DISAPPOINTED

Rugby League news and discussion.
EL BUHO
Team: Real Madrid.
Been liked: 0

DISAPPOINTED

Post by EL BUHO »

As a long time rugby league fan who has followed the game all his life and travelled the world seen games at Wembley , Nou Camp And the BERNABEU
in Madrid, It Depresses me to see that The NRL is more into match fixing and placing bets before the game has even started, For a code striving professionalism the refs are not to standard, Could it be they do not have control or no idea, That it makes me wonder why i watch this game that i love believing it is still innocent, We still ALL WATCH, For example i had nop interest in tonghts game, But expexpected and watched until half time one of the best games of footy i've seen in a while, Till the standard finish ended me changing channells because it was the same shit dif smell, And i'm a Doggies fan who at the end of the day just wants a ngood FAIR Game, Knowing that we have a better game.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Re: DISAPPOINTED

Post by MarkZZZ »

I guess you're entitled to your opinion EL BUHO. I haven't noticed any reports of match fixing, there have been incidents of bets been made by players but that happens in all codes and all sports. Recent allegations of drugs in sport have not been limited to only the NRL, the AFL appears to also have a few questions to answer. Having said that there are drug cheats in all games, it's the nature of the beast. You pay (or reward in any way) anyone to achieve and you will find someone trying to gain an unfair advantage.

This has been a good start to the NRL season with many close matches and many great performances and crowds have been good with a lot of attendance records being broken.

Like I said at the start you are entitled to your opinion but for me Rugby League is still the greatest game of all.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:

Re: DISAPPOINTED

Post by kaskill »

As long as you can bet on sport people involved will do it!! It happens in all sports but In my opinion its hard in the likes of AFL or NRL to "fix" a match rather than something like soccer or tennis because lets face it if you're a goal keeper in a soccer match you could throw a lot of money on your team to lose and easily pretend to let some through.
Im an AFL fan but I have to agree with Markzzz I think the NRL is off to a great start this season.