Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves
Team: Richmond Tigers
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

How good was the NRL on the weekend

Post by Scorger Man »

This is by no means a personal dig at Saint George Illawarra Dragons (SGID) or the Parramatta Eels (PE) but how good was the finals on Saturday night and Sunday. SGID did put up a match for the red hot Tigers which was a more than I could say for the PE. With that as well, what about the fn' Queensland Cows, who of thought they were the same team that got flogged by the Tigers a couple of weeks ago, can't wait for Sunday night.

EEEH YAAH Tigers!! :D Do both your towns proud
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Must say that although I find it difficult to follow NRL, the thought of the Cowboys and West Tigers playing has me showing some interest.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Go Cowboys. What happened KE, 29-0. :lol:
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

Beaussie wrote:

Well Beaussie, I am suprised. Not only are you going against your state (or does that only matter in the AFL and NBL) but also your area of upbringing :( sad stuff beaussie, sad stuff.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Scorger Man wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

Well Beaussie, I am suprised. Not only are you going against your state (or does that only matter in the AFL and NBL) but also your area of upbringing :( sad stuff beaussie, sad stuff.
I'm sick of hearing about the fairytale Wests Tigers. Sydney/NSW is AFL territory now. Get the Tigers off the front page and back to the Swans. They represent the entire state whilst Wests Tigers only represent Campbelltown and Balmain. Nice move to have the Swans ticker tape parade on Friday. Should take away the spotlight from the NRL GF on Sunday.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

Geez how far do the Swans have to walk in this parade? Are they walking around NSW? From what I can gather the Swans are walking from Circular Quay to Sydney Town hall and is expected to go for a couple of hours, not until after Sunday night :lol:. But maybe your right Beaussie, so why don't you head to a small NSW rural town and wait there for your Swans to come parading through town around 8pm on Sunday night
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Scorger Man wrote:
Geez how far do the Swans have to walk in this parade? Are they walking around NSW? From what I can gather the Swans are walking from Circular Quay to Sydney Town hall and is expected to go for a couple of hours, not until after Sunday night :lol:. But maybe your right Beaussie, so why don't you head to a small NSW rural town and wait there for your Swans to come parading through town around 8pm on Sunday night
I'm hoping the Swans do indeed take the premiership cup right around NSW. In any case, the ticker tape parade on Friday should see the Sydney papers lead with the Swans on Saturday, thus taking the spotlight away from the NRL GF.

I really do hope that amalgamated shit pile you follow gets beat on Sunday.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

In regards to the coverage, I honestly don't think the leading Sydney papers have a quota of pages that they can not go over so if a couple of pages are taken up with the ticker tape parade, then good on them but I don't think it's going to have any impact on the amount that the papers will write about the NRL Grand Final.

Now come on Beaussie, don't be like that in regards to the Wests Tigers, I saw you picked em for the Broncs/Tigers match but I guess you went with the SGIDs' last weekend (and don't be taking the piss out of KE either, you must have backed the Eels as well, or is that why your a bit sore......... #-o
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

As long as the Swans ticker tape parade is front page on Saturday. :wink:

I did indeed back the Eels. Should of known better as they always choke in the finals. As for Wests Tigers, like I said I want them beaten. Let QLD have the NRL premiership. Sydney/NSW is already happy with the biggest premiership of any competition in Australia.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

One question Beaussie, If AFL is the biggest premiership of any competition, then why are you so threatened by the NRL? I would have thought you'd be sated by the swans winning and the support of the Swans bandwagon across NSW that you would be quitely happy. Obviously not :? Guess there's no pleasing some
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

I just want the NRL with its pathetic nationwide support put in its rightful place in Sydney/NSW (ie: behind the AFL) when it comes to media coverage. Go Cowboys. Kill off the so-called fairytale dream for the Wests Tigers.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

So therefore you are conceding that the NRL is actually the biggest code in Sydney/NSW and not the AFL =D> Either way I don't really care about which is the most popular, followed etc. If people enjoy watching the game, then they will watch the game whether it's cock fighting or lawn bowls.

And Beaussie, as far as fairytale teams, the Fn' Queensland Cows were the "Fairytale" team of last year so I suggest you don't tune in on Sunday night, but then again, the Swans had a bit of a fairytale season as well didn't they!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A punter is looking at picking up $1 Million if the Tigers win as he has backed the Wests Tigers and the Swans to take out their premierships for a $1 bet. I know the Tigers were at 151 to 1 to take out the premiership at the start of the season, so with returns like this, the Swans couldn't have been too much better :oops:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

The Swans were 26 to 1 at the start of the season.
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

See, fairytales do come true :lol:
Scorger Man
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Scorger Man »

Beaussie wrote:
Scorger Man wrote:
Beaussie wrote:

I'm sick of hearing about the fairytale Wests Tigers. Sydney/NSW is AFL territory now. Get the Tigers off the front page and back to the Swans. They represent the entire state whilst Wests Tigers only represent Campbelltown and Balmain. Nice move to have the Swans ticker tape parade on Friday. Should take away the spotlight from the NRL GF on Sunday.
Yes that is correct Beaussie, the Swans do represent the WHOLE state and all you have are a pathetic 28,000 club members. For a club that represents the WHOLE state that not too impressive. To calculate the members of the NSW NRL club members you would have to add up all of the members from the 10 NRL clubs which would prove more than 28k that's for sure. West Coast eagles, who have to battle for fans against another AFL team in their state have 40,000 odd fans, yep your right Beaussie, a 2 hour ticker tape parade will take all the spot light away from the NRL GF :roll: they'll be giving away the tickets because people would rather sit at home and watch replays of the parade!! :_<>