Rugby League news and discussion.
dogmaniac
Reserves
Reserves
Team:
Been liked: 0

Minor Premiership???

Post by dogmaniac »

What is everyone's thoughts on who will win the minor premiership?

Not being Bias(or maybe I am), but I think the dogs have got the perfect momentum to keep rolling on to their way for this years minor and Major premiership.
Storm have had 2 bad defeats against the Dogs and Raiders and loss this week and there must be some doubts about their post Origin form.
I think maybe Manly a slight chance and if the Tigers can find winning form again, then they have a good chance with an easy run home.

Realistically though it comes down to Dogs and Storm. What are your thoughts?
Bulldogs: new breed , new title!!!!
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:
Has thanked: 0

Re: Minor Premiership???

Post by tpsize »

Not too sure. Storm and Manly have been struggling lately. Will be a good game tonight but I can't see why Manly would be favourites to win? Des would love bein the underdog so expect a good showing by the Bulldogs. I like Brisbane's chances as well.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Early in the season you would have thought that Melbourne would go through the season undefeated. Form of late reminds me of St Georges season last year when they where travelling along nicely and where leading the comp until the SOO series and then their season took a nosedive. For me though if I had to predict a minor premier, I would be going for the doggies.

Manly are always hard to beat at home. I have tipped against a few favorites this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
I never stated I'm right.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
call me a skirt lifting sheila.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

What about the bunnies Mark? You think they have a shot? I guess without inglis for three weeks might be tough but they've got a real thing goin on there at redfern this year.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
dogmaniac
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by dogmaniac »

Bunnies are playing well, and at the moment are realistically the only other form team over the last 5 weeks with the dogs. Storm need to bounce back tonight, I am semi hoping dragons knock em off. Would love a 4 point buffer to 2nd spot
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

You got your wish dogmaniac, I'm a Dragons supporter but tipped against them (yes I am kicking myself). The bunnies may finish top 4 but I don't think they have what it takes to keep the form consistant through the final series.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

Poor old Manly trailing the Warriors by 12 at the 55 minute mark. Along with the Storm they have really dropped their bundle. Lucky thaey have time to turn it around before finals.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

tpsize wrote:
Poor old Manly trailing the Warriors by 12 at the 55 minute mark. Along with the Storm they have really dropped their bundle. Lucky thaey have time to turn it around before finals.
You spoke too soon tpsize.

What a great come from behind win for the Sea Eagles. Another thrilling finish to a game of Rugby Leage in front of 20K+ over there in Perth. Seems the Perth crowd enjoy the NRL with good crowds attending matches.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

No I didn't. They even had time to turn it around before the end of the game..................not that I thought they would. It was a great comeback. Hope they keep it going this week against the Cowboys.
dogmaniac
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by dogmaniac »

looking at the bunnies form, you have to look at the last 5 sides they played. they played position 9,10,11,14 and 15. I think the Titans might knock em off this week.
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

Who's going to hop back to form this week? The Bunnies or Sharks? Game of the round.....along with Brisbane vs Storm.
dogmaniac
Reserves
Reserves
Team:

Post by dogmaniac »

bunnies should get up. Storm over Broncos, and My mighty doggies easily over the tigers. Fancy Sheens saying that Barba isn't Superman.... HAHAHA. you better find his kryptonite then Sheensy.
tpsize
Rookie
Rookie
Team:

Post by tpsize »

Doggies only just got home. Same for the Storm. The favourites won.....but only just.
MarkZZZ
Captain
Captain
Team:

Post by MarkZZZ »

Two great games last night "(tickers)" to use an AFL term. 2 from 2 for me so far. I watched the Dogs V Tigers game and even though the Dogs only got up by one they are still the premiership favorites in my eye. There are a few good clashes this weekend with a few that could go either way. Good luck to all in their tipping.
NRLCrap1 wrote:
NRLCrap1 wrote:
Striker
Coach
Coach
Team: Melbourne Storm

Post by Striker »

Cooper got us over the line against a good team. The Storm will get it going at the right end of the season and host the first final.