AFL Warrior
Captain
Captain
Team: Collingwood
Has thanked: 0
Been liked: 0

A moment to call a truce - R.I.P Arthur Beetson

Post by AFL Warrior »

I offer a truce in our battles on the Fight Club to offer my condolonces to Arthur Beetson's family and friends.

RUGBY league Immortal Arthur Beetson has died of a heart attack at the age of 66.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokeswoman said officers were called to a home at Paradise Point on the Gold Coast where a man had suffered a heart attack and fallen from a bicycle shortly before 9am.

Paramedics performed CPR but he was unable to be resuscitated and was transported to Gold Coast Hospital.

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh told State Parliament about Arthur Beetson's death just after 10am and offered her sympathies.

“He loved his league, he loved his Queensland and his loss will be felt by many,” said Bligh.
LEGENDARY former Test forward Arthur Beetson yesterday called on St George Illawarra's Wayne Bennett to quit coaching to become the new supremo of rugby league in Australia. End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

“This morning Queensland has lost one of its legends and one of its favourite sons."

Fans took to the social network Twitter to express their shock at the loss of league legend Arthur Beetson, deluging it with their thoughs.

"It's a sad day when rugby league loses an immortal: Arthur Beetson passed away this morning. rest in peace, Artie,'' the Dragons tweeted.

"Sad day for QLD rugby League. Arthur Beetson was one of the greats. #RIP,'' wrote surfer Luke Monroe.

"Shocked and saddened by the news that Arthur Beetson has passed away. A legend of the game and a great bloke. May he be in a better place,'' wrote Robbie Farah.

The rugby league great died of a heart attack at the age of 66 today.

"Terribly sad re Artie Beetson. He's a great Australian, role model for Indigenous people & one of my childhood heroes. Condolences to family,'' wrote Sports Minister Mark Arbib.
Arthur Beetson

Born 22/1/1945
Played 221 club games between 1964 and 1981 in the QRL and NSWRL
Queensland and Australian representative prop forward
Was the first Indigenous Australian to captain his country
Played with Redcliffe, Balmain, Hull, Eastern Suburbs and Parramatta
Named in the Queensland and Australian teams of the century
He was named the seventh Australian Rugby League Immortal in 2004
Began his 17-year coaching career in 1977 when he was named captain-coach of the Roosters
Went on to coach the Queensland State of Origin team and the Australian representative side
Raiderdave
Coach
Coach
Team: Canberra

Re: A moment to call a truce - R.I.P Arthur Beetson

Post by Raiderdave »

AFL Warrior wrote:
I offer a truce in our battles on the Fight Club to offer my condolonces to Arthur Beetson's family and friends.

RUGBY league Immortal Arthur Beetson has died of a heart attack at the age of 66.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokeswoman said officers were called to a home at Paradise Point on the Gold Coast where a man had suffered a heart attack and fallen from a bicycle shortly before 9am.

Paramedics performed CPR but he was unable to be resuscitated and was transported to Gold Coast Hospital.

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh told State Parliament about Arthur Beetson's death just after 10am and offered her sympathies.

“He loved his league, he loved his Queensland and his loss will be felt by many,” said Bligh.
LEGENDARY former Test forward Arthur Beetson yesterday called on St George Illawarra's Wayne Bennett to quit coaching to become the new supremo of rugby league in Australia. End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

“This morning Queensland has lost one of its legends and one of its favourite sons."

Fans took to the social network Twitter to express their shock at the loss of league legend Arthur Beetson, deluging it with their thoughs.

"It's a sad day when rugby league loses an immortal: Arthur Beetson passed away this morning. rest in peace, Artie,'' the Dragons tweeted.

"Sad day for QLD rugby League. Arthur Beetson was one of the greats. #RIP,'' wrote surfer Luke Monroe.

"Shocked and saddened by the news that Arthur Beetson has passed away. A legend of the game and a great bloke. May he be in a better place,'' wrote Robbie Farah.

The rugby league great died of a heart attack at the age of 66 today.

"Terribly sad re Artie Beetson. He's a great Australian, role model for Indigenous people & one of my childhood heroes. Condolences to family,'' wrote Sports Minister Mark Arbib.
Arthur Beetson

Born 22/1/1945
Played 221 club games between 1964 and 1981 in the QRL and NSWRL
Queensland and Australian representative prop forward
Was the first Indigenous Australian to captain his country
Played with Redcliffe, Balmain, Hull, Eastern Suburbs and Parramatta
Named in the Queensland and Australian teams of the century
He was named the seventh Australian Rugby League Immortal in 2004
Began his 17-year coaching career in 1977 when he was named captain-coach of the Roosters
Went on to coach the Queensland State of Origin team and the Australian representative side
thanks Warrior
very decent of you

he was one of the greats ... an inspiration to the indigenous community
& a very friendly individual ( I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago )

he will be greatly missed

RIP big Artie .............
RL SOO II 4.194 Million veiwers
RL SOO I 4.068 Million
NRL GF 3.968 Million
VFL Grand Final 3.620 Million
SOO III 3.364 Million
NRL Prelim 2.219 Million
Kangaroos V NZ 1.214 Million

Sookerwhos V Japan 238K :lol:
Topper
Coach
Coach
Team: AFL

Post by Topper »

He was also one of the driving forces behind the origins of State of Origin. A genuine sporting legend of Australia.

RIP
Rugby League has a lying culture. Altering crowd figures, relying on inaccurate TV figures from regional NSW and refusing to distance itself from Leagues Clubs and obtain it's own club memberships as it relies on LC's to survive as private entities.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

Big Artie, yep a true legend indeed and larger than life character.

I heard Mick Cronin, on hearing of the big fellas passing, stated the bikes of QLD will be happier. I reckon big Artie woulda had a laugh at this crack if he heard it.

RIP

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?