Coach
Coach
Team: The Shanghai Sharks
Been liked: 32 times

Re: the VFL caught out on their GF TV ratings

Post by pussycat »

=D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D>
Rugby League, the dominant force in Australian sport! :cheers:

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach
Team: Essendon
Been liked: 0

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
So pussycat, please explain your theory....im a bit confused as to why you think the AFLs dramatic increase in ratings this year is caused by splitting their telecast when it was split last year as well? :-k
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
Stewie
Coach
Coach
Team: Port Adelaide Football Club

Post by Stewie »

Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:
Live broadcasts are the main reason the AFL ratings have increased.

8-[

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wot a F wit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow, Raiderdave is more mentally ill than I thought. In Raiderdave's world, delayed AFL broadcasts should rate the same as live AFL broadcasts would, even if they're on a 3 hour delay like in Perth. What a fucking ****** this dickhead is.
Raiderdave wrote:

7K is a tremendous turnout
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Stewie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:

8-[

Wow, Raiderdave is more mentally ill than I thought. In Raiderdave's world, delayed AFL broadcasts should rate the same as live AFL broadcasts would, even if they're on a 3 hour delay like in Perth. What a ******* ****** this ******** is.
He's so far out of his league he just makes crap up, or simply ignores it. :roll:

When official numbers favour RL he quotes it as truth. When it favours AFL he claims its fudged or just completely ignores it.

He is the worst poster I've seen on any forum. #-o
King-Eliagh: ...I believe [RL] is popular in all the other states and territories, bar tasmania.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
So pussycat, please explain your theory....im a bit confused as to why you think the AFLs dramatic increase in ratings this year is caused by splitting their telecast when it was split last year as well? :-k
My theory????? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I know it must be terribley embarrassing to be fooled like that , but we both no the information comes from Oztam so stop playing dumb. Its time that you faced up to the facts. ]

"I do like annoying the Victorians; they are so easy to get, At times I've looked at them and had a giggle." Peter V'Landys
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
My theory????? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I know it must be terribley embarrassing to be fooled like that , but we both no the information comes from Oztam so stop playing dumb. Its time that you faced up to the facts. ]
Stop playing dumb. She clearly stated there was a split telecast already last year but they just used a different name. Therefore the increase in ratings this year had nothing to split telecasts dumbo :roll:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Um, could you please explain why last years AFL and NRL grand finals and coverage throughout the day were split up?

AFL
http://oztam.com.au/documents/2011/OzTA ... umCons.pdf

NRL
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Stewie wrote:
Raiderdave wrote:
Stewie wrote:

8-[

Wow, Raiderdave is more mentally ill than I thought. In Raiderdave's world, delayed AFL broadcasts should rate the same as live AFL broadcasts would, even if they're on a 3 hour delay like in Perth. What a ******* ****** this ******** is.

They'll be an incease ,but not 25%.

Was your final series live last year?

Time to come back to reality.

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

What is the point of your signature pussycat? I'm confused as the same splitting of events happens in the NRL too. Your signautre makes you look pretty silly I think.
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Xman wrote:
Um, could you please explain why last years AFL and NRL grand finals and coverage throughout the day were split up?

AFL

NRL

Seems to be the tradition for Grand Finals with both codes split there game into sections.

But if you read the email it isnt the grand final that shes talking about.

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote:
Beaussie wrote:
pussycat wrote:

AFL

NRL

Seems to be the tradition for Grand Finals with both codes split there game into sections.

But if you read the email it isnt the grand final that shes talking about.
I still don't get what point it is you're trying to make. The figures more clearly show exactly how many are watching the main event. That's a good thing isn't it? :?>
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Beaussie wrote:
What is the point of your signature pussycat? I'm confused as the same splitting of events happens in the NRL too. Your signautre makes you look pretty silly I think.
I suggest you go back and find out what were talking about!

Ch7 have , this year, started using this coding method for regular season matches , hence the large increase in your ratings this year.

Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

pussycat wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Ch7 have , this year, started using this coding method for regular season matches , hence the large increase in your ratings this year.
Again I ask, what is wrong with that? Channel 9 as you've admitted does the same for the NRL. Gives a more accurate picture of the viewer numbers I would have thought?
Xman
Coach
Coach

Post by Xman »

Beaussie wrote:
pussycat wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Again I ask, what is wrong with that? Channel 9 as you've admitted does the same for the NRL. Gives a more accurate picture of the viewer numbers I would have thought?
What the stupid feline is doing is using the fact that the ch7 split the telecast into pre, post and main game sections, to maximise ratings, as the major reason the AFL have seen such a big rise in ratings this year. :roll:

He is not claiming the current ratings are incorrect, just that this years rise is not as substantial as we are led to believe. I would suggest to him then that the afl ratings must have been under counted in previous years making all the previous victories claimed by the NRL via Roy masters a farce. Thanks pussy! :lol:

He is conveniently ignoring the fact oztam clearly stated ch7 were already splitting the telecast last year, but just calling the post match stuff a different name :roll:

So he is ignoring the fact the increase in ratings are because the afl games are now live and shown at 7.30pm, and is trying to claim the increase is for a reason that already existed last year :lol:

He's lost all credibility on this one :roll:
pussycat
Coach
Coach

Post by pussycat »

Im not question the morality of the system. And as far I know Ch.9 do not use this systerm for its NRL coverage of regular season matches. But, according to oztam , ch7 have been using this system for there AFL coverage this year for regular season . According to Oztam it maximises ratings. Doesnt it seem slightly more than just a coincidence that the AFL numbers increase 25%, or there about, the year that start using this new codeing system?