Rugby League news and discussion.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Mundine to Return to NRL

Post by Beaussie »

Just saw on Sports Tonight that Choc is planning on playing in the NRL again by June. Apparently the NZ Warriors are keen to sign him.

So much for going for the world title. Danny Green seemed very bitter.
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Mundine to Return to NRL

Post by footygeek »

Beaussie wrote:
Just saw on Sports Tonight that Choc is planning on playing in the NRL again by June. Apparently the NZ Warriors are keen to sign him.

So much for going for the world title. Danny Green seemed very bitter.
Mundine in NRL? Was he in the NRL before he started boxing?
footygeek
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by footygeek »

just heard on nightline that he will still fight against danny green and then return to rugby league but he is still not sure of which club he is going to play rugby for. He still has to speak to a couple of clubs.
Matrix
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by Matrix »

No offense to Mundine but I think he was a better Rugby player then a boxer, he let his mouth and his ego stuff up his boxing career. Where would he end up? On the NRL Footy Show they reckon the Roosters would be the first one's in line for him to sign with.

Anyone else would be able to have a shot? It would probably be a NSW team, I don't think one of the QLD teams or the Storm would get him because he would probably not want to relocate.
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

footygeek wrote:
just heard on nightline that he will still fight against danny green and then return to rugby league but he is still not sure of which club he is going to play rugby for. He still has to speak to a couple of clubs.
How can he be serious about his next fight with talk of returning to rugby league. :roll:
Grim Reaper
Coach
Coach
Team:

Post by Grim Reaper »

Lucky Choc did not got to the AFL...Port Adelaide would not take him as we already have a Choc....Mark Williams!

But for the life of me why does he want to play NRL....I thought Mundine was a smart man....this is stupid!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Choc to me seems desperate to go down in history as someone who has done things noone else has done. His claim was I want to be the first man to ever get a world boxing title and a rugby league premiership. He's said things like this so many times and although I like a bit of brashness this is more like desperateness at this stage. The pace and skill level has increased alot over the last four years and it would be very unfortunate if such a talented athlete returns and fails in his former sport.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?