Title Fight for Mundine in Sydney

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Title Fight for Mundine in Sydney

Post by Beaussie »

Daily Telegraph wrote:
Sydney title fight for Mundine
March 9, 2005
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story ... id=2784063

ANTHONY Mundine today announced he will challenge Denmark's unbeaten World Boxing Association super middleweight world champion Mikkel Kessler at the Sydney Entertainment Centre on May 11.

Kessler, the man who took the title from Manny Siaca, who had taken it from Mundine, has won all 35 of his professional fights, 27 by KO.

Mundine's camp previously suggested he might not fight again in Sydney after the Boxing Authority of NSW rejected his last opponent, but Mundine said he wanted to fight in his home city and it had cost a lot of money to bring the bout to Sydney.

He said Kessler had great defence and an especially good right hand and he expected the fight to be the hardest of his career.

Can't wait for this one. Hope he doesn't just dance around with the odd jab hoping he wins this time round. He's certainly got the speed and punch, I just wish he would use those abilities more often.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yep should be a good one. I hope for the same beaussie, its a pity though i'll just miss it, will be in sydney one month later. I must say im worried for him though this guy has an impressive record.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
wwwman
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by wwwman »

Yes i think kessler well test mundine again but i think mundine will be better prepared especially after the green fight but i hope he wins if he doesnt the heat will be on him mainly from his knockers who want to see him shutdown, or sat down and knocked out.
Cheers Folks
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

wwwman wrote:
but i hope he wins if he doesnt the heat will be on him mainly from his knockers who want to see him shutdown, or sat down and knocked out.
No doubt it will be the same type of people who meanwhile support Green's comeback.

PS welcome aboard wwwman. :)))
wwwman
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by wwwman »

Beaussie, Thanks for the welcome
Cheers