Mundine v Green

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Not related to Mundine v Green, but an update on Mundine's rematch with Siaca.

Mundine rematch postponed
January 22, 2005
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Breaking-New ... 64975.html

Anthony Mundine will have to wait a little longer for revenge over Manny Siaca after their boxing rematch was postponed.

Puerto Rican Siaca, who took the World Boxing Association super middleweight title from Mundine on a split points decision in Sydney last May, suffered a training injury.

Siaca and Mundine were scheduled to fight on February 2 at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre.

Unbeaten Dane Mikkel Kessler subsequently took the world title from Siaca in Copenhagen last November.

It is believed Mundine wants to press ahead with fighting on that date and a new opponent will be organised.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I myself am unsure of who will win this fight. Mundine at his best would be too classy for the slugger named green. But after seeing his last two fights at the entertainment centre I see some big weaknesses in mundines approach to big hitters. He seems to stay out of reach and pepper jabs way too much. This is how he lost the fight to siaca, he probably punched the guy more but he definitely didnt dominate the fight, instead he came in jabbed and got quickly out of there.

I just hope he works on his inside defence and gets stuck in from now on, otherwise I cant see him holding any belt for more than a year.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
haz-dogg
Team:
Been liked: 0

Post by haz-dogg »

boxing is senseless fightingand should be banned before even more serious injuries occur. :twisted: