Northern Territory to get live Footy on Fridays?

Rugby League news and discussion.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Northern Territory to get live Footy on Fridays?

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

Looking at Crocodileman's previous signature I may get a harsh slap on the wrist for this, but I was browsing a Rules forum this afternoon (BigFooty.com... am I allowed to say that? :oops: ) and I found some information in a Rugby League subforum relating to NRL coverage in Darwin or the Northern Territory.

According to the thread and the link given, the NRL's Friday night match of the round will now be telecast live into Darwin on Nine at 7pm Darwin time. The coverage will run through to 8:45, when the normal AFL match will be shown.

My understanding was always that the N.T. was keen on AFL these days, or is this mythical or just plain ignorance on my part? I haven't read or heard anything about the NRL pushing for better coverage (as I understand the NRL was delayed till late at night after the AFL in the NT) so why this move by Nine?

Obvioulsy good news for the NRL I guess, but i'd rather we get better coverage where I live :cry: :evil:
Last edited by Dizzys_on_fire on Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Gillespie - 54* (155)

Formerly Uppy80
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

I certainly hope you're right here dizzys. I'm not in darwin though so hope its all of the NT? Will check local guides very soon! :P

I bet beaussie's happy with this :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Good news for league fans in the NT if true.

NT is still definately AFL heartland though. Shame you can't get the same kind of NRL coverage in NSW Dizzy. You get better AFL coverage in NSW than you do NRL. :lol:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Yes it definitely is good news for NT league fans. And I remember you gloating in a post in here a while back that i would only get the one game prime time here for the whole season on a fri night. hehehe

It seems to me as though the war between afl and league is hotting up in the territory and i would go as far to say that league is slowly becoming the sport of choice for all young territorian men :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes league will not be intimidated any longer in the territory the time has come and with live FTA coverage on friday nights im feeling positive that soon enough NT will be league heartland! :lol:

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

King-Eliagh wrote:
Yes it definitely is good news for NT league fans. And I remember you gloating in a post in here a while back that i would only get the one game prime time here for the whole season on a fri night. hehehe
Lets first see how long it lasts. Will be interesting to check the ratings of it live.
King-Eliagh wrote:
It seems to me as though the war between afl and league is hotting up in the territory and i would go as far to say that league is slowly becoming the sport of choice for all young territorian men :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes league will not be intimidated any longer in the territory the time has come and with live FTA coverage on friday nights im feeling positive that soon enough NT will be league heartland! :lol:
Whatever. :roll:
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

This is the link given on the forum

http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide/010 ... y=1/4/2005
7:00 pm
Channel Nine Darwin

Nine's Friday Night Football - Parramatta Eels V Penrith Panthers (105 mins )
Genre: Sport

Live from Parramatta Stadium. Join the expert commentary team including Ray Warren, Paul Vautin, Peter Sterling, Phil Gould, Matthew Johns and Andrew Voss for all the action.
8:45 pm
Channel Nine Darwin

Nine's Friday Night Football - Carlton V Essendon (195 mins )

From the MCG. Join the expert commentary team including Eddie McGuire, Garry Lyon, Dennis Cometti and Dermott Brereton for all the action.

Formerly Uppy80
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

The man who had his pants off the minute he read Demetrious vision wrote:

Whatever. :roll:
:lol: Exactly what I said when i saw demetrious vision!!! :lol:

Funny that eh beaussie? :wink: :lol:

xman wrote:
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Thats great stuff there dizzys. My two fav teams going up against eachother two, what a blessing :lol: .

League has obviously made a very swift move here and all under the radar of the mass media! Ahh the war is definitely on, the afl come out huffing and puffing about their money and their plans while league moves silently into the trenches and delivers a killer blow right in the middle of afl heartland! :lol: :lol:

xman wrote:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Well this has certainly snuck under the radar as it has not been advertised on Channel Nine this week. I'm not happy about having to wait another 15 minutes for my AFL game to start! :(

I'm betting that Channel Nine are testing the waters. I can assure all of you that I've got more chance of becoming PM than League has of overtaking Aussie Rules as the preferred sport up here! It aint going to happen!
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah i know it wont croc just having a laugh at beaussie. Thing is afl has no chance of overtaking league in sydney...it wont happen!

Ahh but its still great stuff to see league's pushing afl back up there, if you go by beaussies crackpot theories this means league is now number one in the NT :lol: :lol: :lol: Go league!

Again dizzys many thankyous for providing this information :)

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beaussie »

Dizzys_on_fire wrote:
This is the link given on the forum

http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/guide/010 ... y=1/4/2005
That link took me to the TV guide for Brisbane for some strange reason.

Anyway upon checking Darwin that is correct what you have below Dizzy. How come the NT has ABC NT and ABC 2 and SBS News and SBS NT? :?
7:00 pm
Channel Nine Darwin

Nine's Friday Night Football - Parramatta Eels V Penrith Panthers (105 mins )

Live from Parramatta Stadium. Join the expert commentary team including Ray Warren, Paul Vautin, Peter Sterling, Phil Gould, Matthew Johns and Andrew Voss for all the action.
Will be interesting to see how it rates, not that it has much competition judging by the TV guide. A Gondola on the Murray, Strictly Dancing, Home and Away, Better Homes and Gardens etc. :roll:
8:45 pm
Channel Nine Darwin

Nine's Friday Night Football - Carlton V Essendon (195 mins )

From the MCG. Join the expert commentary team including Eddie McGuire, Garry Lyon, Dennis Cometti and Dermott Brereton for all the action.
Dizzys_on_fire
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by Dizzys_on_fire »

In what could be considered sad news, Channel Nine in Darwin will also switch Footy Shows, showing the NRL show before the AFL show. Although they are both kinda crap, so it probably doesn't matter.

Another sign that things are changing up there perhaps? First Friday night games shown live and now the Footy Shows are being swaped?

Formerly Uppy80
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:_<>

Dizzy's STOP, this is just too good to be true. :lol:

Say it aint so! :lol:

Thats it then if we go by beaussies theories darwin is now definitely RL HEARTLAND. Dont even bother going against us here beaussie :(/

Demetrious vision's looking pretty fucked up now isnt it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The sport of choice for ALL young Australian men eh? Not in Darwin it wont be :lol: :lol:

xman wrote:
crocodileman

Post by crocodileman »

Yes KE, I got the shock of my life last night when I flicked and found fatty and harrogan looking at me at 9.34pm - luckily I had eaten many hours earlier.

Seems to be some sour grapes by Nine at the prospect of losing FTA rights to Seven - but it may be just that League is catching up?
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: Fatty and harragon looking at you!

Maybe league is catching up. If you ask me league will be the sport of choice for allllllll young australian men by may 5th 2005 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where are ya beaussie? This stuff is right up your alley isnt it? :lol:

xman wrote: