Melbourne Storm

Rugby League news and discussion.

Would you like to see the storm win the premiership (if not your team)

Yes, Good on em!
50%
No, They are cheats!
50%

Total votes: 6

kaskill
Seniors
Seniors
Team:
Been liked: 0

Melbourne Storm

Post by kaskill »

Great to see the storm going so well after last years saga!
I dont think they deserved to be stripped of everything and i hope this season they get up and win the premiership just to stick it fair up the NRL and its idiots in charge.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach
Team: Parramatta
Been liked: 11 times

Post by King-Eliagh »

No its not good to see kaskill. Taking away a premiership from another team is a disgrace and really they deserved 3 seasons out the fuking wasters! Cheating sux for all the other teams in the comp, bastards.

I agree with the idiots in charge part.

xman wrote:
KE, why is an even comp important?
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Still think a lot of questions regarding the cheating Storm remain unanswered. In particular, the involvement of News Ltd as owners of the Storm and part owners of the NRL. How can they seriously expect us to believe they didn't know about the rorting going on at the Storm.
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hmmm, I wasnt in the country when all this shite went down so not so clued in. Never knew about this beaussie but not all that surprised. An old workmate of mine worked as a trainer for years at a few clubs and also at state of origin in the early 90's and the guy swore the whole friggin league was corrupt. He was real dissilusioned. I hope it would not be the whole league, otherwise what are we supporting teams for...?

xman wrote:
Beaussie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Team: Sydney Swans
Been liked: 51 times

Post by Beaussie »

Hmm, interesting question you raise KE. Your team fined today amongst other teams for salary cap breaches on the very day the NRL releaes its report into the Storm scandal. :shock:
NRL fines Wests Tigers $187,000 for salary cap breach with Titans, Dragons, Eels and Raiders also hit
May 11, 2011 1:57PM

WESTS Tigers are facing a hefty $187,000 fine for a salary-cap breach, the news arriving within minutes of the NRL releasing its report into the Melbourne Storm scandal.

Audits of the 2010 season show the Tigers breached the cap by claiming a long-serving player allowance despite advice from the NRL they were not eligible to do so.

Tigers officials immediately denied the breach, which could cost them $187,140.

"Wests Tigers have always supported the NRL salary-cap principles and rules," a club statement read.

"In relation to our 2010 position, however, we strongly disagree with the findings of the salary-cap audit."

Gold Coast, St George Illawarra, Parramatta and Canberra were also fined in relation to the use of second-tier players and the categorisation of education grants, accommodation and termination payments.

The Titans were hit with $76,380, the Eels $44,988, the Raiders $31,657 and the Dragons $15,694.

Gold Coast copped a further $2500 fine for failing to properly register a Toyota Cup player.

The NRL released the findings just minutes after its long-awaited report into the Storm's $3.8 million rort was made public.

League boss David Gallop said clubs were learning a lesson.

"The compliance across the vast majority of clubs has been encouraging but the penalties are a reminder that the salary cap will be enforced," he said in a statement.

"Six clubs were breached last year, most notably the Storm. It is pleasing to see the number down this year but the warning bells for anyone looking to break the rules could not be any louder.

"For the most part we are seeing a genuine wish to comply with the rules from the clubs but this remains an area in which we are always conducting thorough investigations."

The clubs have until May 20 to make submissions to the NRL in relation to the breaches before any penalties are imposed.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6054018328
King-Eliagh
Coach
Coach

Post by King-Eliagh »

Hmmm interesting and bad news. I gotta say I remember as a kid going out to Panthers games and seeing the players come up on the old big screen, their name and their position would come up, along with their trade or profession.

I remember thinking just a few years later that I was sure that players would receive disguised 'bonuses' to help the players out with their trade or otherwise on top of their normal paypacket as incentives to keep them at the club... I reckon its just gotten bigger and more convoluted now...

Parra only got a little fine though so its prob just an honest mistake in the books :wink:

xman wrote: