Rugby League news and discussion.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

League growing from strength to strength

Post by King-Eliagh »

Well the super league debacle has set the code back and i know there are many haters amongst us on this site who were happy to see the tall poppy get cut down a little.

But league just keeps getting stronger, crowds get bigger, more money is being fed into it, the players are increasing the skill level far and beyond the other codes, and the promotion of the game is top notch.

Well done league, the premier winter sport in sydney.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
crocodileman
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by crocodileman »

Nice post KE. I reckon you've earned a couple of free tickets for your effort! :lol:

I actually had a telemarketer ring me up last night offering me money just to accept some free tickets. :lol: :lol:

See where the crowds are in 2 weeks.

Did you see the crowd at the Telstra Dome tonight?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Yes KE, the NRL goes from strength to strength. A record breaking H&A season average crowd of 14,000 odd. :lol: Good news is it was an increase of about 300 from the previous season. Meanwhile the Melbourne Storm in the second largest city of Australia come in last place when it comes to home crowds with an average crowd of a pitiful 8,000 in a city of roughly 3.5 million. :_<>
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

:lol: :lol:

Tidy work folks. Lets get back to sydney crowds. There are nine teams in sydney lets suppose that two of those teams play eachother on a given weekend. Going by the 14000 average that would be 28000 supporters. And suppose two of those teams play out of sydney. So three teams left averaging 14000 each. So we would have 70000 supporters supporting the premier winter sport in sydney each week compared to the poultry 30000 odd that the swans, whom have the whole sydney afl market, average. Yes its lopsided alright. :lol:

And when you add in that league is a game just made for television and that afl is a game just made to watch live we have a clear cut unanimous winner.

Ahhhhh league :lol: :lol: :lol:

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?