National Hockey League

Whether it be cricket, golf, basketball, tennis, boxing or any other sport - this is the place for you.
lescygnes
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

National Hockey League

Post by lescygnes »

now lets talk about a real sport!

my Canucks arent doing too bad. small hiccup today against the Avs, but we'll be right. still a game in hand against the Wild.

and nothing gets the Canadian population baying for blood like a Canadian team kickin ass in the playoffs!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

What's the coverage like on Foxtel here? Do you get to see you Canucks often?
lescygnes
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by lescygnes »

nothin!

we get two games a week through ESPN and they always show crappy american teams. anyone into hockey couldnt give a rats about florida panthers versus phoenix coyotes.

not one canucks game on tv here so far. have seen one habs game (Montréal Canadiens).

hopefully this will change with the playoffs fast approaching!

geez i hope calgary beat minnesota tomorrow while we do the biz against the la kings
dogsact

Post by dogsact »

I wish they would show more. I saw a game live when i was passing through Canada. I thought it was shit hot, even if I had no real idea of all the rules.
lescygnes
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by lescygnes »

nothing, and i mean nothing gets a canadian hotted up like a good game of hockey,

look at the last two times the federal government changed hands in canada? both times there was a players strike in the NHL.

dont screw with a canadians' hockey eh!

i can only speak for my time in the great city of Vancouver. Van is one hell of a hockey town. playoff time is something special. the whole city is covered with canucks flags, etc. even people hanging out of cars with flags on the nights of the games.

i work for a company based 'en la grande ville de Montréal' and the Habs fans are some of the most dedicated ive seen. i spose winning 26 stanley cups help!

dont start me on the leafs :evil: