AFL may seek new TV deal for women's competition

AFL football TV ratings and discussion.
therealist
Team: Brisbane Broncos
Been liked: 0

Re: AFL may seek new TV deal for women's competition

Post by therealist »

Ok. I'll 'dumb' it down for you Wookie. Seen as though you're so keen on talking only about FTA games, we'll just use them. Let me know if you want to use Foxtel statistics too? You'll only be embarrassed more but.

Alright. Here goes:

Round 1. 3 FTA games. With 1,370,000 veiwers for the 3 games. 1,370,000 ÷ 3 = 456,000 AVERAGE veiwers per game.

Round 2. 1 FTA game. 346,000 veiwers for that game. 346,000 ÷ 1 = 346,000 AVERAGE veiwers per (one game on FTA) game. From round 1 to round 2, the FTA veiwer AVERAGE dropped by 110,000 veiwers.

It gets better but;

Round 3. 1 FTA game. 214,000 veiwers for that match. 214,000 ÷ 1 = 214,000 AVERAGE veiwers per (one game onFTA) game. Another drop of 132,000 AVERAGE veiwers.

I can't make that anymore simple than i have mate. Basic math.
Fred
Coach
Coach
Team: Collingwood
Been liked: 156 times

Post by Fred »

I don't think you can get an average from 1 thing? I may be wrong but thought an average was a measure of central tendency? Mean median and mode being the three of which you have used the mean method but where one figure is used mode or medium would give same result ,,, but I always thought an average was used for more than 1 sample. Happy to stand corrected though. Gosh I may even google this as am curious now.
Veni, vidi, vici
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

Yes, would seem I am right.
Veni, vidi, vici
therealist

Post by therealist »

It's a pretty basic concept Fred. You are thinking waaaay to far into it.

Say, you play cricket. You bat once, score 32 runs, then get out, and never bat again. So from one complete innings, you scored 32 runs. Therefore, your average is 32...
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves
Team: warriors Hurricanes All Blacks

Post by rugby365 »

good one them. I'm all for women's sport getting the recognition it deserves. The English rugby union has announced a new professional woman's comp. hopefully oz and other countries follow suit. If they can afford it that is.
AFLcrap1
Coach
Coach
Team: The Scottish Puffins
Been liked: 75 times

Post by AFLcrap1 »

Fred wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:30 am
I don't think you can get an average from 1 thing? I may be wrong but thought an average was a measure of central tendency? Mean median and mode being the three of which you have used the mean method but where one figure is used mode or medium would give same result ,,, but I always thought an average was used for more than 1 sample. Happy to stand corrected though. Gosh I may even google this as am curious now.
Lol Fred
Tell that to swines
After the first game he posted that the AFLW had a crowd average of 24k .
Lol

Funny you never corrected him
TLPG 🤣liar extraordinaire
You should thank me for publishing your IP

and I never published any actual IP. That's it.
🤣
I was a mod at the time .
Xman wrote
I also gave them to TLPG believing he was still a mod.I admit I made a mistake.
:^o :^o
therealist

Post by therealist »

The_Wookie wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:37 am
no lets do it this way

lets ignore that in week 1 we had regional figures we didnt get in week 2 but which you've elected to include in week 1's average anyway skewing that data way off base.

one week I have two FTA games that rate a certain amount, and i derive an average from the two game metro average, the next week I have only 1 FTA metro rating game that carries an audience almost the equivelant of the previous weeks 2 game average. Thats exactly what happened here.
Fair enough, i can understand not using the regional numbers, i can understand that.

But Wookie! Mate! People are smarter than you think! Using your system, there's a drop in average veiwers of 127,500 from week 1 to 2. Your calling that "almost the equivalent"...

I'm going to have a wild guess here, and suggest you're not an accountant for your day job...
therealist

Post by therealist »

rugby365 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:11 pm
good one them. I'm all for women's sport getting the recognition it deserves. The English rugby union has announced a new professional woman's comp. hopefully oz and other countries follow suit. If they can afford it that is.
"Recognition they deserve"... Can please elaborate on why they "deserve" this recognition?
Fred
Coach
Coach

Post by Fred »

AFLcrap1 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:47 pm
Fred wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:30 am
Lol Fred
Tell that to swines
After the first game he posted that the AFLW had a crowd average of 24k .
Lol

Funny you never corrected him
Didn't see it or can't remember .
Veni, vidi, vici
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

therealist wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:51 pm
"Recognition they deserve"... Can please elaborate on why they "deserve" this recognition?
Use your brain....if you have one
therealist

Post by therealist »

rugby365 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:15 pm
Please elaborate on why they "deserve" this recognition? Or are you too embarrassed because you've been called out on something?
rugby365
Reserves
Reserves

Post by rugby365 »

therealist wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:38 am

Please elaborate on why they "deserve" this recognition? Or are you too embarrassed because you've been called out on something?
called out on what? lol

I have worked closely with women’s teams within rugby, both at club and rep level. The amount of work these young ladies do and the commitment they show to train to get to those rep levels is amazing.

Then the additional work they put in once they get to the rep level, having to train 3 or 4 times a week, even double ups with gym in the morning and training at night but then trying to balance that with a full time job isn’t easy.

It’s great that these women are now being recognised for their hard work and dedication by getting paid.

I am sure that rugby isn’t the only sport where women show that level of commitment so I’m happy they are getting more recognition for their hard work.
pussycat
Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Post by pussycat »

The_Wookie wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 pm
Its about far more than the womens competition, which is the public face of a far larger compaign for womens football development that is already paying off in many ways.

The league doesnt have to be profitable in the short term, because the league isnt planning short term. But league folks around here dont seem to understand long term planning - and its kind of understandable since the NRL doesnt understand it either.
Wookie the article that Beau just showed us claimed the women.s game was worth $1m a game - So who kidding who?
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
therealist

Post by therealist »

rugby365 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:55 am

called out on what? lol

I have worked closely with women’s teams within rugby, both at club and rep level. The amount of work these young ladies do and the commitment they show to train to get to those rep levels is amazing.

Then the additional work they put in once they get to the rep level, having to train 3 or 4 times a week, even double ups with gym in the morning and training at night but then trying to balance that with a full time job isn’t easy.

It’s great that these women are now being recognised for their hard work and dedication by getting paid.

I am sure that rugby isn’t the only sport where women show that level of commitment so I’m happy they are getting more recognition for their hard work.
Sorry, i thought you were talking about the AFLW players. Rugby, i can understand that a little more.
leagueiscrap
Banned
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 7 times

Post by leagueiscrap »

therealist wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:47 pm
rugby365 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:55 am

called out on what? lol

Sorry, i thought you were talking about the AFLW players. Rugby, i can understand that a little more.
why wouldn't it relate to aflw as well?
Australian sporting sponsorship
AFL excess of $50m
A league $30 million plus
ARU $27 million
NRLOL $25 million

Leagueiscrap
and she still changes your nappies as well!
pusseycat replys
Only when I have an accident.