sport and go along with the chest beating over these statistics, then seemingly refuse (using the excuse you have here) to put tv audience statistics up showing the reality of how "great" the AFLW is going, really shows what type of person you are.

"The true measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy"
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I too have a dream. That one day a game of football will not be judged by the figures of ratings and crowd numbers but to the joy it brings, whether it be to few or many, and for the contentment it can provide on a Saturday afternoon accompanied by a cold beer after having just mowed the lawn as I lay on the couch. I HAVE A DREAM that one day differing codes of football can coexist side by side and live harmoniously together acknowledging their differences whilst celebrating their strengths. I HAVE A DREAM. That one day my children's children will go to the afl one day and the nrl the next and no one will think any more if this. Yes... I have a dream.
Veni, vidi, vici
therealist

Post by therealist »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:13 am
the fact is I put up every sport. every week. regardless of how their crowds and ratings are concerned. The fact is that this website forum is well behind my other priorities for posting that information.

Like everyone else not on on this fucking forum you can get them from where i post them elsewhere.
Well mate, I'm not a forum slut. So, i have no idea what other forums you're on. If you would kindly let me know where "elsewhere" is? I will more than happily take back anything bad i have said. :-k