Hockey

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
EvilGeee.
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by EvilGeee. »

Thanks Bea.

It IS a sport I take very seriously. From the time I started bowling in contract leagues, I always made a profit. Bowling skins tournaments always saw a good return. 87 saw me on the Coca Cola Classic. I bowled 4 games on TV during the step ladder final. I finished 4th. Some nice coin there too.

Osbourne Park Bowl in WA I went to sub for a mate and took out the strike jackpot which was worth over $5,000. The following week at the same centre subbing for the same friend, I shot a 300 game in a 5 man team. That was another $5,000 and could've been more if I was an actual member of the league, but because I was subbing AMF weren't obligated to pay out. Just the centre.

Every year I walk away with money.

Here......have a drumstick.

LU, where paranoia runs amok.
lescygnes
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Post by lescygnes »

spot on beaussie

i thought i was dealing with an amatuer here (well EvilGee, you didnt even know about fivepin, but then again, most of the world ignore the poor old canadians. even the neighbours think they go dog sledding and live in igloos)

great story there! well done!
EvilGeee.
Team:

Post by EvilGeee. »

John, I subscribe to the Bowlers Journal. Been reading it for years and I work in the industry. I've been to the Brunswick & AMF seminars. I've competed and have been soundly beaten by the best in the world. Phang Nepomacheno(sp) comes to mind. (fukking left handers) I've never heard anyone mention 5pin bowling. And my career spans 35 years.

I have seen a scaled down version of 10pin in US bars. About 1/8th scale. It's just a pub game, but it seemed rather popular at the time.

Here......have a drumstick.

LU, where paranoia runs amok.
lescygnes
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by lescygnes »

well maybe i should organise a game of fivepin before i leave canuckistan for the hell of it!!! would make me even more unique than i already am!!!!!

played a board game called "mexican trains" tonight. with a pack of dykes and I won every game and didnt get beaten up!!!! he he

ive found my calling at long last!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

This may sound silly and please excuse my ignorance, but what kind of board game is "mexican trains"?
lescygnes
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by lescygnes »

its played with dominoes.

we had six players. first player is chosen by if they have the double 12's domino.

then clockwise.

you have your own track and a communal track.

so obviously you have to have a domino with 12 on it to start in the first round.

after that, you can either add to your own track with a domino or add to the communal track. if you put down a double domino (one with double 4 or whatever) you have to put down another thereafter.

if you dont have one, or in a normal turn cannot add to your own track or the communal, you have to pick up a domino from whats left. you can rid yourself of that domino you just picked up straight away if it can go down anywhere, but if it doesnt, well bad luck.

the winner of the game is the first to get rid of all of your dominoes. you start with 11 of them.

i friggin well hope that made sense!!!!!

ill show you one day.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Kinda makes sense. :lol:

Perhaps it would be better that you show me one day when you get home.
lescygnes
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by lescygnes »

yer on mate!

well, its now gone midnight here. i literally am going home tomorrow!!!!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I hope you've made the most of your time in the good ole USA and Canada.
lescygnes
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by lescygnes »

not really. a year doesnt do it justice. but ive had a full year and have enjoyed it all despite a few screw ups along the way. thats life! live and learn......

but its going to be a weird week.

olympia, seattle, vancouver bc, taipei, sydney and melbourne all within 6 days.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Lucky bastard. I wish I had the funds for such an adventure. Oh well, one day perhaps.