Hopoate - Hollywood Awaits

Rugby League news and discussion.
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Hopoate - Hollywood Awaits

Post by crocodileman »

Hollywood talent scouts have had preliminary talks with John Hopoate to star in the next series of Rambo movies to replace the ageing Sylvester Stallone.

This comes a day after the NRL Match Review Committee referred his forearm shot on Cronulla forward Keith Galloway directly to the judiciary without grading the tackle. The committee, which will meet on Wednesday are reportedly set to make an example of Hopoate and rub him out for the remainder of the NRL season.

Fans at Sunday's match were sickened by the forearm shot on Galloway, leaving the Cronulla management to refer to Hopoate as a "neanderthal."

For his part, Hopoate has yet to show any remorse for the tackle, preferring to suggest that Rugby League is a sport for the cerebrally challenged.

"Me not soft. Me hit hard....Me Rugby League player... Me hit hard..."

Reports from the Manly dressing room post game suggest that despite being in hot water, Hopoate spent several minutes on the phone to Willie Mason organising a lift to next weekend's hip hop concert in Sydney.

Rugby League supremo Geoff Gallup was last night attempting to provide a "smokescreen" around the incident. When asked on what action he would take. his reply was somewhat puzzling.

"Look, Rugby League is a sport of sheer talent and skill. No-one has asked me how a man can run 15 metres at full pace, jump into the air and strike a player in the head who is 25 centimetres taller than him. Surely, it shows that pre-season training at the Sea Eagles was productive this year?"

Galloway is currently still under medical care at his parents home eating blended chicken soup and contemplating his future in this skillful game of Rugby League.

However, the final word in this sorry episode should go to the man, Hopoate himself, who succintly gets to main issue confronting the sport.

"Me League... Rugby League...Me tough.."

Crocodile Cronicle
21 March 2005
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Hopoate - Hollywood Awaits

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
"Me not soft. Me hit hard....Me Rugby League player... Me hit hard..."

Crocodile Cronicle
21 March 2005
:_<>
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hopoate should be scrubbed from the game. He's just done too much, and it seems he has helped in ruining the view of the sport. League is a highly skillful sport that involves brute strength aswell. This IMO is what makes the game so special, and I must say Hoppa in full flight playing within the rules is good to watch. But this guy just cant help himself, he loves a fight, loves a finger, and loves to fuuck up our beautiful game.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Reports just coming through that Hopoate got 17 weeks at the judiciary after pleading guilty.

No surprises as people were saying between 16 and 20 weeks.

Wait for Manly to terminate his contract which should happen tonight or tomorrow.

Now I want to know what punishment awaits for Terry Hill who was vocal in his support for Hopoate straight after the tackle, giving him backslaps and grinning like a cheshire cat.

Manly may have had 2 wins but they are at the bottom of the ladder in my opinion!
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

crocodileman wrote:
Wait for Manly to terminate his contract which should happen tonight or tomorrow.
Manly have indeed terminated his contract. How he ever got back on the field in the first instance playing professional football amazes me, particularly when one considers his past. I heard someone say this morning that Victorians don't know much about rugby league, but they do know about Hopoate. Great image for the game that's for sure. :roll: